chapter four.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AKP8Jcmg2k


"Jieun! Where were you yesterday?" Sori asked.
You looked at her. "What?"
"Where were you? There was a shopping spree at the mall after school yesterday," she said.
You paused. You couldn't tell them that you were being tutored. "I was with... My brother. He took me on a small trip to Busan.." you excused. Sori nodded.

Class started and the teacher walked in, all students went to their seats. The teacher began teaching, but no one was listening. You sighed and played with your phone. You phone vibrated, telling you that you have a text.

Seyong: Let's go somewhere after school...

You smiled.

Jieun: Where?

Seyong: Secret.

You smile widen. But then.. You looked up to the front of the classroom and watched Luhan.

Jieun: /sigh I wish I can... But I'm busy later...

Seyong: Really? I wanted to spend time with you...

Jieun: ... I'll go. I'll cancel my schedule for later.

Seyong: Great. I'll see you at the school gates later.

Jieun: Kays.

School soon ended. You peeked into the computer lab and saw Lay who was on the computer. Lay looked up and gave you a disgusted face. "What do you want?" he said coldly.
You blinked. "I'm looking for Luhan. Where is he?"
"Why? Still need him to tutor you?"
"Just tell me where he is," you snapped.
Lay sighed. "Outside. Soccer field." You walked away without a thank you. Lay scoffed. "Stupid ."

You walked outside to the soccer field and looked around. You finally spotted Luhan. "Hey, you!" you shouted. Luhan looked up. His face stayed expressionless, but he walked towards you. "How much did my dad pay you to tutor me?" you suddenly asked.
"$50 per day," he said.
"I'll give you 100 if you agree to stop tutoring me."
He blinked. "Your money is your dad's money. I don't think he'll be happy about this when he finds out that you bribed me to stop tutoring you."

You scoffed. "He's never happy with anything I do. So, what do you say?"
Luhan paused. "No. I promised Xiumin hyung that I'd help you get ready for graduation. I'm not going to let him down. Nor will I want to let your father down." You pouted. "You might as well walk with me. I'm tutoring you again today. Give me your phone," he said.
You glared at him. "WHAT?! I have something important to do besides being tutored!"
He looked at you. "And what is that? Going on a date with Seyong?"

You looked at him. "H-how'd you know?"
Without a response, he took your phone from your hand. Just as you were about to snatch it back, Luhan walked into the boys' locker room. "Wait out here. Of course you wouldn't go anywhere without your phone."
You pouted and knew that you had to stay out there and wait for him. You sighed. *I wanted to be with Seyong oppa...*
Luhan finally came out and handed you your phone. You took it back and looked in your phone.

Jieun: Sorry Seyong. I can't go anywhere today and tomorrow. I have to be tutored.

Your eyes widen. "Why did you send that message to him?! Especially mentioning that I'm being tutored?!"
He gave you a small smirk. "Why are you worrying? Are you worried that your status would be lower than it already is?"
You glared at him. "ARGH! Let's just go to my home and get the tutoring over with already." You walked away, as Luhan followed behind you.

You both walked into your house, greeted by your maids. Xiumin looked up and looked at the both of you. "Where have you two been?" he asked.
"Is there anything else you do besides just sitting in the living room doing nothing but be noisy, Xiupao oppa?" you said.
He ignored your saying and looked at Luhan, who had his poker face on. You sat on your bed, and Luhan sat in a chair in front of you. "Give me your phone," Luhan said.
You rolled you eyes, but gave him your phone. He put it in his pocket. "So, what are you going to teach me today?"
He wrote down a few quadratic equations and gave you the notebook. "Answer those questions."
You looked at the problems. "What?! 16 problems?!"
"I need to test you to see if you've already mastered this. You got the problem before right."
You sighed. "I already know how to do this! I started doing bad after this unit!"

Luhan just looked at you. "Just do it."
You sighed and started solving the problems. Luhan looked around your room, seeing pictures of a happy family. One of the pictures had you, Xiumin, and your mom. That caught his eye the most. He walked up to it and picked it up. You were actually smiling. Even though you're always smiling, you've never smiled as much as you were in the picture. *She actually looks.. Happy for once.*
The picture was snatched out of his hands. "Yah! Don't touch something that's not yours!" you said, and wiped off the fingerprints on the picture with your sleeve, and neatly put it back in it's place. "I'm finished with the problems."
He took the notebook and looked at them. And they were all correct. He looked at you. "How can you figure these out when you haven't even passed algebra?" You casually shrugged and walked to your desk, turning on your laptop. "What are you doing?"

"Going on the mall's website to see if there's any sales. What do you think? Now that tutoring's done, can I have my phone back?" He gave you your phone. You dialed your friends numbers. You stood up and walked out of your room.
"YAH! Where are you going?!" Luhan asked.
"Tutoring's done. So, I don't need to stay." You walked out of the house.


Later, you were at the mall with Hara and Sori. You sighed. "Do you think he's mad?" Sori asked.
You shrugged. "I don't know. I hope he's not.. But if he is, I'll tell him that my dad forced me to go home..." you said and sipped your soda.
"Well, lets go shopping before the mall closes," Hara said. You all agreed and walked around the mall.

You passed by a gaming store and something caught your eyes. "Wait! I need to buy something in there. For Xiumin oppa's birthday next week!" you said and walked into the store as the others stayed outside. You walked down the aisle and looked at the games. The guys watched you, wondering why you would be in a gaming store. You found the game that your brother wanted. You jumped happily as you took it. "What are you doing here?" Lay asked. You turned to him and saw Luhan, Kris, Tao, and Chen behind him with big eyes.
"Why I can't?" you replied.
Lay snatched the box from you. "Strawrate Online? Why would you want to play this?" he asked suspiciously.
You took it back. "It's for someone special," you said and walked to the counter.
"Seyong? He doesn't look like the type to play these games," Tao said.

You glared at them. "It's for someone else more special than him. Well, the most important person in my life."
They all looked at you, confused. You ignored them and payed for the game and walked out.
"Who are they?" Sori asked as they walked to a different store.
You shrugged. "Xiumin oppa's friends. AKA the geeks at our school."
They both nodded and continued to shop. You softly smiled. *I hope Xiupao oppa will like this present!*


"Your sister is an odd one," Chen said to Xiumin as they sat in the food court.
"While you were in the bathroom, Jieun just walked in and got the MMORPG Strawrate Online. She seemed happy..." Lay said.
Xiumin looked at them. "Do you think she bought it for her dad?" Kris asked.
Xiumin shook his head. "No. Dad never has the time to play any of these games. Probably for Seyong. His birthday is the same day as mine."
"Then... She lied to us?" Luhan said. They all shrugged.

Lay slung his arm over Xiumin's shoulders. "Well, it looks like there's going to be a party next week with just us guys."
"Actually, my dad planned a family party for me this weekend. You guys can come," Xiumin said.
"Are you sure? It's a family party..."
"It's okay. Jieun's probably going to Seyong's party. Plus, it's my birthday, and I'm inviting you guys," he said with a grin.


Hope this chapter is fine. >.< Have no school today. xD Only middle schoolers don't have school. WOO! ouo
I haven't been on Twitter for a while. If you guys want to follow, it's
ljoeholic. xDDD

They're so cute!!