Even if it's fate, I want to change it

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

Taemin rolled about on the couch boredly.

He was over at Jonghyun's house with the rest of the SHINee boys to waste their time away and fool around like the dorks they were. The SHINee boys were usually apt at finding things to amuse themselves with, helped by Onew's dorky ideas and Minho's desire to turn everything into a competition.

The boys found themselves in a really retarded game of trying to transfer as much chicken nugget pieces from one bowl to another using chopsticks. Doesn't sound difficult? They have to use their non-dominant hand.

It was really a ridiculous sight seeing the wonderfully handsome SHINee boys struggling to keep the nuggets up in the air long enough till they reached their destination, while their hands were shaking as if they were breaking into spasm.

Only the apt-at-everything Key umma could do it well since he handled all matters at the kitchen in SHINee and holding the chopsticks with his left hand was nothing to him. The rest of the SHINee members were having a hard hard time, and looked like complete amateurs with the chopsticks they originally worked so well with with their right hand.

Problem only came when Onew kept eating the nuggets till there were too little left to play the game and the SHINee boys just gave up on the idea completely.

While his hyungs were having truck loads of fun, Taemin found himself unable to concentrate on the games and his mind began trailing off to Jooyeon.

He met her everyday at school and had to admit that after the Himchan -pool incident, they grew just a tinsy bit closer. He looked out for her everyday and would try to get himself to catch glimpses of the day ahead before going to school, so that he knew what to look out for to protect her.

But his ability didn't come with the freedom to know exactly what he wanted to. Flashes came at random whether he wanted them to come or not, and he couldn't control what he was going to see.

That made him slightly scared sometimes incase he didn't foresee something important. And at these times, he had this gnawing feeling at his chest that made him uncomfortable and squimish until that particular flash finally decided to reveal itself to him.

And that was exactly how he was feeling right then.

He knew something was going to happen. But he didn't know what. That stupid flash just refused to surface no matter how hard Taemin concentrated, and it was one of the biggest uncertainty he faced ever. Talk about irony coming from the boy who could read the future.

Taemin rolled over to lay on his stomach as he flipped his phone about. There weren't any texts or calls from Jooyeon. Nothing.

Yet.

He told himself that nothing was wrong. If something cropped up, she would call him right? She trusted him enough to do so. He took several breaths, trying to ease the feeling when suddenly it came.

The flash he was waiting for.

Taemin squeezed his eyes shut as the flash ran through his mind, and he tried to catch all the details.

Screams. Shrieks. Snickers.

Taemin's eyes snapped opened and he gulped. Beer. Alcohol. Danger.

He jumped up from the seat and burst out of the door abruptly, his face pale with shock. The SHINee boys blinked in surprise at their maknae's sudden behavior. Key frowned and called out to him. "What happened Tae?" he hollered.

Taemin risked a few second delay by turning back to answer. "I finally know. I finally know how he made her cry." he whispered. "He's going to do it tonight."

 

 

Jooyeon spun a full round in front of the mirror. She was in a hot pink tank top together with hot short shorts. She put on bangles and earrings, looking totally unlike her usual self.

However she wasn't exactly sure if she like this new her she was seeing. It's just...not her.

She pulled at her shorts desperately, not used to how much skin they exposed. She had opted for shorts instead of a mini skirt because she knew that being the klutz she was, it'd be deadly if she fell when she was wearing a piece of cloth that barely covered her .

The tank top clung tightly against her body even though Jooyeon had chosen one of the most decent tank tops out there that didn't show half her cleavage or revealed what colour her bra was.

She felt highly uncomfortable. Uneasy. Vulnerable. But she shook her head and gave herself a smile. "It's okay Oh Jooyeon. You'll get used to this. Do this for Himchan oppa!" she cheered herself on.

With a bright smile, she tip toed out of the house, hoping that no one would catch her dressed so skimpily. Fortunately, Sehun was too busy playing Warcraft while her parents were too engrossed watching Running Man to notice her.

She slipped out of the door and heaved a sigh of relief, only to suk the air back into her lungs abruptly when she gasped.

"Taemin!" she exclaimed in surprise.

Taemin frowned as he looked at her up and down, trying to dress like one of those s. But she was failing miserably because even though she was more beautiful than any of those girls, she didn't have that sort of flirtatious air to her.

"Don't go, Yeon." Taemin panted, still catching his breath from running all the way there from Jonghyun's house. "Don't go to Himchan's party."

Jooyeon frowned. "How did you know I was going to Himchan's?" she questioned with raised brows.

Taemin closed his eyes and looked painfully at her. "That's not the point right now, Yeon." he muttered. "You can't go. I finally saw what happened, I finally saw the flash that revealed what he's going to do to you."

Taemin took one of her hand and gazed into her eyes pleadingly. "Just listen to me for once Yeon. Don't go. You're only going to get yourself hurt."

Jooyeon twisted her hands away, glaring at him. "Is this about Himchan oppa and me again?" she snapped. "I don't care what you say, Taemin. But I'm going to this party and it's final." she huffed.

"IT'S FATE!" Taemin blurted. Jooyeon looked at him curiously whe he fumbled over his words.

"I don't know how to explain this Yeon." Taemin whispered brokenly. "But it's fate. You and him aren't meant to be. If you continue insisting in believing in this lie, you'll only hurt yourself. I promised not I get you hurt, I promised to protect you didn't I?" he asked softly.

Jooyeon hesitated for an instant. Those eyes were changing her mind.

"Please Yeon." Taemin begged. "Don't go. You'll just get yourself a bucket of tears and heartbreak. Please."

For a moment, Jooyeon wanted to nod and let Taemin hug her. To ease the uneasiness she felt in her while she was dressed, trying to be someone else.

Then she remembered why she was trying so hard in the first place.

"Himchan oppa is my first love, Taemin. I'll never let him go so easily." Jooyeon whispered. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but even if it's fate, I want to change it."

With that, she stomped hard on Taemin's feet, causing him to loosen his grip on her. She slipped away and flagged the nearest cab, hopping on and driving off in less than a blink of an eye.

Taemin clutched his sore foot and cursed. "Aish!" he muttered. "This is bad."