Never let you go

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"Have you heard? The SHINee and EXO-K oppas are all sent to the hospital after the kidnapping incident! Poor Sehun oppa... Taemin oppa was so brave and Kai oppa was so smart!"

Everyone was talking about how these eleven y hot guys were involved in such a movie like incident and even the news had reported of it. The boys were all sent to the hospital afterwards because all of them had suffered some sort of injury, whether it was minor abrasions or more severe ones like Taemin and Jooyeon who suffered third degree burns on some parts of their bodies because of the explosion.

The explosion was one lucky strike, apparently.

After investigation, the machine would only blow up if the grenade landed on the engine compartment. If it landed anywhere else, it would just  bomb that small area and not cause an explosion as big as this.

Taemin had one good aim this time.

The men that the Choi's had hired were badly injured of course, because they were still in the warehouse when the explosion happened. Jooyeon felt quite sorry for them even though they had been very rough towards her and the others, but they were after men that had been hired. They didn't do it out of their own will.

On the other hand, Dave Choi was battling his life in the emergency ward. The impact of the explosion had rendered him brain dead, since he was standing the closest to the darn machine and suffered the greatest impact. He was a living vegetable right now and the doctors were discussing whether or not to stop the oxygen supply for him so that he could just die instead of prolonging his tortured life.

Dansen Choi, however, was very much living. He was luckier than his father in the sense that he could still think and talk, but one of the debris that had caught fire dropped and landed on his legs. He remembered howling in so much pain and crying wildly as the entire area engulfed in flames. He was soon rendered paralysed from waist down, which effectively marks the end of his playboy life.

The SHINee and EXO-K members were being treated in the hospital, with bandages on their heads and hands and some of them whining when they had to take their medicine. They were surely one of the most difficult bunch of patients the hospital had ever seen.

Not that the nurses minded of course. They actually hoped that these handsome patients would stay for a longer period of time.

Sunmi and Minhee went everyday with fruit baskets and tonics from the other fangirls in school that aren't allowed to visit the boys since Sunmi and Minhee were the only girls the boys permitted entrance.

Sunmi always rushed over to Sehun and fussed over him like a mother would over her son, except the look in her eyes told you that the feelings she felt for Sehun was definitely nothing near motherly love.

"Sunmi noona you finally came!" Sehun pouted. "I've been bored to death here without you! I should have called the principal to let you off school and accompany me all the time." he grumbled.

"Sehun, you know that's not possible." Sunmi rolled her eyes, chuckling as she set two fruit baskets down. Sehun wrinkled his nose and tugged on her hand, pulling her towards him and making space for her on the bed so that they could cuddle.

"I missed you, noona." Sehun admitted. "I missed you every single second from the moment you walk out of here."

Sunmi pinked as she leaned against Sehun's chest. "I missed you too." she whispered, drawing circles on Sehun's chest.

Sehun beamed. "But I miss you more."

Sunmi raised her brows. "You sure? Cause I'm pretty confident I miss you a whole lot more than you can imagine."

Sehun sat up right and wrinkled his nose. "Is this a challenge my beautiful noona?" he teased. "Now, I can tell you that I miss you a whole lot--"

Baekhyun groaned and buried his face under the pillow and plugged his earphones into his ear. "Why???" he grumbled. "Why must this happen again every single day?" he complained. "Why must I be the one sharing the hospital room with Sehun? Man! If I knew it'd be like this I might as well share it with the chocopie fanatic D.O.!"

 

 

On the other hand in the other room, Minhee approached Kai's bed with the constant blush she had around him. Kai immediately brightened when he saw her coming and smiled his rare smile. "You're here." he commented.

Minhee nodded, reddening. "I made soup for you today, Kai." she put the container on the table and took out a bowl. "It's chicken ginseng soup." she told him. "I couldn't really find good ginseng out there that my budget can afford, and I had to make do with this, though I'm not exactly sure if it's up to standard or not, but I hope it'll be of use to you. And I'm not exactly sure about the taste of the soup as well, I didn't get to try it and I-"

"Minhee." Kai prodded gently. "You're babbling again."

Minhee pinked. "I'm sorry." she bit her lip as she presented him with the bowl of soup.

Kai smiled at her in amusement. "Don't be." he told her. "It's kind of...cute." he whispered. Minhee blinked for a few times and looked at Kai. He directed his gaze elsewhere and focused on drinking the soup, like it was the most delicious thing he had ever tasted, though it wasn't far from the truth.

