E I G H T ;

Gang EXOPLANET;

 

"Empty your mind, and focus on one thing."

 

'Ok, blank. Empty my mind... Don't think of anything... And focus..' Chanyeol repeated to himself. He couldn't feel anything. Lu han sighed. "Sorry." Chanyeol apologized. Lu han shook his head. "It's alright. I don't think I'm a great teacher either." He smiled. Chanyeol felt bad. His training has started again, but like the usual, he wasn't able to control his powers. "Hm, well, I hope you realize that you can't live alone unless you can control your powers." Joonmyun smiled an evil smile. Chanyeol shut his mouth. He didn't want to be a bother. Chanyeol closed his eyes again. He remembered the time when he first 'controlled' his powers. 'I almost killed kris.' His voice echoed in his head. He was scared. "Chanyeol. You'll be okay. You won't hurt anyone. We promise. So don't be afraid." Yixing said. Lu han held Chanyeol's trembling hands. "Chanyeol-ah. You'll get it. Don't worry." Joonmyun nodded to Lu Han. "He's right Chanyeol." Chanyeol smiled at the boys who were trying to help him. "Wait," Lu han said. "Let's try this shall we?" Lu han grabbed his phone and texted someone. The rest were looking at him with curiosity. A few seconds later, Jongin appeared with a candle in his hand. "Geez, thanks for using me hyung." Jongin pouted as he handed the candle to Lu han. "How is your training coming along hyung?" Jongin asked Chanyeol. Chanyeol shook his head. "It's alright. You'll get it soon!" Jongin smiled.

 

"Okay, this is what we're going to do. Instead of trying to create fire in one go, let's start off with controlling it."

 

Lu han lit up a match and lit the candle. "Okay, instead on focusing on nothing, try to focus on this candle. Just think that you're taking this little ball of fire, and re-shaping it." Chanyeol nodded. "I'll try." Chanyeol closed his eyes, visualizing the fire in his head. He focused on it really hard. Then, the fire on the candle started to move a bit. "Hey! You did it!" Yixing exclaimed. "Congratulations Chanyeol!" Joonmyun applauded. "But.. It only wobbled a bit." Chanyeol said. "It's okay! Take baby steps! Just practise this, and you'll find it easier to create fire." Jongin patted Chanyeol. "Okay then, shall we try again?" Lu han asked. Chanyeol nodded and closed his eyes.

 

-

 

"Okay Chanyeol-ah, it's already 5, let's go back home!" Joonmyun said to Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded. He was very exausted. Sweat was dropping from his forehead, and he was out of breath. "Good job today Chanyeol." Lu han praised. "I'll take all you guys home then!" Jongin jumped. "There's four of us Jongin." Yixing said. "It's okay, it's okay. I haven't used my power a lot in a while, I can do it!" Joonmyun laughed. "Okay then, be our guest!" Jongin chuckled at Joonmyun. "Then hold on tight guys! Don't want to get lost!" Everyone held on Jongin tightly. In a blink, the five of them were in front of their house. When they stepped inside, all of them were bombarded with questions. "How did practice go?" Tao asked with curiousity in his eyes. "Did anything happen?" Jongdae followed. "Lu han hyung I'm hungry!" Kyungsoo whined. "Can you please just stay in topic for at least 2 seconds hyung?!" Sehun flicked Kyungsoo's forehead. Minseok laughed. Kris sighed, and Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen. "I guess we're living with babies..." Yixing grumbled. "Practice went fine. Chanyeol is somewhat able to control fire now." Lu han answered. "It was so cool!" Jongin added. Chanyeol blushed. "I'm still not able to create it... But I can move it?" Kris walked up to Chanyeol and gave him a hug. "Good job-" Kris praised him. The others gagged at them. "Hyung, hyung! I'm hungry!" Kyungsoo looked up to Lu han. Lu han flicked the youngers head. "Shall we have a barbeque party then?" Kyungsoo nodded happily. "In celebration of Chanyeol hyung advancing!" Everyone laughed at Kyungsoo and called him a pig.

 

-

 

'Why am I here...' Baekhyun thought. He rubbed his groggy eyes. All he remembered was Tao waking him up and pushing him in the washroom, telling him to get ready. When he did, he was dragged outside, of course, by a happy Tao, to go grocery shopping along with Kris and Chanyeol. "Baekhyun-ah, don't rub your eyes, they're already red and swollen, are you alright?" A sweat dropped across Baekhyun's back as Chanyeol came up close to him. "I'm okay, I just couldn't sleep last night, that's all." Baekhyun managed to answer Chanyeol without stuttering. He felt proud of himself, and sighed a sigh of relief when Tao came along and dragged Chanyeol to go see the junk food isle. Kris quickly followed them, telling Tao to let go of Chanyeol's hands. When Baekhyun got to where they were, Kris was grasping on to Chanyeols hands, and Tao was rubbing his head, due to the sufficient amount of pain that Kris just had delievered. "Kris-ge, you're so mean to me." Tao pouted. "Be quiet and pick your chips already." Kris snapped. Chanyeol gave Kris a small hit in the stomach, saying that he shouldn't treat Tao like that. Tao smiled. "Baekhyun, why don't you pick something too?" Kris said. "Lu han's treat." He snickered as he pulled out Lu han's mastercard. "Here Baekhyun-ge!" Baekhyun caught what Tao had thrown him. When he checked it, he started to laugh. "Lays smokey bacon flavoured potato chip? Really Tao?" Tao shrugged. Kris and Chanyeol couldn't resist their laughter. Baekhyun sighed and put the chip into the cart. "Whatever, Lu han hyung's treat anyway." The three others laughed, but soon paused.

