chapter sixteen.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bewParlnTQ


Luhan looked back at you with sorrow eyes, but continued to walk away.
"Jieun..." a voice said behind you. He sighed and walked towards you and pulled you into a hug.
You looked up and saw Lay, who looked at you. He softly smiled and wiped away your tears.


"LU HAN!" his mother shouted as she followed him off the roof. "Why could you just leave a girl like that?! For goodness sake, Luhan, she's crying! You should've cheered her up!"
Luhan sighed and turned to his mother. "Mama, why do you even care about Jieun?"
His mother gave him a serious look. "Because I believe that you are both destined to be with each other."
Luhan rolled his eyes and walked off the stairway and to his locker. "Mama, please stop with all this 'fate' and 'destined' things that you keep believing. Maybe I'm not destined to be with her."
His mother stopped following him. "What does Jiyoung have that Jieun doesn't have?"
Luhan paused, but didn't answer. *Simple. Jiyoung is just the love of my life...*


You and Lay both started to walk to your house. It was already night, the skies were clear, but stars still shined above you. You both ate sandwiches that Lay bought from a nearby bakery. "Feeling better now?"
You nodded and took a bite of your sandwich. "Thanks..." was all you said.
Lay looked at your red, puffy eyes and chuckled. "I guess you do have a heart. I've never seen you cry before," he said. "Oh wait, ignore that I ever said that. Sorry."

You walked out of the bathroom, still soaking wet. You heard a small chuckle from behind you, you turned around and saw Tao and Lay. Tao looked at you with big eyes. He ran to you. "Noona! What happened to you?" he ask, as he looked at your wet hair.
Lay snickered. "Yes. What happened to you? Please do tell," he said with a smirk. You glared at him, realizing that he, too, was also still soaking wet.
Tao pouted. "Stop laughing at noona hyung!"
But Lay continued. "Did you start playing with the water in the girls bathroom? It's a bathroom. Not a pool."
You glared at him and walked away. Tao glared at his gege. "Nice job, gege," he said and walked away. Lay stopped laughing and looked at you as you walked away. Without even thinking, he ran after you.

"Wait up!" he shouted. But you ignored him. He grabbed your arm and turned you to face him. "I was just kidding, don't have to leave--" He looked at you as you tried to avoid eye contact with him. "Are you crying?" he asked with a slight grin. He started to chuckled. "Something else new." You started to walk away again, but he held you back. "Hey, hey. Fine, I'm sorry that I just insulted you and laughed at you. Can you tell me why you're crying?"
You didn't respond, but you started to cry more.


You both sat in a cafe. A warm cappuccino was in your hands. You explained to Lay about what had happen.
Lay scoffed. "I knew that wasn't right," he said.
You glared at him. "You said that you liked Jiyoung more than me."
"I was just saying that. I still hate you though," Lay said. He paused. "What's your relationship with Jiyoung any ways?"

You hesitated to tell him. "Well..." you started. "We were friends at first. But I don't call us as like friends."
"Why not?"
You sighed. "You see, Jiyoung may seem like she's really nice and all, but, to tell you the truth, she isn't... We were best friends since we were little. But the more we grew up, the more she wanted to be better at things than me. Whenever she gets an F and I get a B, she'll try to bribe the teacher to raising her grade to an A. Who ever I liked, she liked them and would date them. You know what I mean right?"
Lay looked at you. "What?"
"Are you serious? You weren't even--"
"No, no. Not
that. I mean, that, Luhan has known Jiyoung for 7 years and I since forever. Never has she done anything to show her real self whenever she's with us." But he suddenly glared at you. "Is this some sort of prank?"
You eyes looked serious, but also sadness. "No..."
Lay looked at you and nodded. "I don't know why, but I feel like I believe you." He paused. "We tell no one about this," he said. He suddenly sighed. "I guess some es do have a heart... But you're not like those es..."

You smiled. "It's okay... I'm used people saying that I am..."
"So, mind telling me another story?" Lay asked.
"A story? I think you're a little too old--"
Lay face palmed. "I meant tell me the story of your mother. She seems like a person you really love."
You nodded. "She was the only person that I was really close to. She was always there for me whenever Xiumin oppa would go to school and I had no one to play with. She was always there to attend to my school performances whenever my dad wouldn't be able to come. But... Today... Neither of my parents could attend to the graduation," you said with a frown.
Lay looked at you. "Please tell me you're not going to cry again," he said.

You glared at him, "You're the one who told me to tell you about me and my mom! I can't help but cry whenever I think of her!"
"But... How long has it been since she died?" he suddenly asked.
You drew circles on the ground with the toe of your shoe. "Around... 3 years... And for the past 3 years, I've finally gotten close to Xiumin oppa. Ever since my mom was still alive, he would always focus on his studies and less on me. Even though he's never been close to me, he's always been a nice and caring brother."
"And your father?"
You took a long pause, "My father..." You looked up into the sky filled with stars. "My father, has hardly been with me ever since then. All those times I've been trying to get his attention, never worked..."
Lay looked at you once more. "You know, I may hate you and all, but... I never thought that you'd be this kind of girl. You're different. Why are you even the queenka?" he asked with a grin.
You rolled your eyes.

Lay's eyes widen to the sight of your house. You looked at him and to your eyes. You let out a gasp and dropped everything that was in your hands. You're house was blazing red and yellow everywhere. Black clouds surround the house, while the sound of sirens go off from down the street.


OTL I need to add more Luhan moments. >< I will probably update again today! ouob