Missing Brothers

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

With her heart trembling with the after effects of the previous day, Jooyeon went to school the next day with heightened awareness.

She was highly conscious of how she looked, and spent a long long time in front of the mirror tidying up herself that morning.

To be honest, she didn't know what she was so anxious about anyway. It wasn't as if Taemin didn't see how she looked like usually.

However, that few words had effectively made her lose her sleep he previous night as she laid in bed tossing and turning, replaying his words over and over in her mind.

"Can't I just want to see you?"

Jooyeon bit her lips hard. It was so blunt, so Taemin to say something like that. Perhaps when it came from Taemin, he had no intention of charming her or sweeping her off her feet with sweetened words. Because Lee Taemin was too naive and child like to do something like that.

He said it because it was what he thought, what he felt.

And Jooyeon was frightened, because those seven words had made her heart skip a few beats more than necessary.

Soulmate. That was what Taemin claimed them to be. And Taemin more than once proved his ability precise as accurate. His flashes of the future really did happen in real life.

Was this to say that they were really soulmates?

Jooyeon shook her head furiously to clear that thought. "He may be right on everything else, but I'm sure that's wrong. That's just..." unable to find the right words, she blushed to herself.

"It's always not a good sign when one talks to herself."

Jooyeon looked up and saw Onew grinning down at her. The Shinee boys arrived and settled down in their seats, grinning at her and effectively ignoring the fangirls that were hovering around with great skill that came with experience.

Jooyeon made a face at the Dubu leader before looking around curiously. She blinked in surprise.

"Looking for Taemin?" Key asked teasingly.

Jooyeon pinked. "No!" she denied, scandalized, even though that was exactly what she had been doing.

She pretended to be preoccupied with her book for a few moments before glancing hesitantly at Jonghyun. "Speaking of which, do you know where Taemin oppa is?"

Jonghyun gave her a knowing smile. "To be honest, we don't know." Jonghyun shrugged. "Before you came, Taemin would have such days where he would disappear all of a sudden as well. He and Kai, together."

"Together with Kai?" Jooyeon blurted thoughtfully. She frowned. "Don't you guys know where they go off to?"

"Nope. He never tells us and we don't ask." Minho shook his head. "He'd be back after a while as usual, I guess. Don't need to worry about him, Jooyeon. He can read the future, the last thing you need to do is worry."

Jooyeon twisted her lips and pouted. She nodded and turned back to the front when the teacher came into the class.

She glanced to her right where Taemin usually sat. The empty chair and desk seemed so strange, so unfamiliar.

She sighed and flipped her book opened. She hoped Taemin would return the next day.

 

 

"No."

"Noona!" Sehun pouted. He went over to Sunmi and tugged on her arm. "Sunmi noona...won't you let me tag along? Hmm?"

Sunmi pinked at his cute face. She turned to Jooyeon questioningly and her friend shook her head firmly.

"Mianhae Sehun. She says no." Sunmi shrugged at Sehun.

Sehun pouted and crossed his arms sulkily. "Noona!" He huffed at Jooyeon.

Jooyeon linked her arms with Sunmi and stuck her tongue out. "Nononono aegyo king." she clicked her tongue. "You've stolen my friend away from me too many times. We need a girls day out."

"But I'll miss Sunmi noona.." he blinked at Sunmi cutely. Sunmi blushed and avoided his eyes, trying not to react.

"Then deal with it." Jooyeon snickered. "Come on Sunmi, let's go!" she pulled Sunmi away before Sehun could say anything, grinning widely.

The two girls went about on Gangnam shopping district to walk and talk. There were many interesting things and the girls squealed and cooed at new things.

"Oooh look at this!" Sunmi pointed at a cute dancing elephant toy. "I saw it that day when I went out with Seh-" she caught herself.

Jooyeon grinned slyly and narrowed her eyes at Sunmi. "With who?"

Sunmi shook her head and murmured under her breath. "Nothing." and she walked away quickly to avoid the topic.

But Jooyeon didn't let it go so easily and she ran to catch up. "Honestly, Sunmi." she started. "Do you think there's a chance that you'll accept aegyo king? I know I'm his sister and all and I have a reason to be biased, but trust me. Sehun is a good guy, and this is the first time I've seen him so true to a single girl. He likes you, a lot. He's really a good guy."

Sunmi sighed softly. "I know..." Jooyeon noted that Sunmi's eyes softened at this point. "But no." Sunmi shook her head. "I don't think he stands a chance and I tell him that everyday. He's younger than me. I don't think...I don't think I want to rely on a dongsaeng, if you know what I mean."

Jooyeon sighed. So perhaps that aegyo king needed to try harder.

Sunmi turned towards Jooyeon with a smile. "What about you, Jooyeon?" she questioned. "Kai or Taemin?"

Jooyeon blushed furiously and waved her hands about. "Aye! What are you talking about?"

Sunmi laughed heartily and shook her head. "I noticed someone looked rather beside herself because a certain someone wasn't here today." she grinned. "Taemin and Kai aren't here today, you miss them?"

"Aye!" Jooyeon grumbled. She sighed a while after and kicked a rock. "To be honest, it's a little quiet today. When Taemin oppa isn't here."

Sunmi smiled knowingly. "You may not agree with me, Jooyeon. But this is what I feel." she muttered. "Compared to Kai's outrageous courting methods that are so attention seeking and large scale...sometimes little thoughtful things that Taemin does can mean as much."

Jooyeon thought about how Taemin had waited for her in the rain with an umbrella and she smiled.

"Yeah. I think so too."