The Reason Why

Mirror Mirror

~Past~

Lee ~~~~~'s POV (The Original)

The loud music thumped and the lights flashed. We were out clubbing, again. It wasn't that I didn't like clubbing, but it was really tiring. I took out my phone and fiddled with my phone. 

I wanted to text Kai, or Jongin-sunbae, to see how he was doing. When we last saw each other, he had told me he had to go on some family vacation for a few weeks. He told me to be careful.

I sighed and put away my phone. It was getting really stuffy in here. I fanned myself with my clutch, but it was no use. I turned over and looked at Luhan. I tugged at his sleeve. He looked at me, with a raised eyebrow, "What's up?"

I leaned in to his ear and said, "I'm going out for some air."

He nodded, "I'll come with you."

I shook my head and smiled, "Don't, stay here. I'll be right back."

Luhan smiled and leaned in and kissed me on the lips, "Araso."

*****

The cold air hit me instantly, relieving me of the stuffy, hot feeling from inside the club. I breathed in the crisp air, but it was contaminated with the smell of smoke. 

I turned to the side to see a group smoking and laughing. I looked about before walking away to a more peaceful place. I rubbed my bare arms.  I was only wearing shorts and strapless shirt. Coming out here was cold, but better than being inside that oven.

Suddenly, a hand came out of nowhere and covered my mouth. That person wrapped their arm around my waist, and easily lifted me up, dragging me into an alley. I knew yelling for help was stupid as my mouth was already covered and it would just waste my breath. 

I pulled at the person's huge hands that covered my mouth and kicked my legs about, hitting that person's shins. That person chuckled. 

I froze as I remembered that chuckle. Kris.

He was Luhan's high school best friend. I had met him around the same I had met Luhan. They had been really close, until hell broke lose when Luhan found out Kris tried to make a move on me.

Long story.

"You're still as pretty as ever, if not, prettier." He murmured into my ear. His deep voice sent shivers down my spine. I could smell alcohol from his sticky breath. 

I manage to pull his hand away from my mouth, "Kris, what on earth are you doing here?! Let go of me!"

"Oh you remember me?" He chuckled. "I'm touched."

I felt his lips kiss my shoulder and slowly move up to my neck. I tried to scrambled out of his grasp, but he was too strong.

Just too strong.

Tears slipped down my eyes as I swung my legs about, pushed and pulled away from Kris and tried to slap him away.

I'm sorry, Luhan. I'm sorry, Kai. 

*****

As soon as the door of the doctor's room shut closed, my legs collapsed under me. 

I leaned against the wall, tears streaming down my face. I touched my face. I looked at my hands. I touched my hair. I looked at my arms, my legs. I looked at my reflection in the round mirror on the corner of the hospital hallway.

I... was contaminated. Dirty. 

HIV. AIDS. 

I couldn't... my life was ruined.

I felt my phone buzz. I took it out to see a message from Luhan.

From: Luhan oppa <3
Where are you? You're late! *pout* I'm freezing!!~~ Pali pali~ Come quickly to the cafe! I'll be waiting! xoxo

A sob came out from my mouth. Tears streamed down... Ottokae, ottokae...

*****

"Don't come any closer... Luhan... just... just forget about me. About us. I'm not worth it." I turned around and sped away, as tears continuously slid down my cheeks. 

I heard him call after him, but I ignored him. I picked up my speed and ran into the crowd to hide from him.

"I'm sorry, Luhan... dui bu qi... mianhae."

Lee ~~~~~'s POV End

*****

If you have no clue what just happened, refer to chapter 22.