Minhee bit back a smile and settled down on a chair. She flipped through a magazine casually while waiting for Kai to finish the soup so that she could wash the bowl.

Kai looked at her. "Have those boys been bothering you anymore?" he asked.

Minhee looked up. "Hmm?" she responded. "Oh you mean those guys in my class that tease me for being an orphan?" she asked. She smiled and shook her head. "Not really. They're more preoccupied with the news of you guys being in hospital these days. You're their idol now you know."

Kai rolled his eyes. "Those brainless brats." he muttered.

He gave her a stern look. "If they tease or bully you again, tell me, okay?" he instructed. "I'll bash their face up." he said blantly.

"Kai!" Minhee gasped, horrified. "You can't do that!" she played with her fingers. "Now I'm sure I'm not going to tell you if anything happens."

Kai sighed and put down the bowl after relishing every drop of the soup. "Then fine." he said. "You don't need to tell me, unless they continue bothering you after you tell them this."

Minhee looked at him curiously. "Tell them what?" she echoed.

Kai bit his lips and blood rushed to his face, giving him a rare blush that didn't grace his cheeks that frequently. "That you're Kai's girlfriend, of course."

Minhee blinked at him for a few times before the statement set in. "Y-you mean..."

Kai looked at her. "What? Are you going to say no?"

"No!" Minhee shrieked.

Kai raised his brows. "No?"

"Yes!" Minhee nodded. Then shook her head. "I mean no, yes. I mean...ugh. Yes I'll be your girlfriend Kai!" she exclaimed.

The door burst opened and the Shinee and Exo-K boys filed into the room excitedly, throwing confetti. "Congratulations!!!" Chanyeol cheered.

Minhee pinked while Kai glared at them. "What the hell do you think you guys are doing disrupting my confession?" he snapped.

"Aww come on Kai." Onew pouted as he sat down and began eating an apple from Kai's fruit basket. "The hospital life is boring. Now that you've got something interesting happening you can't keep us away from it!"

"Yeah.." Minho nodded. He stretched his long body. "Man I feel stiff from having missed out my daily 5km jog every morning and night."

The door suddenly opened again and Baekhyun limped in with his injured right leg in a cast. He plopped himself on a chair and heaved a sigh of relief.

"So what's the new gossip guys?" he asked, interested.

Suho blinked at him pointedly. "You're interested?" he asked in surprise. "You're the last person that would bother in gossip and love, I imagine. "

Baekhyun waved the concerns off. "Now I'm interested in anything that can get me out of that damned room with the freaking disgusting couple that keeps..." he shuddered. "I can't say it."

Key laughed at his misery. "Well if it really interests you, we have another new couple right here." he pointed at Kai and Minhee.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. He swiftly reached for his crutch and stood up, limping away as quickly as he could.

"Have mercy on me." he muttered before leaving.

 

 

A soft knock on the door made Jooyeon look up from her book. "Come in."

Taemin peeked in from the door with a beam. "Hi Yeon."

Jooyeon straightened up and put her book down, a bright smile lighting her features. "Taemin oppa."

Taemin hobbled over to her and set his crutch against the wall. Jooyeon moved over to give him space on the bed and Taemin plopped himself beside her.

"You shouldn't be moving around when your leg is like this, Taemin oppa." Jooyeon half scolded.

Taemin gave her a look. "Can't I want to see you, Yeon?" he asked. "Why must the female and male wards be separated?" he questioned. "Why can't we share a room?"

Jooyeon giggled. He seriously sounded like a kid right there.

"Arraso arraso." Jooyeon nodded. "But next time maybe you should take the wheelchair. I don't want you to put too much strain on your leg."

Taemin smiled at her and put an arm round her shoulder, pulling her towards him. "You sound like my wife already."

Jooyeon rolled her eyes and poked his chest. "You very nearly didn't live to have a wife because you chose to succumb to fate, oppa."

Taemin bit his lip and her hair. "I know I'm wrong now. You don't need to make me guilty every time I come." he sulked.

"Well you deserve it." Jooyeon pouted. "That would make sure that you wouldn't do anything like that ever again."

Taemin nodded and rested his chin on her head, winding his arms tighter around her.

"I won't let you go whatever happens now, Yeon. I promise."