You better believe him

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate
"You sure?"
 
Jooyeon nodded enthusiastically. Her heart was racing nervously as she faced her heavily developed crush, her cheeks tinted pink. "Yes!" she chirped.
 
Himchan raised a brow at her. His tie was pulled lose in this bad boy fashion, his hair in a y mess and a smirk that showed that he had absolutely not a bother about anything else in the world besides himself.
 
Jooyeon had slipped off to the garden in the school again when it was around the time that Himchan normally ditched school. He had this habit of ditching the second period after break, and Jooyeon made sure she was sure to catch him before he went off.
 
Himchan chuckled and leaned against the tree, crossing his arms. "You do know that I don't give a about studying." he commented.
 
Jooyeon's eyes widened. "How can you say that Himchan sshi?" she exclaimed in shock. "I'm sure if you ace a test, you'll feel good about it! And if you study well now you'll be able to get a good job in the future and-"
 
"Arraso arraso." Himchan shook his head in amusement. "I've never seen a girl like you that likes to help people copy their notes so much." he muttered as he dug his bag. He produced a crumpled piece of paper that was apparently his Chemistry notes and handed it over to Jooyeon.
 
"Do what you like with it." he shrugged. "I won't mind if you set it on fire or throw it away." he said honestly.
 
"I'll copy your notes well!" Jooyeon exclaimed with a smile.
 
Himchan shook his head and climbed on the tree again. Without a backward glance, he hopped off the wall and out into freedom. *Strange girl.* he thought, as he went.
 
Jooyeon hugged his notes like it was the most precious thing on earth and sighed in content. Even if Himchan just read a single line of what she wrote, she still felt good because she did something that was of use to him. She skipped back to class with a smile lighting her face. *Himchan ah, I'll make you fall for me bit by bit.*
 
 
 
 
 
"What? Again?" Taemin exclaimed in displeasure.
 
Jooyeon ignored him and continued with her careful jotting down of notes and even added advices on how to study some parts of the topic. Taemin massaged his temples in annoyanced and let out a sigh. "Oh Jooyeon, why are you doing this again?" Taemin asked, a little irritated.
 
Jooyeon shot an annoyed glance at Taemin. "Of course I have to do this! If not, who'll copy the notes for Himchan sshi? Hm?" she retorted.
 
Taemin rolled his eyes and puffed his cheeks, resting his chin on his hands and looking at her boredly. "How about...himself?" he asked innocently.
 
Jooyeon made a face. "Himchan has more important things to do than this. He can read my notes later." she smiled as she added a heart behind the paragraph. Taemin shook his head. "Jooyeon...even though you're my soulmate, but I have to say this. He. Won't. Read. It."
 
Jooyeon frowned at him. "He will." she insisted. She made a face at him. "And what did I say about calling me that again?"
 
Taemin blinked cutely. "What?"
 
"You know..." Jooyeon hissed irritably. "That."
 
"What?" Taemin asked innocently. "You mean Soulmate?"
 
"Yes that!" Jooyeon growled. "I thought I told you to stop calling me that!" she huffed. "What if Himchan hears and misunderstands? We're not together okay!" she firmly nodded.
 
Taemin made a face and rested his head on the table to gaze at her. "You're my Soulmate whether you like it or not." he insisted stubbornly. "And there's nothing to misunderstand, even if you're not mine now, you'll be mine in the future."
 
Jooyeon shot him a glare. "That's not the way to win a girl's heart, did you know?" she whispered fiercely while looking around so that no one saw their interaction. "And if you dare say it one more time I'll...I'll..." she hesitated, her mind blanking out, not coming up with a comeback.
 
Taemin smirked and leaned over to her suddenly such that their lips were only centimetres apart. "What? Kiss me?" he asked with a smile, his breath tickling her lips. Jooyeon gulped. "Yah Lee Taemin..."
 
Taemin chuckled sofly and leaned back to his seat. "You're cute, my soulmate." he poked her cheeks.
 
Jooyeon blushed deeply, not used to this sort of attention. "Yah Lee Taemin!!" she gasped, louder.
 
"I know you two are soulmates, but can't you keep the loving bicker till after class?" Key whispered teasingly. Jooyeon's head snapped around and her eyes widened when she realised that the rest of the SHINee had heard every single word they were talking about from the beginning.
 
Onew clicked his tongue, chuckling. "You shouldn't be having a lover's quarrel in class you know." he wagged his finger at them.
 
