If Whispers Could Kill - Final

If Whispers Could Kill

Kris

"Hey Kris." Lu Han peeked over the top of the book he's had his face planted in for the past hour. "Hmm?" I've just been sitting here watching him flip through books and notes. "Let me read you something." I just nodded for him to continue.

"Forever is the definiton of eternity. Eternity means never ending. If you love someone forever, than that love should be eternal." I felt like I should read deeper into that or something. "Kris. Do you love me?" He asked and I nearly died on my own saliva. Why would he ask something like that? It's only been two months since we met, not saying that a part of me didn't truly like him.

I tried to look at anything but him because it was awkward now. It was only awkward because I didn't know how to express my feelings for him. "You don't have to answer that." His voice went back to being quiet and barely audiable. "Lu Han I don't know what to say." If I had to be honest I was scared to say I loved him. To confess that might make our friendship get weird.

"It's fine. I'll talk to you later." He got up so quickly and packed everything back into his bag in record time. I could see the pink flush across his ears and cheeks. "Lu han wait." But he was already walking away. Why is it that I must always run after this boy. "Aish." I sighed and followed after him. I've clearly upset the kid for some reason.

I saw him running downstairs and weaving through people. "Move." I demanded to the slow walking person in front of me. "Move!" I pushed him to the side and sprinted past him. "Lu Han stop for a minute!" I yelled and he looked back at me. He didn't look too good either, with his misty eyes and red face. I took a minute to catch my breath and crouch over in front of him. He just stayed silent just like old times.

"Lu Han I do love you." I blurted and he got redder. Maybe it was the small group lingering around us that made things get weird again, or maybe it was jsut my awkwardness. "Come." It took me a minute to register that he was walking away from me again.

-------------------

"Kris, please don't say it because you think I need it." Lu Han laid on his bed face first into the blanket. "I'm not saying it for you." In all honesty I don't even know why I decided to publicly announce my affection for him. "Why did you say it?" I sat behind him but he his side to face away from me.

"Because I do." "Kris, it took you too long to answer." So that was the problem, huh? "I thought you were going to snap at me for asking you such a question."

"Why would I snap at you for it? It was just a question." He began sniffling signaling that he had started crying again. "Why are you crying?" I tried to peek over his shoulder but he pulled the pillow over his face. Aigh, this boy is gonna be the death of me. "Lu Han." I shook him but he wouldn't respond. "Oh, please don't go mute on me again!" Or I might start crying.

"I love you Kris." He coughed to cover up that he spoke but I caught it anyways. I laid behind him debating whether to attmept to hold him or not. I've held him before while he was asleep but its different when he's awake, and we just confessed to eachother. A hand slipped around my arm and pulled it over his waist. The hold staying strong when my hand rested on the bed. 

"You embarassed me." He laughed and it was a nice sound to hear again. And we stayed in the silence because somehow words would just get in the way. If I listened intently enough I could swear I heard Lu Han breathing. If I focused hard enough I could also swear to hear his heart beating nearly as fast as my own. It was nice.

As time ticked by he seemed to fall deeper into the bed. He's been working too hard for the past week and a half, towards a good makr on the upcoming finals. I knew he needed it for the scholarship so I'd help him, even if I found school boring and pointless. Times like this I'm sort of glad he doesn't have a roommate. It might be odd if someone walked in right now.

He barely made a sound beside me but let out a yawn, in turn making me yawn. "You tired?" I asked and he just nodded slowly. "Go to sleep." "No, your here. It's rude." He always had a way of putting me before himself. "And I'll still be here." He moved my arm off of him and turned to face me. "Kris can I be honest?" And this time I just nodded.

"I'm scared to love you. Because of Baojio everything got messed up, and I'm scared I'll mess up. If I've done something to upset you, you'd tell me right?" I could hear the small catch in his voice. "I'd tell you. Lu Han please don't be scared of me. I'm not Baojio," He cuddled closer to my chest and wrapped an arm over my mid-section. 

And again with the silence. Whenever this happened I felt like I said or did something wrong. "Baojio had this thing where he had to have hands on me at all times." Why he felt the need to suddenly spill things to me was beyond me, but I let him continue. "If he wasn't holding my hand, he seemed to have panic attacks. I got tired of it one day." He took a breather.

"So I told him I wanted to break up. He didn't like it and said he would make sure I'd never leave." I didn't feel the need to point out the obvious sobs filling the room and I knew where this was going. "I've never hated someone so much in my life. The whole time he kept saying he loved me and forced me to say it back. That's why I was scared to talk about love with you."

The sobs slowly got louder and I could no longer ignore them. "Don't cry." I tried to wipe at his face but it seemed like it didn't even make a dent in the tears. "Y-you do lo-love me, right Kris?" "Of course I do. I wouldn't lie to you." And again we both tried to stop the tears but they weren't stopping. "Sa-say it a-again." He choked out, turned red I guess from embarassment, and hid his face in the pillow again.

"I-I love you." He was still crying because i could hear it, but at least he wasn't sobbing anymore. "Lu Han, I love you." It was getting easier to say. "I'm not Baojio, I'll never touch you. I love you." I pulled the pillow away and he was beet red. The cries have turned to laughter and laughter turned to smiles. "Why are you so embarassed?" I asked.

"I didn't actually think you'd say it that much." "You love me too right?" I asked and he just snuggled closer.

Lu Han

"I love you too." He just cuddled me closer. Two months isn't a big time span for most people. But two months was enough to get over my fear of touching, my fear of talking and my fear of being with a guy. "Lu Han, go to sleep. I'm tired." He mumbled and I could see it getting darker outside, through the window behind him. I didn't say anything.

I didn't say anything because I think he knew already, what needed to be said. I would have said goodnight or something like that. And he'd reciprocate with a simple nod or grunt. And the night would begin and the warmth of his masculine arms would envelope me along with the darkness. Everything would be peaceful for the night but it'd be alright.

It'd be alright for the silence to overtake me again because sometimes words get in the way. And then there's my fear of saying the wrong thing and scaring the only person who cares about me away. It's perfectly alright to want to never leave my room and jsut stay in bed for the rest of my life. Stay in the peace I had with Kris. Soemthing I never had with anyone else, Baojio included.

"Kris I love you." I whipser into his broad chest but he doesn't respond. His even breaths and still hands tell me he's already asleep and that I should be asleep too. But for right now I wana soak everything in and not have to dream about being with Kris. Because Kris is real, in my arms, and slightly snoring right next to me.


 

So that's the three-shot. It was only meant to be a one/two-shot. But look what its become. I'm thankful to all the subscribers and non-silent readers.

I just started liking Exo, and thought about this not really well shipped OTP.

I hope you enjoyed it. And read my other stories.

-Auhtor-