Love rivals

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

It was sadistic, yes.

However, Jooyeon wasn't a liar either and if you asked her if she enjoyed doodling on the BAP members' faces, the only way she could refrain from lying and admitting that she was a sadist was to just keep shut.

She laughed all the way home when she thought about how she wrote "Meanie" and "Evil" all over Himchan's arms and face. She blessed him with this ultra thick layer of panda eyes that could only be attained if you missed sleep since the day you were born, but then you wouldn't be alive.

She would never forget how he looked like when the BAP members finally woke up and they stormed out of the classroom, looking like six animals being released from the zoo all of a sudden. He had especially been dressed in a rabbit costume and the evil Baekhyun took the initiative to tie Himchan's feet together so he had no way of moving other than really hopping like a bunny.

An evil bunny that suited BAP's style anyway.

That incident really imprinted itself in the minds of the BAP members and it could be seen when they tried to fervently avoid where Jooyeon, Sunmi, SHINee and EXO-K were the next day. Some marks of the marker were still visible to the eye and she could still vividly see that "BIG BAD BULLY" she wrote on his left cheek.

Which was why that was the only thing that remained on topic for the girls when they walked out of school even until one week later. "You know what I dreamed of last night?" Sunmi asked Jooyeon, smiling madly.

Jooyeon laughed. "Definitely something to do with Daehyun."

"DENG DENG!!!" Sunmi squealed. "Correct! I dreamt that the pig face I drew on Daehyun the other day had somehow been broadcast to the entire world!" she giggled. "No kidding. The WHOLE WORLD!!"

Jooyeon shook her head, laughing. She blushed pink as she looked at Sunmi. "To be honest, I also had dreams about Himchan. That angry face when he realized he was dressed like a bunny was hilarious!" she giggled.

The two girls skipped out of the school when they were stopped by the two youngest members of EXO-K. "NOONAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" Sehun exclaimed and immediately ran for Sunmi.

Jooyeon rolled her eyes and went over to Kai to say hello. "I swear, now when he calls me noona Ii'll involuntarily look around to see if Sunmi's around." she muttered. Kai looked at her, amused.

"Seriously Jooyeon. Sometimes I think your brother's hyperactive." Sunmi giggled. Jooyeon made a face. "I think so too."

"Aww don't say that Sunmi noona~" Sehun pouted cutely. "I'm only hyper for you~~" he fluttered his eyebrows. Sunmi just laughed and whacked his head lightly, laughing it away. Sehun pouted slightly at her lack of reaction from her despite his rather sweet declaration.

"Sunmi noona, want to catch a movie with me?" Sehun asked, smiling widely.

Sunmi turned to look at Jooyeon to ask if Jooyeon wanted to tag along, while Sehun waved his hands agitatedly behind her and made exaggerated faces. Jooyeon blinked at her brother. "Err...."

"DON'T GO DON'T GO!!!" Sehun mouthed.

"I think..." Jooyeon murmured. "I won't go. I...have something on."

Sehun heaved a sigh of relief. "THANK YOU NOONA!" he mouthed back. Jooyeon just rolled her eyes. *Things I do for you Aegyo king.*

In the end, Sehun whisked Sunmi away and left Kai together with Jooyeon. Jooyeon sighed and kicked at the ground. "So..I guess I'll go home now. Bye Kai." she smiled and waved.

Kai panicked and blurted. "Jooyeon noona." Jooyeon turned to look at him curiously. "Do you want to go to the bookstore with me?"

 

 

"Awww Yeon wait up!" Taemin wailed as he tried to catch up with Jooyeon and Kai.

What actually happened was that Jooyeon had initially agreed to go to the bookstore with Kai and they went together. Alone. They were having some fun time together talking about their favourite parts in Harry Potter until Taemin appeared out of nowhere to them.

The truth was, Taemin had initially been queuing up to get banana milk until he suddenly had a flash of the near future. Of Kai and Jooyeon in a bookshop, alone. The two of them.

What a chance for Kai and he wasn't around! Taemin immediately abandoned his banana milk and ran to the bookstore in question as fast as possible. He sprang out of nowhere and frightened the wits out of both Kai and Jooyeon but that geeky grin still hung at his lips. He found that the smile came out especially when he was around Jooyeon. Maybe love just did that to people.

Jooyeon blinked as Taemin ran up to her with that cheerful smile of his. Kai's face flashed with annoyance and confusion since he didn't know why his hyung was doing this. The possibility that his hyung would like the same girl he did flashed in his mind but he dismissed it. Taemin was innocent and naive, perhaps he just didn't know what Kai felt for Jooyeon.

"I really don't know why you decided to come Taemin oppa." Jooyeon giggled. "You don't even read much. Won't you miss your daily dose of Spongebob Square pants? I think it's airing now."