Jooyeon's head snapped towards Taemin accusingly. "Lee Taemin!" she hissed. "You even told your members the nonsense about us being soulmates?" she asked in disbelief.
 
Taemin grinned cutely. "Honestly is the best policy." he shrugged like it was no big deal. "At least they won't be surprised if I suddenly invite them to our wedding."
 
"Wow, it's going to be a shotgun wedding?" Jonghyun asked, interested, leaning from his seat.
 
Taemin shrugged. "I don't know yet, haven't seen that part." he answered.
 
By this time, Jooyeon's eyes were large and completely opened, for flies' easy access. Minho laughed at her comical look. "Maknae, I think your soulmate's not taking this well." he guffawed.
 
Taemin peered at Jooyeon and waved his hands in front of her. "Soulmate? You okay?"
 
At that instant, Jooyeon snapped. "YAH LEE TAEMIN!!" she stood up and shouted. "What nonsense are you sprouting to everyone? How many times have I told you that-"
 
"Jooyeon I don't think this is the time to-" Key started.
 
"You shut it." Jooyeon demanded. She looked at Taemin again, agitated. "Now look here Lee Taemin, I don't know how you came up with such a ridiculous idea, but-"
 
"You and Himchan aren't meant to be, Jooyeon." Taemin looked at her without even flinching. "Stop this before it's too late."
 
"YAH LEE TAEMIN!" Jooyeon hollered, unable to take it any longer.
 
"OH JOOYEON!"
 
Jooyeon jumped. She looked around and realised the whole class was looking at her scream and shout like a lunatic. Sunmi was gesturing to her wildly as if asking if she was alright. *Oh god. I look like I lost my mind.* Jooyeon paled.
 
"Oh Jooyeon if you and Lee Taemin haksaeng have any problems, you two can settle it after class." the teacher hissed. "Don't settle it in my lesson!" he demanded.
 
Jooyeon bowed and sat back down, her cheeks burning in embarrassment. She bit her lips and glared at Taemin. *Aish.*
 
 
 
 
 
BANG!
 
Kai jumped as Jooyeon slammed her locker shut. She leaned against the locker and huffed angrily, her cheeks still flaming red. Kai looked at her, curious and concerned. "Is everything alright noona?" he asked softly. "You look....mad."
 
"Well I am mad." Jooyeon stated as a matter of a factly. She crossed her arms and sighed. "That guy is driving me mad."
 
"What guy?" Kai asked, raising his brows.
 
Jooyeon huffed. "Just this irritating guy that I think needs to be sent to the mental hospital." she muttered. Kai frowned. Jooyeon didn't seem to be the type of person that would get easily angry. She was easy going and seemed to like everyone. But for her to be agitated to this extent...
 
*That guy is sure something.* Kai thought.
 
Jooyeon searched her bag and found out the notes she had copied for Himchan. "Look, aren't these great?" she asked Kai. "I copied them for Himchan. BUt that stupid guy told me that me and Himchan weren't meant to be! How would he know that huh? It's not like he can read the future or anything! How can he just brush my first crush away like it's nothing?" she demanded.
 
Kai stiffened. *Reading the future? That sounds like...my hyung.*
 
"Wait, what class are you in again noona?" Kai asked in a deep voice.
 
"43." Jooyeon murmured. "And you know what? He invented stories of every kind and keep annoying  me everyday..." Jooyeon kept blabbering but Kai had already tuned out. He read her thoughts and his eyes widened.
 
That person she was complaining about was indeed Taemin. His hyung.
 
"Noona."
 
Jooyeon faltered, getting interrupted from her babble session. "Oh?"
 
"Noona...if it was someone else who said this to you, I'd say he's sprouting nonsense." Kai muttered. "But...this is Himchan we're talking about. I think...it's better that you keep an open mind about this. It's better to believe him."
 
Jooyeon pouted. "You think so too?"
 
Kai panicked at her fallen expression. "Uhm. But what he said may..." he swallowed. "be wrong as well..." he muttered in hope to see her smile again. Even though he knew that what his hyung saw in the future must be correct.
 
If he said Jooyeon and Himchan weren't meant to be, they weren't.
 
But he couldn't bear seeing her down like this and he hoped a little false hope wouldn't hurt. Jooyeon brightened and smiled at him. "Yeah! I think Himchan and I make the beeeeesst couple!" she cheered.