Failed

Mirror Mirror

Narrator's POV

"IT WON'T WORK! WHY? WHY?!" Kai yelled out in frustration. He threw the table over. He was angry. He was sad. He didn't know what to do. Another failed experiment. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes. He walked over to the cold stone where The Original laid, her face so peaceful she looked as if she was just sleeping. Kai caressed her cheek. "~~~~~... I won't. I won't give up. For you." He leaned down and kissed her icy forehead.

He stepped away and backed away to his lab area. He grabbed a jar of green liquid and threw it against the wall, sending tiny sparkles into the air. He growled in frustration and pulled at his hair. "Why... why won't it work?"

He took another glance at The Original then walked out of his secret lab and into his room. He sighed and plopped down onto his bed. He kicked at the end of the bed. 

There was a knock on the door. "Kai... can I come in?"

He shut his eyes and tried to block out that voice. That familiar voice that belonged to Lee ~~~~~'s but wasn't hers. The voice of a clone's. An unwanted clone. He didn't want The Clone. He wanted The Original. He wanted Lee ~~~~~, not Kim ~~~~~. 

"Kai... Please. Come out? You've been in your lab for the past two days now." The Clone continued to knock. It was usual for Kai to be in his lab for days, weeks, sometimes months, without coming out.

Kai growled. "Shut up. Go away." 

"Kai..."

He yelled out in frustration and slammed opened his door. He pinned The Clone against the wall in the corridor. He hissed, "Stop provoking me, if you don't want to get hurt again."

"I wasn't-"

"Shut up." He glared into her brown eyes. "I don't need you. Don't disturb me." He scoffed. "You're probably rejoicing that I didn't succeed, right? I know you never liked ~~~~~. I know. I can see it in your eyes. My ~~~~~ wouldn't hate anyone. That's another thing that differentiates the two of you."

"Kai-"

"SHUT UP!" He slapped her on the cheek, hard, leaving a red hand mark on her face. The Clone bit her lip, to restrain from crying out. She could taste some blood. 

She looked at him. His eyes flared, seeing her. He hated her. The image of her could send him into rage. He slapped her again. 

"DON'T LOOK AT ME USING HER EYES! I HATE YOU! YOU'RE NOT THE SAME AS HER! I HATE HOW YOU LOOK! I HATE YOU FOR LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE HER!"

Kim ~~~~~ kept quiet. She knew better than to point out that he was the one who created her, no matter how much she wanted to.

He hit her again, and pushed her onto the floor.

Kim ~~~~~ bit onto her lip and dug her nails into her palm to restrain from crying out. She'd let him do whatever. It doesn't matter. As long as he let out all his anger and sadness. As long as he would be able to sleep peacefully later on at night.

He was right. She was sort of happy that his experiment failed, but she was sad also. Sad that Kai was so broken. But happy because she was still able to be the only living ~~~~~ in Kai's life. 

Love is so selfish. Love is so selfless.

Kim ~~~~~ hated Lee ~~~~~. The Clone hated The Original. She hated her. But she was her, at the same time.

Narrator's POV End

~~~~~