Volley ball game

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"It looks amazing!" Jooyeon and Sunmi cooed together as the sea finally came into view after a thee whole long bus ride.

Sehun, Kai and Taemin's expressions immediately turned soft and tender as they smiled affectionately at the girls that caught their hearts.

"Yah maknae do you have chocopies?" D.O. turned to ask but frowned when he saw Sehun in a dreamy state as he gazed at Sunmi lovingly.

D.O. shook his head and turned to Kai. "Hey Kai do you ha-" he blinked at Kai's smitten expression.

"Taemin hyung do you-" D.O. faltered when he saw Taemin chuckling to himself when he watched Jooyeon.

D.O.'s eyes widened and he grabbed fistfuls of hair frustratedly. "Omo omo!" he shrieked. "Zombiefied! They are zomebiefi- mmhhfff-"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and slapped his hand over D.O.'s mouth. "Why am I always stuck with this menial tasks of managing this mentally challenged guy?" he grumbled.

The bus finally rolled to a stop and the students filed out of the bus in a flurry of excitement. The SHINee and EXO-K boys too bounded towards the beach excitedly.

"So kids you must make sure to stay in groups of five and-" the teacher faltered. "Yah! Is anyone listening to me?"

No one did.

They all rushed towards the beach happily and pranced around the sand. As opposed to what a common picture of what a beach would look like, this beach wasn't exactly sunny and warm tropical because of the season and humid weather.

In fact, the sand  was damp and it was rather cold with the sea breeze. However, it didn't dampen the student's spirits as the raced into the water and splashed about.

Taemin noticed Jooyeon shivering slightly because of the cold and passed her his jacket, putting it on her shoulders. She blinked at him curiously and he smiled. "You should take care Yeon. Don't fall sick."

Jooyeon smiled in appreciation. "How about YOU drink less banana milk if you're talking about falling sick." Jooyeon teased.

Taemin chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Arraso arraso."

He suddenly froze and took Jooyeon by her shoulders, pushing her aside hard. Jooyeon tumbled in surprise and a volleyball sailed past her head.

Taemin frowned and turned in the direction where the ball came from and saw BAP smirking at them. "Sorry. Bad aim." Youngjae shrugged innocently.

"What a lie!" Minho growled. "I saw h throwing it this way!"

"Don't say thing when you don't have prove pretty boy." Yonggul snarled. "Why not we have a game. You jjangs and us?" he suggested.

The SHINee and EXO-K boys looked at each other. Taemin frowned in hesitation. Until he saw Himchan glaring at Jooyeon and felt her shiver by his side. And he was sure it didn't have anything to do with the cold.

"We'll do it." He blurted.

 

 

"Damn him!" Suho roared in anger as Daehyun aimed a ball straight at Chanyeol'a face.

Shinee and Exo had sent their best players each, Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai as their representing team.

A crowd naturally gathered when the Jjang groups were up against the rebel group and the crowd started cheering.

The ball sailed towards Chanyeol's face and his eyes widened as he watched the ball inch closer to him. At the last minute, Jonghyun smacked the ball away from Chanyeol.

The point was lost for the jjangs, but at least Chanyeol was unhurt. They frowned and glared at BAP.

"They're playing dirty." Onew frowned and shook his head.

Jooyeon chewed on her lip as she watched the game intensely. The score was currently 15-16, with BAP in the lead.

Minho did a wonderful surf and Zelo barely got it over the net. Sehun smirked and did a gorgeous spike. Jongup tried to catch it, but the ball bounced away too powerfully.

Sehun smirked and looked in Sunmi's direction, sending her a wink. Sunmi pinked and fanned herself. "That showoff.." she murmured.

As the game progressed, Jooyeon noticed something was wrong with Taemin. He looked deathly pale and kept shivering when the ball wasn't with him. His movements weren't as fast as usual but he was trying hard.

*Taemin oppa looks weird.* Jooyeon frowned.

A ball sailed towards Taemin in its superb speed as surfed by Youngjae. Taemin gaped at it and tried to raise his hands to return it, but it wasn't working.

Kai quickly came to his hyung's rescue and spiked a ball, scoring a point. He frowned at his hyung worriedly. "Hyung, are you okay? You don't look well."

Taemin shook his head and forced a smile. "I'm fine. Maybe just catching a cold or something. Fine."

"But hyung. If you're sick you shouldn't be playing." Kai rebutted.

"It's fine." Taemin assured. He glanced at Jooyeon who was looking at him worriedly. "For Yeon. This game is for her." he whispered.

Kai understood and didn't say anything. He knew that feeling, because he too yearned to thrash those BAP's butts, especially Himchan's. For Jooyeon.

The game progressed till 20-19, with BAP losing. One more point to game point for SHINee and EXO-K.

Taemin tried to stand straight as he watched Himchan prepare to surf the ball. He was shaking uncontrollably and was breaking out in cold sweat.

He guessed it was the sea breeze, or the lack of sleep the previous night because he was too busy preparing for this trip. Whatever the case, what he really wanted to do them was to lie in a warm bed and sleep.


He shook those thoughts away. He needed to win this. For Jooyeon.

Himchan eyed Taemin, and he suddenly surfed the ball. His movement was so fast that Taemin almost didn't manage to catch the ball.

He hit the ball up and Kai sent it over the net. Zelo saved the ball from hitting the ground and Yongguk hit it over.

The ball went back and forth several times as each team tried their best. Himchan frowned and growled. It was taking too long for his liking.

Just as the ball sailed towards their side of the net and Jongup was about to get it, he pushed Jongup away and smacked the ball over the net.

Taemin's eyes widened and he plunged for the ball desperately, crashing into the sand. The ball barely passed the net, and finally rolled over to the other side where Daehyun missed.

He scored.

Taemin let out a sigh of relief as the crowd burst into cheers as their two Jjang groups won the game, with Taemin scoring the game point.

He glanced at Jooyeon who didn't seem to be smiling at the victory and instead running towards him as he laid on the ground, thoroughly exhausted.

He closed his eyes tiredly. *Totally worth it.*