Premonition

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

The fangirls in school were once again hit with a massive news when Sehun went to school with his arm around Sunmi's waist the next day.

They were simply devastated. First Taemin, now Sehun?? Noooooooo!

Sunmi looked shy beside Sehun, but the guy was simply to happy to even feel embarrassed about anything. After all, he put in a lot of effort and he finally got the girl. That deserves a little showing off here and there, really.

The break time after these events were a little different from usual. Sehun and Sunmi sat at the far corner away from the rest of the people and whispered to each other, blushing and giggling.

Jooyeon and Taemin sat on the other end of the table and did the exact same thing. And Taemin even insisted on feeding Jooyeon mouth by mouth for her congee that the other guys simple couldn't take it any longer.

"Ugh. Are they going to be like this forever or is this going to wear off?" Baekhyun muttered, shuddering.

Jonghyun patted his dongsaeng's shoulder. "I think it's going to be permanent, unfortunately."

"I don't think I can stand it any longer." Chanyeol fanned himself. "It's just a bowl of congee and he won't let her eat it himself? Oh man spoon by spoon this is going to take such a long time...."

D.O. sighed sadly. "But still," he looked at the two loving couples. "I want a girlfriend too!" he whined.

All the guys left sighed together dramatically and put their heads together. "We shouldn't be Shinee and Exo-k anymore." Suho muttered. "We should kick out Sehun and Taemin hyung and form a new group, called NLL."

All the boys looked at him. "What's NLL?" Onew asked curiously.

Suho made a face. "No Love Life."

"Hey I do have a love life!" Jonghyun protested. He grinned at Key. "Yeobooooo~~"

Key pushed Jonghyun's face away from him in disgust. "Oh god why."

They finished lunch without another strange affair, if you called their normal interaction normal, that is. The boys packed their stuff and walked back to class, preparing for the next lessons.

As they walked past the hallway, they were prepared for their daily dose of confessions that occurred twice a day before school and during break.

"Kai oppa marry me! Suho oppa you're so handsome! Baekhyun oppa I LOVE YOU!"

"Jonghyun oppa break up with Key and be with me! Onew oppa I'll supply you chicken for the rest of your life! Minho oppa SARANGHAE!"

The boys just smiled politely and made their way through the girls like they always did. It's not that they didn't like girls, they liked girls very much thank you. But they didn't like girls when they were in a fierce sea of raging fans. Now that's a totally different story.

"Sehun oppa!" a girl called out. "Break up with Sunmi unnie! I'm younger and prettier, I'm better for you!"

Sunmi shrunk back and lowered her gaze to the ground as her insecurities set in. This was what had stopped her from dating a younger guy in the beginning anyway.

Sehun squeezed her hand lightly and sent her a smile. He looked at the girl who just confessed to him. "I'm sorry. I love Sunmi noona and no one else can ever replace her."

On the other hand, the Taemin-Jooyeon couple was also facing similar problems.

"Taemin oppa! What do you see in Oh Jooyeon anyway! Break up with her!"

Jooyeon glowered at them. How dare they tell Taemin what to do? Oh those rascals.

Jooyeon prepared to rush forwards to strangle those stupid girls when Taemin pulled her back. "Yeon." he warned. "Not worth it."

Jooyeon sighed and pouted, letting her balled fists fall limply by her side. Taemin faced the girls and smiled politely. "Well I won't break up with Yeon because-"

"JUST BREAK UP WITH HER! WE LOST SEHUN OPPA! WE CAN'T LOSE YOU TOO!"

"But don't you see Yeon is-"

"SHE'S JUST AN UGLY GIRL THAT ISN'T WORTH YOUR TIME TAEMIN OPPA!"

"Aish!" Jooyeon snapped. She stepped in front of Taemin and glared at the girls. "I'm Taemin oppa's soulmate alright? None of you will ever be so just stop!"

Taemin's eyes widened as Jooyeon stormed back to his side, huffing and panting. Jooyeon caught Taemin staring at him and she blinked at him. "What?"

Taemin's jaw had fallen open as he gaped at her with an awed expression. "I think I just fell in love with you again." he admitted.

For the Exo-k boys, they were getting more confessions than usual because the fangirls already lost Taemin and Sehun. D.O. seemed to be the one who enjoyed it the most because he loved the chocopies the girls gave him.

Kai just stood there boredly, rejecting girl after another. He bit his lip and tried to smile politely at the girls even though he really wanted to just smack all their faces for being so noisy.

That was, until a certain girl came forward with a small bag of delicately wrapped cookies. Kai's eyes widened. "Minhee?"

Minhee gulped and flushed pink. All the others were pointing fingers at her, talking about how unworthy this orphaned girl was of their Kai.

"Uhm Hi?" Minhee murmured. She chewed on her lips hard. "Here." she shoved the cookies into Kai's hands.

"I just...I just want to tell you how much I like you." Minhee whispered. "You're the first friend I ever had, and I just unknowingly fell for you. It's okay if you don't like me back. I understand. I just want to let you know about it."

"Minhee.." Kai murmured in surprise.

Minhee turned pink. "Uhm I'll be going now." she blurted and ran away even before Kai could answer.

Kai stared for a long time after she went off. A mixture of feelings passed him as he watched her run away.

Unlike the other confessions he had gotten before, he felt strangely ...happy for this one.

"Oh my gosh I need to get my eyes checked but I think Kai is blushing!" Chanyeol boomed in his deep voice.

All eyes turned to Kai and he became even redder than before. "Aish!" he grumbled, biting back the smile that threatened to break on his lips.

 

 

"Don't you think it's cute, Taemin oppa?" Jooyeon squealed. "Aegyo king actually got a girlfriend now! It's like he grew up already! And I think there may be a chance that Kai would fall for Minhee as well!"

Taemin smiled absent-mindedly. There had been a strange feeling in his chest throughout the day, like a premonition that something bad was going to happen.

The problem was, he hadn't received any flashes yet that confirmed of the impending event. And that made him even more unsettled because he didn't know what he could do to minimize the impacts. The only thing he could do was wait.

"Taemin oppa?" Jooyeon waved her hand in front of Taemin's face.

Taemin blinked. "Oh Mianhae Yeon. I was just thinking."

"Something wrong?" Jooyeon questioned. "You look preoccupied." she noted as she rubbed his hands in a comforting manner.

Taemin pushed his worries behind his his head and smiled at her. "I'm fine Yeon. Better than fine."

He pulled her towards her and she settled into his embrace contently. "Nothing could be better with you by my side right now." Taemin whispered as he pressed a kiss on her temple.

Jooyeon giggled and sighed dreamily. *Thats right.*

Taemin watched as Jooyeon laid in his arms comfortably and he unconsciously tightened his hold. He hoped this something that would happen soon wouldn't be too serious.