Power Stealing

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

Jooyeon and Taemin gulped in each others arms. Dave Choi and his son Dansen Choi smirked as they sauntered leisurely towards the couple.

At this moment, around a dozen of bodyguards or whatever they're called appeared from nowhere and stood around in an intimidating manner.

"Choi." Taemin muttered.

Dave Choi smirked and crossed over to Taemin. "This is so touching." he said sarcastically. "So you are willing to sacrifice your life for this girl even when you find out that she isn't your soulmate? Interesting."

Taemin pushed Jooyeon behind him and stood protectively in front of her. "Don't you even dare to talk about her." he hissed.

Dave shrugged. "See if you dare to command me anything when you're in our hands." he smirked.

He looked over to his men and cocked his head towards Taemin. "Capture."

At once, these mobile men filed towards Taemin and Jooyeon and held onto them tightly such that even the incredible hulk would have some problems breaking away.

Taemin's eyes widened when he saw them catch Jooyeon as well. "Wait. I'm the one you want. Let Yeon go."

Dansen rolled his eyes. "Do you think we are this retarded?" he asked. "Let her go and be free to get help?" he retorted. "And anyway it'll be fun with your Achilles  Heel right here with us."

Taemin bit his lip desperately and met eyes with Jooyeon. She looked scared and unsettled but she tried hiding her emotions with a mask of calm. However Taemin could see through it anytime and he knew exactly how afraid she was.

He had to get her out, at least.

But as those men pushed him roughly into the warehouse, he tried to read the future and none of those familiar flashes came in. They were already going against fate at this instant, with Jooyeon being captured instead of him alone.

Will they win or will fate claim both their lives?

 

 

"What the hell is that?" Jooyeon blurted when they got into the warehouse and were pushed onto the floor roughly.

They were in front of this large looming machine that towered high above them. It looked like a massive science experiment, but one that isn't supposed to do the human race good.

Taemin gulped, having the exact idea what it was for.

"This?" Dave Choi patted the machine with a smirk. "This is my beloved baby of course. The very thing that could end your life and start the fantastic part of mine."

Abruptly, he reached for a switch of some sort and pushed it down hard. Immediately the whole machine was switched on and it rumbled loudly in this threatening manner.

There was this compartment in the middle of the entire machine that looked similar to one of those brain scanning devices found in hospitals. But this one was made of hard thick glass and had a dozen wires connected to it.

There was a helmet sort of metal device that one had to wear if they were unfortunate to lie inside, and from what Jooyeon saw, she was sure that thing could do a whole lot f damage.

"I think you do know what this is now, right?" Dave laughed menacingly. "This is the device passed on through generations, and is the very key of my success. This is the device which will manage to steal those powers of yours away."

Taemin closed his eyes as dread filled him. "And my parents died on this thing." he said weakly.

"Smart boy." Dave Choi smirked. "But that was an accident that they died. We'll try not to let that happen to you too." he laughed and met eyes with his son as they shared the joke.

Jooyeon felt sick in her stomach. It was evident that these Choi men bad no intention of letting Taemin off alive.

Dave Choi clapped his hands. "Now it's time to get another one of the audience." he announced. "Dansen?"

His son nodded and went to the back of the warehouse and opened a door. He came back with someone else with him, gagged and tied up. Dansen pulled the gag out of the guy's mouth and the guy spluttered.

"Damn you! Couldn't you have given me a cleaner cloth?" the guy growled.

Jooyeon felt herself tearing up seeing her brother safe and sound. Her eyes scanned him from top to toe, from what she saw, he seemed alright and unharmed.

"Aegyo king!" she shrieked.

Sehun blinked and snapped his head towards her direction. His eyes widened. "Noona!" he gasped. "And Taemin hyung? Oh my god way are you doing here?" he frowned and glared up at Dansen. "What the hell? You caught them both too?"

Dansen whacked Sehun's head. "Shut up. You're just one of the audience for our moment of triumph."

Dave rubbed his palms together. "Now are you ready?" he smirked. "Lee Taemin. I've finally got you in my hands."

Taemin glared hard at Dave Choi. "Shinee and Exo-k will come soon with the police." he snarled. "You won't get away with it."

Dave Choi shrugged. "But by then it's be too late won't it?" he smirked. "You'll be dead."

He nodded at Dansen and his son gathered few men as they carried Taemin into that compartment in the machine and tied his hands and feet with wires.

They fixed the metal helmet like thing on Taemin and fastened it on. Taemin swallowed hard. This was scarier than he predicted.

"Noona...what are they doing to Taemin hyung?" Sehun whimpered.

Jooyeon cried softly. "They're trying to take oppa's powers away from him. And they're going to kill him in the process."

Sehun's eyes widened and Jooyeon nodded sadly. Even when she rushed al the way here to stop Taemin, is this the ending they were going to get?

Dave Choi smirked. "Let it begin." he announced and started the machine. The loud rumblings intensified and soon the entire compartment that Taemin was lying was glowing with blue light.

Taemin's body jerked once. Twice.

And soon he was trembling nonstop and howling in pain as the machine extracted the very essence of his being. His cries were so pained and full of suffering that Jooyeon cringed.

"Stop it. I beg you. Please..." she tugged on Dansen's leg.

Dansen kicked her away. "Stop it woman." he snarled.

"Ahhhh!!" Taemin groaned wildly as more of his powers were extracted. The meter on the machine showed that around 65% of his powers were already extracted and it was increasing steadily.

"Stop. Please..." Jooyeon whimpered.

It was crushing her very soul to see Taemin die in such a way in front of her. It was insane. It was cruel. It was making her die inside as well.

"Stop!" Dave announced suddenly.

The rumblings stopped and Taemin laid tired and totally exhausted and unable to move.

Dave Choi's eyes fell on Jooyeon. "Don't let him die yet. Now it's time for more fun."