Rainy Days

Mirror Mirror

Luhan's POV

I was walking around the familiar shopping district again. I was lost in my memories, and hoping to see Kim ~~~~~. Was there a connection between her and my Lee ~~~~~? Or was it just the universe playing tricks on me? Was it possible for two people to look exactly alike and have the same name?

I sighed and pulled my scarf up, to cover my face. It was chilly. I guess I should get going.

I got into my car and turned the heater on. I considered putting on music, but that would just distract me. I drove around the quiet streets. Normally, it'd be full of people, but I guess they decided not to come out, as it looked like it was going to rain... and it did. 

The rain started pouring, so I switched on the wipers. They swished back and forth at a steady pace. There were also hardly any cars around. I stopped at the red traffic light, giving me time to think. I had so much going on in my head... just too much. 

Even though it's been two years, I still can't get over ~~~~~. How did she get HIV, the ually transmitted disease? Memories played in my head.

~Flashback~

"Luhan, sorry, I can't. Not today. I'm not feeling well."

I sighed, "Are you okay? Have you seen the doctor?"

Through the other line, I heard ~~~~~ breath heavily. "I'm fine... it's just a flu, I'll be fine soon." 

"Okay then. I'll go home. Call me if anything happens, okay?''

"Okay." I heard her sniff, but thought nothing of it. "And Luhan, remember, I love you. Saranghaeyo. Wo ai ni."

I chuckled. "Wo ai ni, Lee ~~~~~. Get well soon. Next time I see you, I want to see you happy and high." I heard her giggle weakly, then hung up.

~Present Time~

That was two months before she died. She had been with the disease for a long time, according to the doctors. Half a year. What happened half a year before she died? It's a mystery. But, I remember her constantly disappearing, or going out, before and during the half year of her life.

The light turned green and I started driving again, but all of a sudden, a girl appeared out of nowhere.

I quickly braked before I could hit her, but she fell to the ground in surprise. I quickly ran out with my umbrella. "Are you alright?"

She looked up at me, wet with rain, tears evident on her beautiful face. It was ~~~~~. She shook her head. "No... I'm not... Kai... he's abandoned me."

*****

"So... how're you feeling?" I asked the wet girl, sitting in the passenger's seat. She had a towel wrapped around her shivering body.

She smiled sadly and nodded. "I'm fine now. Thanks Luhan-ssi."

"You remember my name?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She giggled and said, "Of course, you're the second person I've me-" She stopped abruptly, cleared then said, "You're the... err... second person who helped me... on that day." She nodded. "Yeh..."

I looked at her, confused and shrugged. "I see."

Luhan's POV End

*****

Your POV (The Clone)

I almost blew it, the fact he was the second person I met, who was nice to me, when I came out of the house for the first time. First was Suho. Luhan seemed to believe the lie I told him, either that, or he just didn't want to pry. 

"You shouldn't be out in the rain, ~~~~~, and by yourself. It's dangerous. And you shouldn't be running out of nowhere, onto the road, like that. I almost hit you." He chuckled, humorlessly.

I nodded and looked down. "Yeah... I know. Stupid of me, really."

He smiled and ruffled my almost-dried hair. "~~~~~-ah..."

Shocked, I pulled away from him. "Luhan-ssi... what are you doing?"

He looked away, "Mianhae... You... just remind me so much of my girlfriend."

"Really? Tell me about her."

He smiled, sadly. "She was amazing. She was beautiful and talented in all areas. She was so graceful, whenever she walked anywhere. Her smile could brighten anyone's day. When I looked at her, it's like a blind man seeing sun for the first time. Her voice is one of an angel's. She was so kindhearted as well. She'd always take time out of her busy life schedule, to go visit the sick in hospital, or the orphanage. She'd donate large sums of her money to charities... she even wanted to go to Africa... she never got the chance..."

I looked at his sad expression and asked, "Is she... not here anymore?"

He nodded and smiled at me, sadly. "She died." His eyes were sparkling, tears forming. He looked away, and bit his lip. "And when she did, she broke my heart, in so many ways."

I didn't ask anymore. I didn't want to remind Luhan of his sad past, and his dead lover.

Your POV End

*****