Sixth Sense

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"Even though she's going to fall for you in the end, you must do something to make sure it happens." Key had said.

"I have few tricks up my sleeve about women, Maknae," Jonghyun had whispered to him. "First thing to impress a girl is to fetch her to and fro from her house. It always works I tell you, the surprised look on their faces when I turn up at their houses."

When he asked the Dubu leader if he thought the idea would work, Onew had nodded. "Sounds feasible, even if it came from the Dino."

Even Minho had agreed. "You must do something and not just wait for her to fall for you, especially when you want her to do that faster so that she doesn't get heartbroken by Kim Himchan. Catalyst, you need a catalyst."

And that was how Taemin found himself standing in front of Jooyeon's house in the first morning of the following week, with a carton of banana milk in his hands to calm his nerves.

He hadn't done anything of the likes before, and he wasn't exactly sure what he was supposed to do. But he felt some sort of assurance inside, thinking that it couldn't be too bad.

After all, he was Lee Taemin wasn't he?

Who in their right mind wouldn't like seeing him waiting for them outside their house first thing on a Monday morning?

He waited outside, wondering when the two of them would turn up, until he heard a loud voice calling from inside.

"AISH NOONA! You're so slow! I'm going off first!"

Taemin's head snapped towards the entrance of Jooyeon's house and he spotted a guy running out of there, his bangs sweeping across his face in a model like manner. The guy looked surprised to see Taemin waiting outside the house, but immediately shook his head.

"Aish what are you thinking? Definitely not for noona." the guy muttered and ran off.

Taemin looked at him in interest. *That must be my future brother-in-law, Oh Sehun.* he thought.

He glanced at his watch. "Late as I expected. I wonder how she turns up at school on time everyday." he muttered thoughtfully and throwing his carton of banana milk after relishing the last drop.

After a few moments, Jooyeon finally ran out of the door with her hair in an extreme mess and even biting a sandwich in as she searched her bag for a bus pass.

She didn't even notice Taemin until he grabbed her hand and pulled her back, colliding her back on his chest. Jooyeon whirled round, annoyed, only to have drop open in shock.

"Lee Taemin!" she gasped in surprised.

Taemin smiled his awesome sunny smile once again. "Annyeong my soulmate." he grinned happily.

Jooyeon flinched at the endearment and shrugged his grip off her, crossing her arms and making the fiercest face she could conjure. "Stop calling me that. And what are you doing here?" she demanded.

Taemin beamed. "Fetching you to school." he grinned.

Jooyeon gaped at him astonished. It was then that she finally saw the Bentley parked behind him as he jingled the keys in his hands. How is it fair that such a cute guy who had all the looks had to have to cars as well??

"What?" she shrilled. "Wha-- I didn't... This is..." she gaped, not able to form complete sentences.

Why was he here to fetch her anyway? This soulmate thing wasn't a joke?

She collected her nerves and made a stern and firm expression. "Well mister Lee Taemin, I am an independent woman and I will only have to refuse your good intentions. Because I can make my way to school with no efforts."

Taemin raised a brow at her. "I don doubt that Yeonnie, but I'd like to add that you'll be terribly late if you choose the public transport instead."

Jooyeon hesitated and considered this. She was indeed late and she was an A student, she wasn't used to this sort of...flaws in her academic report.

She bit her lip, not even bothering to nag about the new endearment, when Taemin just pulled her towards his car and pushed her into the front seat, closing the door behind her. Jooyeon's eyes widened but Taemin already got himself into the driver's seat and started the engine.

Taemin grinned at her from the side, and pulled a pink umbrella out of nowhere, handing it to her. "It'll rain today. Take it Jooyeon."

Jooyeon crossed her arms. "No I won't." she huffed. "You kidnapped me without my consent and I won't accept anything from you." she made a face.

She turned to the window and faced outside in a cute manner, biting her lips and trying to stay angry at Taemin. Taemin raised a brow. *She's really angry?*

He chuckled knowingly. *It won't last.*

True to that, exactly two minutes later, Jooyeon slowly peeked at him. "Uhm..." she muttered. "I...I'll forgive you this once since I was late and needed a lift anyway." she looked at him warningly. "But I won't forgive you of you do this again!" she warned.

Taemin chuckled and nodded cutely. "Arraso Yeon. I'll only turn up when you're going to be late."

When Jooyeon made a how-would-you-know-I'd-be-late face, Taemin grinned at her confidently. "I'll know, you're my soulmate, remember?"

Jooyeon rolled her eyes. "Just drive."

 

 

Throughout the day, Jooyeon became more and more convinced that Taemin had some sort of extra sensitive and accurate sixth sense.

He saw her rushing through the tutorials and just plopped himself leisurely beside her in that cute annoying manner of his.

"Mr Jung won't ask for it today. Trust me." he grinned. "He'll get distracted by something and forget about homework."

Jooyeon didn't believe him, but when Mr Jung came into the class and the class made headway of around 5 minutes, he started talking about his life stories and till the bell signaled the end of his lesson. The homework remained completely forgotten.

Another time, Jooyeon wanted to queue up at one of the stalls for a roll of kimbap when Taemin stopped her, offering his own bento and telling her that the kimbap had ran out.

She looked at him, not believing at all. Taemin had entered the cafeteria at the same time she did, he couldn't have known that kimbap was running out beforehand.

Not wanting to believe him again, she queued up stubbornly for a full fifteen minutes till she finally reached the front, only to find that the kimbap really ran out. Taemin had just chuckled at her amused and offered her his bento again, running away after he shoved it into his hands.

And another time, he held onto her tightly while they were walking in the hallways suddenly, stopping her from walking.

Before she could ask what he was doing, a waterbomb was thrown in front of her and hit the wall at the side of her head, splashing onto the concrete. Jooyeon's eyes widened and her head snapped towards the guys at the side who hollered and jeered.

The bomb would have hit her head if she had just continued with her walk for another second.

*Coincidence.* Jooyeon called it in her head. It was pure coincidence.

How could Taemin have known those things were going to happen? Unless he engaged the help from these people in the first place.

Now looking at the thunderstorm for herself while she was stranded in a shelter, she bit her lip and sighed. *It seems Taemin's prediction was true. It must be some sort of sixth sense. But I wish I believed it today morning and didn't reject his umbrella!*

She pouted and reached over to her bag, wanting to use her jacket as a shield, when she saw the pink umbrella from that day's morning in her bag.

Taemin must have slipped it into her bag when she wasn't looking.

A smile came into her face. *Thank you, Taemin.*