Discovery

Mirror Mirror

Your POV

When I saw that Kai wasn't coming down, even after I finished eating my breakfast, I went upstairs to his room. I knocked softly at the door, but when I heard no response, I knocked again, louder. "Kai? Are you in there?"

No response.

I was starting to worry, even if Kai was angry at me, he would answer the door, yelling, but right now, there was nothing. Was he in his lab? I twisted the doorknob. If he was in his lab, it would be locked.

It wasn't, so I turned it fully and slowly opened the door. I peeked inside, at the perfectly made bed. I walked in, there was no one. I the light and looked around. Kai was no where in sight.

I frowned. This wasn't like Kai. I decided to check his lab.

I was familiar with his lab, of course, considering I was created and born in there...just that I haven't been in there for a while...

I walked to the bookshelf and looked around for the big red book. I pulled it out and the bookshelf slid open. I stepped inside and was surprised that everything still looked the same, except for a few experiments or so.

What shocked me most, though, was not the rock with the glowing surface, but what was on it. Lee ~~~~~. She was not there when I woke up, alive.

I slowly walked to the middle of the room and up the steps.

Just as I always imagined, Lee ~~~~~ was beautiful. Though we looked exactly the same, it was certain, she was far more beautiful than me. She had this glow in her, even though she was dead. This glow of... realness. 

She was real. The product of two human beings; male and female. I was just a clone. The product of a mad scientist's love for his deceased lover. We were still products of love... but I was, undeniably, artificial.

I reached out, touching her cold face with my warm fingers. I smiled. I had an advantage. I was alive. Lee ~~~~~ is just a corpse lying on this cold stone. She was so vulnerable right now. I'm not saying I could kill her, I mean, she's already dead, but I can destroy her physical presence. Forever. So even if Kai rendered up some miracle medicine, it would be no good. Her body won't be here. She won't be able to walk this earth ever again.

I traced her perfect face. It's no wonder Kai fell for her, so deeply. But why won't he do the same for me? I am no different from her.

I'm not stupid, though. I know why he loves her. What differentiates us... is our soul. What Kai wants is Lee ~~~~~'s soul, not her physical being. That's why I was a failed experiment. Kai knew from the very start that I was going to be different, but he still had hope. I guess, because he knew clones never lasted long, he was just going to have me for a while.

When I woke, he labeled me as a failed experiment in his many MANY files of experiments.

He knew I was going to fail, but he still tried. Desperate people really do desperate things, especially when they're in love.

I wonder if Kai could really find a solution. If he could actually bring Lee ~~~~~'s soul back into her body. I wonder if there is a way to destroy Lee ~~~~~'s soul forever.

I slowly stepped away from Lee ~~~~~ and out of the lab. If I had stayed in there any longer, I wouldn't be able to stop my hate for Lee ~~~~~ and I would definitely destroy her.

As I was about to walk out of Kai's room, I spotted something on his desk. It was a book, opened at a map. I looked at it curiously. It looked pretty old. I carefully turned to look at the cover.

There was no name. I frowned. What was Kai up to? Was he... following the map? What had he found? I wanted to take the book out, but I knew it would be a bad move. Kai would know.

And I would be punished.

I am certain if Lee ~~~~~ was the one taking things out of his room, he would not care. That's why I hate Lee ~~~~~.

Your POV End

*****