Rescue

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"Where is he?" Jooyeon pressed urgently. "We've got to find him."

Taemin spun around in surprise and looked at her while she followed him as he ran. He stopped abruptly and she stopped as well.

"What are you doing, Yeon?" Taemin demanded, the frown on his face growing deeper and deeper every moment.

Jooyeon blinked. "What? Coming with you to save Kai of course." she declared as it it was the most obvious thing ever. She tugged on Taemin's hand and tried to pull him along, utterly confused as to why he was resisting.

"Come on Taemin oppa." Jooyeon frowned in disapproval. "Your brother is in danger! You can't stand here and stone!"

Taemin shook his head and muttered something to himself. He took Jooyeon's hand and she brightened, thinking that perhaps they might be ready for the action but instead, he pulled her in the opposite direction and towards her house.

"What are you doing Taemin oppa?" Jooyeon demanded, dumbfounded.

Taemin opened the gates to her house, pushed her inside and shut it in her face. "You're not coming with me, Yeon." he announced firmly. "Stay at home."

Jooyeon's eyes widened and she gaped at him as if he was crazy. "Why? Kai's in trouble and I want to help too!" she protested, shaking the gates while Taemin held it between them.

"No." Taemin shook his head. "Don't do this, Yeon. He's going to capture my brother, I don't know what I'll do if something happens to you as well." he reached out to cup her cheek as he croaked in a barely recognizable voice.

Jooyeon swallowed. She saw the tension and anxiety in his eyes burning brightly. "I'll stay outside." she blurted. "You go in to save him and I'll stay outside to get help in case something goes wrong. Just let me go, please." she pleaded.

She didn't mind that staying outside meant that she would miss out all the action inside, even though she woul have protested otherwise in other cases. But this time, she didn't care so much. If she could offer that tiny amount of help, she was going to give it.

"Please?" Jooyeon repeated when she saw Taemin waver.

He looked at her sternly. "You sure that you're not going to barge in like that idiot you are?"

Jooyeon ignored the idiot comment and nodded. She pushed the gate opened and grabbed Taemin's hand, dragging him along. "Come on! We'be got to save him!"

A few moments of hesitation and Jooyeon let a small smile curl at her lips when she felt Taemin's hands envelope hers tighter as he ran with her.

*We'll save you Kai. Don't worry.* she thought determinedly.

 

 

"Aish why isn't Abeoji here yet." Dansen grumbled. He glanced at the clock again and frowned.

It was just two minutes to the thirty minutes his father said he'd take to et there. And he wasn't here yet.

But it was expected, somehow. His father loved grand attention grabbing entrances and being fashionably late. Perhaps he liked his grand entrance when turning up at the capture of one of the two most sought for boys ever.

Dansen turned to Kai's direction and smirked. "Don't worry little one, Abeoji will turn up no matter what." he assured. "It isn't everyday that his son manages to capture the almighty Kai."

*You never do anything right anyway.* Kai thought grumpily, unhappy that Dansen had that much sense to tape his mouth up to keep Kai's sarcastic comments in.

The fear was rising in him rapidly as he thought of what might happen to him if he really got into the hand of he Choi devil. He still had a whole life out in front of him. He didn't want his existence to end that easily despite what the Choi freaks would say.

He had seen what they had done to the entire Lee line heritage and they were partly the reason why the scarce Lee line had diminished so quickly to only include Kai and Taemin.

And the next one might very well be him.

It frightened him so and he felt this sudden urge to cry. Taemin. What would happen to Taemin if he was just taken away like this? His hyung was just like a kid inside damn it. He could barely take care of himself and the only reason why Taemin didn't fall for tricks and pranks was because of his ability to read the future. If the flashes didn't come in time, Taemin would be the most gullible guy ever.

Kai loved to dance. What happened to that dream to form a dancing duo group with Taemin when they grew up? What about Jooyeon? He hadn't even had a chance to pursue her yet!

"Aish I can't wait." Dansen grumbled. I'll go out to call my Abeoji again."

Dansen grabbed his phone and went out of the door, dialing his father's number furiously in hope of contacting him and getting him to arrive faster. He yearned for the praise and reward that followed after his father saw Kai trapped in his hands.

The door slammed shut and Kai was left alone in Dansen's apartment. *A little alone time before the nightmare begins.* Kai thought miserably.

After a few moments, the door opened again. Kai closed his eyes. *The Choi devil arrived already? Damn it.*

The devil Choi was strangely quiet and it took Kai everything not to open his eyes to look. The Choi devil must be wanting Kai to succumb to the curiosity. Who knows, maybe once Kai opened his eyes, the Devil's face might just be in front of his.

"Kai!" a familiar whisper could be heard.

Kai froze. *How did he get Taemin hyung's voice?*

"Kai!" the voice was nearer now and Kai heard shuffling. It wasn't long before there was a thud and someone whimpered softly in muffled tones.

"Aish doesn't Dansen know how to drinks anything other than beer? He obviously doesn't know the marvelousness of banana milk."

Kai's eyes snapped opened.

He turned and saw Taemin sprawled out on the floor as he tripped over one of the beer bottles on the floor. His eyes widened and he would have gasped loudly if not for the tale covering his mouth.

Taemin smiled at Kai and scrambled towards his brother. He tore the tape off hurriedly, making Kai wince in pain. "Ow!" he whispered.

Taemin's eyes widened. "Omo. Mianhae. Does it hurt?"

Kai ignored the pain and stared at Taemin. "What are you doing here hyung?" he whispered urgently as Taemin began undoing the ropes holding onto Kai. "How did you-"

Taemin gave Kai a look and Kai shut his mouth. "Okay. Your powers." He stated the obvious. Taemin quickly or Kai free and the younger gave his hyung a grateful smile.

The two brothers crept quietly to the door and their blood froze when they heard voiced just talking outside. "Yes he's really in there Abeoji. Can't you believe your son?"

"Not when my son actually told me that the Statue of Liberty was in London." the other voice retorted. "Lead me in quick Dansen. Don't waste time."

Taemin and Kai turned to each other, alarmed. "Window!" Taemin mouthed and the two of the dashed to one of the opened windows, looking down.

Thankfully, Dansen's apartment was on the second floor and the ground didn't seem that far away. Taemin helped Kai to get out, before he jumped down himself, just as the door snapped opened.

The two brothers landed in a heap on the grass and winced, holding in their groans. Taemin helped Kai up and the both of them ran as fast as they could away.

When they were far enough, they finally slowed down enough to walk. "Phew. That was close." Taemin heaved a sigh of relief.

Kai nodded. He smiled at Taemin gratefully. "Thanks for coming to my rescue hyung." he told him. "I'm sorry for running out all of a sudden and not returning home. It's my fault that this even had to happen."

"No it's not." Taemin shook his head. "It's my fault for keeping things from you."

The two brothers smiled at each other, pleased that all things were right between them once again.

Then Kai had to go ahead to break this wonderful brotherly silence. "But you know, I thought it over." Kai blurted. "I'm not giving Jooyeon noona up to you."

Taemin looked at him in surprise. "B-but you already know-" he stammered.

"I know." Kai murmured sadly. "I know. But I don't want to give up so easily. Even if fate says she's supposed to be yours, I don't care. I'll go against fate if that's what it takes. Maybe I'll love her enough to do so."

"Kai..."

"Fair competition from now on, hyung?" Kai asked with a smile.

Taemin chuckled softly. "Deal."