 

"Excuse me..." A tiny, high pitched voice called them. "You're... Kris right?"

 

Everyone looked at the petite girl. Chanyeol knew her. She was from his class. Chanyeol gave a slight bow to her. However, she ignored him and kept her eyes on Kris. "My name is Kim Soeun, Kris oppa!" She introduced herself. Kris however, ignored her and simply walked away. "W-wait, Kris hyung!" Chanyeol tried to stop him, but Kris kept on going. Tao and Baekhyun looked at the girl, then quickly followed them. "Wait! Oppa!" Soeun catched up to them and blocked their way. "Since when was I your oppa?" Kris snapped at the girl. However, Soeun kept on going. "Oppa! I can't believe I saw you here! Ever since you came to my school with Chanyeol, I couldn't forget about you! But to see you here! It's like we're meant to be!" Kris blew a raspberry. Then, he held out his hands, the hands that were still grasping on to Chanyeol's hand. "Do you see this?" Kris said. "we are meant to be, not you and I." Soeun scoffed. "No way, you guys are guys. That can't happen!" Soeun debated. "Who said?" Baekhyun snarled at the girl. "Who are you to say that they can't happen?" Soeun looked at Baekhyun, slightly afraid. "Besides, even if I wasn't with Chanyeol, I wouldn't have dated such an easy looking girl like you-" Kris continued. Chanyeol looked at Kris, with huge doe like eyes. Then, he turned to Soeun. "Soeun-ah..." Chanyeol muttered. Soeun was trembling. Chanyeol remembered Soeun as a girl with heavy amount of pride. The blow Kris made, definitely left a scratch on her pride. Soeun glared at Chanyeol and walked away. "What an annoying little girl." Tao said. "Exactly my point. I would rather have Kyungsoo whining and complaining 24/7 than to have that girl talk to me for a second." Kris added. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked worried. "... Don't worry about it" Baekhyun said to the taller boy. "It's just that... I feel bad for her... Getting her feelings rejected and all..." Chanyeol spoke softly. 'I know how it feels. Even though I haven't officially been rejected yet' Baekhyun said, in his head. "You're too nice, Chanyeol" Baekhyun managed to force a smile. "Come on guys, let's go" Tao rushed the two. "Time to go home and cook this!"

 

-

 

"Gege- we're here!"

 

Jongdae came up to pick up the grocery bags, but tilted his head when he saw Tao wasn't carrying any. Tao pointed at the back. Jongdae laughed when he saw that Kris was carrying everything. "Stupid Tao" Kris murmured under his breath. "I told you, I'll help you hyung-" Chanyeol said. But Kris shook his head. "No way I'm letting you carry anything" Jongdae pretended to throw up and pointed at Kris' room, "there's a room there. Be my guest!" And walked away. Minseok laughed at Jongdae's comment and took some of the bags away from Kris. "Everyone's outside- it's an outdoor barbeque party!" Tao jumped up and down at Minseok's words. Baekhyun told him to calm down and followed Minseok to their back yard. Kris and Chanyeol quickly followed them.

 

"You guys. did you guys kill the cow yourself and cut it? Why did you guys take so long?"

 

Sehun said. Kris hit Sehun's head lightly. "Sorry, we had to deal with a phsyco" Everyone turned their heads toward Kris. "Phsyco?" Kyungsoo repeated. "Kris ge has a phsyco on his tail." Tao explained. "It's a girl from my university, I guess she fell in love with him when he tagged along that day..." Lu han looked at Kris. "So? What did you do?" He asked. "I'm going out with her now" Kris joked. Lu han punched Kris' arm for his sarcasm. "Let's not talked about that phsyco. Just thinking about her makes me shiver. Chanyeol is billion times better than that creep" Baekhyun said. Chanyeol looked down. He still felt bad for her. "Don't feel bad about it, that girl was way too obnoxious and annoying" Tao told Chanyeol. Kris held Chanyeol's face and made him look up. "You're much better than her for sure" Chanyeol's face turned bright red. "H-Hyung!!" Everyone laughed at Chanyeol's reaction. Kris pinched Chanyeol's cheeks. "Now come on Lu Han, we're hungry. Cook for us!" Lu han scoffed at Kris. "Screw you guys! Who do you think I am? Your maid?!" Lu han slapped Jongdae's head as he nodded. 

 

 

 

"Whoa. I'm so full!"

 

Minseok patted his full stomach. Joonmyun reached over to the table to grab hold of his tea. He took a sip and smiled. "We haven't had a meal like this in ages" Kyungsoo nodded, as he was stuffing his face with dessert with Jongin. Soon, Sehun and Jongdae joined in on the dessert. Lu han sighed. "It feels like I'm the mom or something.." He said, giving himself a facepalm. "Lu han ge- you just called yourself a girl" Yixing commented. Tao bursted into laughter. Lu han glared at them. Chanyeol was leaning his head against Kris' shoulders. He was fiddling around with the remaining fire on the grill. Baekhyun was pretending to read his novel, but his eyes kept on going towards Chanyeol. Then, he realized something fluffy landed on Chanyeol's nose. "Huh?" Chanyeol wondered, as he felt something cold touch the tip of his nose. "... Guys, it's May, right?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun looked up in the sky with disbelief. "Yeah. why?" Jongdae asked. "... It's.." Chanyeol said. "Snowing" Kris ended Chanyeol's sentence. Everyone took a moment to process what Kris had just said. Then their eyes widened as they saw thick, white snowflakes starting to fall from the sky.

 

"... No way" Minseok said, dumbfounded.

 

 

-

 

Happy birthday to our bacon!