Taemin scoffed. "I'll choose you anytime." he made a face. Kai frowned, pondering if there was any other meaning to what his hyung said.

"And who said I don't read?" Taemin huffed. "I just...don't...read as much..." he trailed off hesitantly. Jooyeon laughed and knocked his head. "Just admit it oppa, you don't read."

Taemin pouted and rubbed the sore spot on his head. Jooyeon went to look for other good reads and Kai followed, recommending book after book that got Jooyeon's attention. The two of them began discussing the plots and characters as they unconsciously walked further and further away from Taemin.

Taemin hurriedly ran up to catch up and slotted himself between Jooyeon and Kai. "Yeah I know this book too!" he added.

Jooyeon raised her brows at Taemin. "Really? So what is it about?"

Taemin blinked. "Ehhh.." he faltered. "Of course it's about you know..." he looked at Kai for help but his younger brother didn't give anything away. He bit his lip and looked back at Jooyeon. "You know...a guy and a girl..."

Jooyeon pushed him away and made a face. "No oppa. It's about a dog." she rolled her eyes. She wagged her finger at Taemin warningly. "Don't interrupt if you don't know what you're talking about, Taemin oppa."

Sulking, Taemin backed away as Kai began explaining what happens in this particular book again and Jooyeon was hooked right away. He sighed and tried to amuse himself with a random book he picked. Perhaps he was unable to get into the discussion with Jooyeon and Kai but at least he was there to keep an eye of the both of them.

He managed to grab a random book and his eyes widened at the title.

WAYS TO GET RID OF YOUR LOVE RIVAL

He blinked. He looked at Kai and back at the book. At Kai. At the Book. At Kai. At the Book. At....

He shook his head. *Kai is my brother! He's not some sort of love rival!* he put the book down and went away. He took one of the magazines on the rack and flipped through it, but even the posters of SNSD didn't attract his attention as his eyes trailed back to the book.

He bit his lip and gulped. "One peek won't harm...right?"

He tip toed back to the book and picked it up, running behind one of the shelves and hiding behind it as if he was filming his own movie like Haha always does in Running Man. He flipped open to the first page and scanned through the words.

"Number one, put down the other guy in front of the girl you like." Taemin read.

----------

"Yeon, did you know that actually Kai still wets his bed when he was eight?" Taemin asked Jooyeon.

Jooyeon's eyes widened and looked at Kai. "You did?"

Kai made a face but didn't seem bothered. "Did I tell you, noona, that Taemin hyung still wet his bed when he was in high school?"

----------

Taemin shook his head. "Nonono that wouldn't work." he muttered. "Kai grew up with me. He knows all my flaws and if I want to point his out using a day, he'll have to have a week to list mine out to her."

He read the second point of the book.

DO SOMETHING TO FRAME YOUR LOVE RIVAL.

-----------

Taemin tiptoed as he grabbed Key's beloved mirror from the diva's bag and he planted it slyly in Kai's bag. Key loved his mirror more than anything else and if he lost it, the person who had it would sure die in his hands.

Taemin snickered and rubbed his palms together. *Awesome.*

Key came strolling into the classroom together with Jooyeon, just in time for action while Kai was waiting for Jooyeon at class with that darned Harry Potter book again.

While Jooyeon and Kai were talking together, Key went over to his bag to search for his marvellous mirror. But to his horror, it wasn't around. His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to scream. "WHO TOOK MY MIRROR!!!!"

He searched everyone's bags and finally found it in Kai's. But instead of directing his annoyed gaze at Kai, he glared at Taemin instead. "Why did you take it, Taemin?" Key huffed.

Taemin's eyes widened. "How did you know it was me, hyung?"

All the people pointed at the shred of banana skin that stuck itself on the mirror.

Oops.

---------------

Taemin shook his head. "Nope. I'm too clumsy to do something like that. Besides, it's wrong."

He read the next one: KILL YOUR LOVE RIVAL

---------------

Taemin snuck up on Kai with a knife in his hands. He smirked evilly as he raised his hands up, wanting to stab his very own brother.

Yes it was cruel, very cruel indeed. But Jooyeon was more important and he would do anything for her...

---------------

"Except something so stupid." Taemin puffed his cheeks. He frowned at the book. "What is this? None of the advice works!" he complained.

He was just about to set the book back when he saw the last sentence. Sometimes, you don't need to beat your love rival. Because if fate says you and her will end up together, nothing will tear you two apart.

Taemin smiled. "Yep that's right. Jooyeon and I are soulmates." he chuckled. "Nothing to worry about."

He gazed at Kai who was secretly sneaking looks at Jooyeon while the latter read. *The only thing I need to worry about now is Kai's broken heart.*