Chapter 7 - Disobedience

Forbidden Love

 

AJ stayed awake all night, unable to sleep, but he watched Kyung Mi sleep. She definitely intrigued him, her long beautiful black brown hair glistened in the moonlight. Who was she to rebel against the government so strongly? Why would she do that?

 

He walked over to her silently and moved her hair away from the back of her neck, he wanted to read her barcode. Ω10131993. She was so young, her life had just begun, 18 years of age.

 

She turned in her sleep, clutching the pillow she was holding tighter. She looked so peaceful, an overwhelming feeling of jealousy hit AJ. It wasn’t fair, how she could sleep so peacefully, how she could rest and recover while he stayed awake all day long. She could be so safe and secure, as long as she obeyed the rules while he had to worry about the stupid collar all the time.

 

But here she was, disobeying all the rules that gave her a good life. She didn’t make any sense, what he wouldn't give to trade places with her. Food, freedom, choice. She took it for granted. He moved back to his chair to sulk for a bit before waiting for just before dawn to wake her up.

 

“Wake up, Kyung Mi.” He nudged her softly when it was time for him to bring her back to her quarters.

 

She grumbled her complaint, but slowly eased herself awake. “Time to go back?” She asked, remembering she wasn’t at quarters. She looked for the blonde wig and eased it back onto her head.

 

“So that’s how you get away with the long hair.” AJ mused softly.

 

“Of course, the rule of short hair should be followed or else I’ll end up at Punishment.” Kyung Mi said obviously.

 

“Punishment?” AJ asked. He had never heard of that before. The people were punished?

 

“Yeah, it’s this place where they tie you to a chair and make you watch a video of how great the government is. Though, I have heard if you look good, the Punishers make you do something extra.” Kyung Mi explained as she secured the wig onto her head. She climbed out of the bed and stretched, forgetting about the male in the room.

 

AJ stared as her shirt rose up and revealed a tiny bit of white skin just above her waist line.

She was tempting, but he wouldn't do that to her. She interested him far too much. He couldn't bear to scare her away, not without knowing about her.

 

“Ready to go?” He asked her, holding out his hand. He would need to be careful of the Night Patrol and make it back in time to his own quarters.

 

Kyung Mi nodded and took his hand, trying to ignore the jolt of electricity that went through their bodies. AJ picked her up easily, holding her as close as possible, making sure her vision was blocked by his chest.

 

He would have to run quickly and he didn’t need her getting motion sickness. He jumped down the building, landing on his two feet easily before he took off at breathtaking speed. He knew where the Omega quarters were, Eli sometimes asked for his company so Eli could see his Omega. The cameras would never catch him, he knew where they all are, having learned from his night adventures.

 

He just had to hope the Night Patrol wouldn't care too much about the Omegas to guard their quarters. “Where’s your room?” He asked while running.

 

“Second floor, third window.” Kyung Mi answered easily, not even jostled in his steady arms.

 

AJ reached the ground floor of the building, scanned the area quickly then jumped to the window, landing deftly on the balls of his feet. He released his arms from around Kyung Mi and let her climb into the window quietly.

 

“Next time, don’t stay out so late. Not everyone is so kind.” AJ warned before leaving quickly, it was 5 minutes until 6, and he needed to hurry. He jumped back down and went into the shadows to escape the last of the Night Patrol.

 

Kyung Mi watched from the window before she slipped into bed to pretend she was there all along.

 

AJ ran for it, as fast as he could. 5:59AM. So close to quarters. He only had to make it through the door.

 

He tumbled through and ended up crashing into Eli. He checked the clock 6:02AM and then he started to feel it. The collar was slowly attaching itself to draw out his energy. He figured that his foot must have still been outside when it turned to 6:01AM. 

 

Eli noticed that AJ’s collar was stealing his energy away, and helped the other up to lead him to his room. AJ would need to find a place to relax while he waited to hunt that night.

 

AJ felt Eli helping him but he couldn't find the strength to thank him. Disobedience was a problem, he would have to be careful next time, either don’t help Kyung Mi again, or wake her up earlier. The strength diminished from his body as the collar took it away.

 

Tonight, he hoped that Kyung Mi wouldn't be out. Because he wouldn't be able to control himself.

 

Author's Note:

Finally:) Update:)

I hope you like this~

And everything makes sense~

Time to write some more.

P.S. I'll be taking a hiatus starting Thursday until 5/11.

For finals, please be patient for me:)