Chapter 13 - Best Friends

Forbidden Love

 

Recap

Her secret would be revealed, then... Junsu knew that she liked to break the rules.

How would he know? Kyung Mi sat in her seat robotically and Ren looked at her concerned.

“Best friend, are you okay?” He asked her.

Her body was numb, how could a Gamma know. They would never consider a change in their social rank so he wouldn't have gone to a meeting. So how would he know.

“Ren. We have a problem.”

---

“What is the problem?” He asked her lowly.

Kyung Mi turned to him, instantly he knew that it had something to do with the rebellion, the scared look in her eyes was a dead giveaway.

“Who knows?” He whispered.

Kyung Mi leaned up to his ear, “Junsu knows. He knows that I like to break the rules, he knows something.” She told him.

Ren instinctively had the same reaction she did, how high up the ranks did this go? Did Junsu tell anyone? Was he the snitch? The same questions ran through their minds as they shared a look.

“Exactly.” Kyung Mi breathed out as they finished their mental conversation with each other.

“What are you going to do?” Ren asked her.

“The only thing I can do is talk to him and see what he knows.” She sighed, “I already got into trouble from an attendant today because he looked like he was about to kiss me.”

“WHAT.” Ren said angrily, he couldn't shout due to being in school but his anger was conveyed quite thoroughly.

“Yeah. Just now he moved my hair away from my face and leaned in really close. The attendant caught us before he could do anything. So if I want to talk to him, then I guess it will have to be during free time or something.” Kyung Mi answered the unspoken question.

“Do you need one of us to go with you? I’m sure Yong Guk hyung would volunteer.” Ren said harshly, how dare someone take advantage of his best friend like that.

He wasn’t sure who to root for, since he knew all the crushes but he didn’t think any of them could protect her properly. Still, Junsu was a high candidate on his list but not anymore.

“It’s fine, Ren. I can handle myself. I just need time to figure how to handle it.” Kyung Mi told him.

“Well, let me know, okay?” He asked her waiting for a nod, “Good. Now, Jihyun wants me to ask you where you have been going out at night. And why all of a sudden, you are talking to Tia.”

“Jihyun should ask me herself.” Kyung Mi snapped.

Yong Guk looked over before giving a warning look, especially being the lowest of society, gave them more reason to be sent to Punishment every little thing.

“I know that.” Ren whispered. “But she says you won’t answer her.”

“I have my reasons for that.” She replied, also in a whisper.

“You know that we have been friends since we were babies, Kyung Mi. You can tell me or her or Yong Guk hyung, whatever is on your mind.” Ren persuaded softly, unfortunately, for him it didn’t work.

“I don’t need anyone to get involved. The only reason why Tia is involved is because she approached me and told me. That’s it.” Kyung Mi said firmly, effectively ending the conversation.

The bell rang and the clock signaled lunch and they waited for their turn to get scraps once again.

Jihyun found her to be behind Kyung Mi so she could pounce and bombard the girl with questions as soon as she could.

“For you, Omega.” The cafeteria lady gave it to her and this time it was a bowl of bibimbap.

“Thank you.” Kyung Mi said as her and the others sat down at their table. At least this time the scraps had pieces of meat and actual rice.

As she gazed, she noticed that no one else had bibimbap either.

“How did I get this?” She asked aloud.

“No one else has it?” Ilhoon asked with his mouth half full.

“Not at all. In fact, Alpha Yesung and Gamma Junsu look surprised that I received this.” Kyung Mi looked around some more.

“Maybe, someone else is looking out for you now.” Jihyun shrugged, passive to get Kyung Mi talking.

She opened the bowl of food for herself and smiled softly, it had been a long time since she got to eat bibimbap.

But no one else would know that... Except.. The Theta.

“He gave me this lunch?” She mumbled, taking the first bite after mixing.

“Who did?” Jihyun nudged her, girls were still girls and gossip was still gossip.

The juicier the better.

“Nothing, Jihyun. Just thinking aloud.” Kyung Mi dismissed her with a wave and continued to eat her lunch.

No matter what happened, it was really good and she was glad that she could know what it tasted like.

“So, I was thinking about your relationship with Gamma Junsu...” Jihyun started with all her conspiracy theories and how Junsu would even like her in the first place.

Kyung Mi tuned out most of it, staying in touch for the important parts. Too much was on her mind right now, she definitely needed to relax.

But society didn’t allow rest for Omegas and Kappas. She would have to figure out rest time on her own.

She finished the bowl quickly, before lifting it up and finding a marking in blood on the bottom.

Now, she definitely knew who gave her the lunch. And it definitely wasn’t the Gamma or the Alpha, that was for sure.

 

Author's Note:
Long time no update :) hehe :3
Well I am here now :) woot! :)
This story is also on my list to spam.. XD
Anyway, ENJOY ^^V