Safe At Last

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"It's time for more fun."

Sehun immediately let out a defensive growl. "Don't you dare touch my noona." he snarled.

Dave Choi smirked and shook his head. "Little boy, you've got understand that sometimes things aren't as you wish." he turned to Dansen Choi. "Get Lee Taemin down here. He must see this."

Taemin was soon brought out of the compartment of pain and dumped on the floor like a pile of potatoes. Jooyeon shrieked lousy and protested at his rough treatment.

"Taemin oppa! Taemin oppa are you okay?" Jooyeon asked worriedly.

Taemin nodded weakly, not even able to sit up. "Tired. Dead dead tired." he breathed softy.

Jooyeon glared at Dave Choi angrily, her guts multiplying after seeing her beloved in such a state. Anger powered rashness and that was true at that point.

"Give him back his powers!" Jooyeon demanded.

Dansen Choi laughed. "Give him back? After all the trouble we took to get it?" he retorted. "Do you think we are stupid, little girl?" he smirked.

Dave Choi went over to Jooyeon and grabbed a fistful of her hair, pulling her up to stand.

"Hey! She's a girl!" Sehun hissed.

Dave Choi ignored Sehun and pushed Jooyeon towards Dansen Choi. "She's yours to play with. Do whatever you want. Torture, , slap, kick. As long as Lee Taemin cringes back in fear and begs us to take his power instead."

"You're sick!" Sehun spat.

Taemin's eyes widened at Dave Choi's words and he instantly got alert. All those energy that left him seemed to return when he heard of what would happen to Jooyeon.

He opened his mouth to offer his powers when Jooyeon cut him off. "DON'T YOU DARE TAEMIN OPPA!" she shrieked.

"Don't you dare offer yourself up!" she shrieked. "I won't allow it!"

She faced Dansen choi. "Do whatever you want. Don't take anything more from Taemin oppa. Anymore and he might die!"

Dansen rolled his eyes. "Dramatic girls." he huffed. "My pleasure. I'll make sure you regret what you said."

He sauntered over to Jooyeon in an intimidating manner and smirked. In a swift motion, he ed the first three buttons of Jooyeon's shirt. Jooyeon gasped as the cold air attacked her chest and she rolled over onto her front to cover herself up since her hands were already tied up.

Dansen Choi grinned. "First thing little one, is for you to get ." he said as he ticked off an imaginary list. "Oppa will teach you things that Lee Taemin will never bring to you."

He approached Jooyeon and tried to get her to face him on her front again so he could get her top off. However Jooyeon unexpectedly used her legs and kicked Dansen in his crotch in a swift ninja style manner.

Dansen howled in pain and glared at his men that were stifling their laughter. He growled angrily and cringed when he are his father shaking his head at him in a disapproving manner. He wasn't going to get beaten by a mere girl.

He unbuckled his belt and Jooyeon immediately closed her eyes in fear. "No. Not that anymore little one." Dansen smirked. "I lost interest. It's time for torture."

He whipped his belt out and struck it at Jooyeon. It hit her at her waist and she shrieked in the sudden pain. "You're the spawn of the devil!" Jooyeon hissed, cringing in pain.

Dansen smirked. "Why thank you." he grinned. He flung the belt and it hit Jooyeon at her legs this time, creating a strip of reddened swollen flesh.

Taemin shook his head, his eyes full of pain. "Stop it!" he shouted. "Take my powers! Take it all!"

Dansen raised his brows. "Oh really." he commented in a bored tone. "Interesting, but at this point whipping your girl and seeing the look on your face in far more enjoyable."

Taemin opened his mouth to protest when another voice rang out. "STOP IT!"

The doors to the warehouse burst opened and the Shinee and Exo-k members rushed into the scene. Jooyeon's eyes lit up as hope filled her once again.

Kai ran into the scene together with the gang and snarled at Dave Choi. "Let hyung, noona and Sehun go." he demanded.

Dave Choi yawned in a bored manner. "Guys. Get them."

In a flash, the men under the chois, around twenty of them surrounded the flower boys and attacked.

Minho performed his power kicks one after another and knocked down three of them in a single turn. Suho and Chanyeol teamed up back to back, fighting the ring of attackers that surrounded them in a circle.

Key and Jonghyun used those boxes in the warehouse and hurled them towards the men one by one, knocking some off their feet.

D. O. did a double flip in the air and kicked two of the men in their faces.

However, their victorious streak didn't last too long. After all, they were eleven while the Chois had twenty.

Soon, the members were tied up one by one and dumped at the corner of the warehouse. They shouted curses and all but it was of no use. They were defeated.

Dave Choi and his son hadn't moved a single muscle when the whole thing happened and were sill standing there in a relaxing manner, enjoying the show.

"So...that was easy." Dave Choi smirked. "Did you fools really think you could beat us? How retarded."

His eyes landed on Kai. "Now here's another Lee." he grinned. "This is getting better and better."

He turned to Dansen. "Bring him into the machine. I want his powers too."

Taemin's eyes widened as he watched Dansen pull Kai roughly, shoving him into the compartment and putting on the helmet as he had done moments ago. The pain and agony was still fresh in his mind.

"Ready?" Dave Choi smirked. "No!" Taemin protested. "Let him go! Take mine! Mine!"

Kai shook his head. "Hyung!"

Dave choi ignored the exchange and pushed the on button without a moment's hesitation. At once, Kai's body began trembling in the way Taemin did moments ago.

It was painful to watch.

Kai was groaning in agony as he felt the life being out of it. It was beyond pain. It was pure hell.

It was like hell being brought out of the underworld and surfacing on the human world. It was that and a million times worse.

To make something like that proved the Choi's to be completely insane and heartless.

Jooyeon squeezed her eyes shut as she heard Kai screaming. For a brave confident young man like him to cry out like this made it even more painful to hear. Especially because Kai would never ever show his weakness to anyone.

Taemin couldn't bear it anymore. He couldn't just sit there and watch Kai being killed.

He got onto his knees. "Please. I BEG of you." he cried. "Take my powers instead. Take mine."

"oppa!" Jooyeon shrieked and shook her head furiously.

Dave Choi laughed heartily at the scene. "You hear that? He's begging me to kill him!"

Taemin nodded and didn't mind the humiliation. Whatever the case, he had to save Kai. "Kill me, whatever you want."

"No Taemin!" "Maknae don't be stupid!" "Hyung no!" the gang begged him continuously but Taemin stood firm in his decision.

Dave nodded. "Good. Dansen. Take Kai out from there."

Dansen switched the machine off and got Kai out. He looked tired and haggard, but not worse than Taemin because his hyung had been attached for a longer period of time.

Dansen led him and dumped him beside Taemin. "Kai are you alright?" Taemin whispered.

Kai nodded weakly. He looked around at and discreetly patted his pocket. "Hyung."

Taemin blinked and understood. Keeping an eye on Dave Choi, he hugged his dongsaeng and reached into the pocket.

His eyes widened. It was a grenade.

Kai directed his eyes to the towering machine and Taemin nodded. Kai was brilliant.

Taemin detached himself from his dongsaeng and looked at Dave Choi. "In return for my life, I want you to set all of them go." he said steadily. "Every single one. Even Kai."

Dansen frowned. "Abeoji-"

Taemin continued without flinching. "If I'm willing, the power will be intensified." he muttered. Dave Choi nodded. He knew this all along. The power he got from Taemin's parents diminished after a whole because it wasn't passed on willingly.

"If I give my life and power to you without any regrets, you'll hold on to it longer." Taemin explained. "And I'll do that if you let all of them go and let me walk myself to my death."

Dave choi considered this for a moment. "Very well."

"Abeoji!" Dansen Choi protested. Dave choi sent his son a look that shut the younger Choi up. "Do it." he hissed.

Dansen gingerly nodded to his men who untied the Shinee and Exo-k members. Jooyeon was crying madly because she didn't understand what Taemin was doing.

Or perhaps she didn't understand. He was sacrificing himself for all of them. But didn't they just agree on taking on fate together?

The men pushed the gang towards the exit and Taemin bit his lips to hide the smile. They were this close. This close to success.

When all of a sudden Jooyeon protested. "Dave Choi at least let me hug Taemin oppa once.." she begged.

Dave Choi nodded and Jooyeon flung herself towards Taemin. He wrapped his arms around her instinctively and met eyes with Kai. Kai nodded and ushered the rest out of the warehouse as fast as possible.

Now it was in Taemin's hands to save the both of them.

Jooyeon sobbed into Taemin's shirt. "Oppa...oppa I love you.."

Taemin softened and pressed a hard kiss against her temple. "I love you too." he whispered. "And I'm going to get us both out of here."

Jooyeon turned towards him in surprise. Taemin bit back a smile and pushed his face into her hair so that the Choi's couldn't see his mouth move. "I'm going to kiss you, and we're going to move as much as we can towards the exit."

Before Jooyeon understood what he was saying, Taemin's mouth was on hers in this urgent breathtaking passionate kiss. It took everything she had not to crumple onto the floor because her knees instantly turned jelly.

Taemin hadn't kissed her like this before. All the kisses their shared to date had been chaste and quick. But perhaps fueled by the fear of dying and the determination to live, this kiss was nothing like the rest.

Taemin took her bottom lip between his and . And oh boy did she feel faint and giddy. She even let out a little mewl as she fell into Taemin's embrace.

Taemin kept backing her and pushing her back as he kissed her. It wasn't difficult. It was instinctive and perhaps inborn in all males. What Dansen had said about him not being able to show Jooyeon more was definitely untrue.

At this moment, he wasn't the banana loving cutesy Taemin. He was fired up, manly and agressuve Taemin.

But that didn't mean he didn't like banana milk though, just to make a point.

They were around ten meters away from the exit when Dave Choi's voice sounded out. "That's enough!" he ordered. "We don't need a free show."

Dansen's face fell significantly and it was evident that he had enjoyed every minute of it. Taemin tore himself away from Jooyeon, but his hand slid down the length of her arm and gripped her hand tightly.

"Dave Choi, before there are any deaths, I just want to tell you something." Taemin said in a cool collected voice.

He glared hard, years of hatred powering the intense stare. "I ing hate you."

Jooyeon gasped in surprise at his use of vulgarity. She never heard him say anything like that before.

Dave Choi rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah don't they all say that when they're about to die?" he smirked. "Now's the time to meet your death, Lee Taemin."

Taemin squeezed Jooyeon's hand. "Not yet."

With that, he pulled the lock off the grenade and hurled it towards the machine. Whether it was luck or good aim, it fell into the vital compartment where the bulk of the engine lay.

Dave Choi's eyes widened. "What the-"

Taemin didn't turn back to see what happened and he pulled Jooyeon with him, running with all his might. They reached the door when they heard the familiar beep they always heard in movies, and..

KABOOOOOOMMM!

The explosion was huge and the impact sent Jooyeon and Taemin flying forwards, landing on the grass patch outside the warehouse.

The Shinee and Exo-k members rushed to their side, not bothering if the Choi's were even alive after the explosion.

Taemin and Jooyeon laid weakly on the grass as the members fussed over them and they turned to each other.

A smile lighting his face, Taemin brought their still intertwined hands together towards his lips and pressed a kiss on her knuckles.

And then they out.