I can read minds

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

After the pool incident, Himchan glared and hissed at Taemin at every possible moment he had. But he couldn't really blame Taemin for it, since Taemin didn't exactly cause him to fall into the pool of , did he?

He just didn't save Himchan from his ty fate.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, which was more of a blessing in Taemin's eyes. He didn't think he would be able to control it if Himchan did anything else to Jooyeon. And he wasn't sure there were other pools left to curb his anger just in time.

Sehun had a new form of respect for Taemin, even though he didn't know that Taemin could actually read the future. He was secretly a full fledged Taemin-Jooyeon supporter behind the walls of his bedroom, if his mind left the thoughts of Sunmi long enough to think about his sister.

The students finally filed into the buses to go back to Seoul and back to home at the end of the day. Himchan had already called a cab to go home, not able to stand being covered head to toe in . Daehyun had followed along, not expressing any emotion like always. "No comment" was his trademark, really.

Sehun bounded over to Sunmi and smiled. "Sunmi noona, let's sit together!"

Sunmi blinked. "But what about Jooyeon? I thought I was..." she turned to look at her friend.

Instead, she saw Jooyeon asleep and curled up on the bench they were sitting on while they waited for the bus to arrive. Taemin was watching her with a soft smile lighting his face as he curled a lock of her hair behind her ear, brushing some other strands away from her face.

When the bus arrived, Taemin gently carried Jooyeon bridal style, and shot everyone a look to be quiet. He carried her up the bus, careful not to make a noise as he gently placed her down on one of the seats.

He plopped himself beside her quickly and let her head fall on his shoulder while he her hair.

*She must be tired from all the work.*  Taemin softened. *What a Stubborn Yeon.*

The other students filed into the bus and Sehun grinned at Sunmi. "I don't think noona would want to sit with you anymore Sunmi noona." he grinned. "Want to sit with me? I can lend you my shoulder too."

Sunmi gave a laugh and slapped his arm playfully as they got up onto the bus. Onew looked around for a partner to sit with and he eyed Baekhyun at the corner.

Baekhyun blinked as Onew bounded towards him with a bright smile and sat down beside him, offering chicken as a reward for a seat partner.

Baekhyun mentally slapped his face. *Onew hyung is another version of D.O. that doesn't like chocopies but instead chicken.*

He glanced at Onew as he even started talking to the chicken drumstick he was eating and he nodded to himself. *Yep. Definitely similar.*

 


Kai bit his lip nervously as he walked up the stairs. His heart pounded hard in his chest as he raised his hand to knock on the door.

He had originally went over to the Oh family house to look for Sehun to waste time and hang out, but just when he reached the house, Sunmi also arrived.

Sehun, who had originally been bored out of his wits from laying around the whole day, brightened at the sight of Sunmi and promptly forgot about Kai, even though he was the one who begged Kai to go over.

He magically whipped out two tickets to the hottest movie at the moment and offered Sunmi the other ticket.

And that was how he pleaded with Kai using his overwhelming aegyo to get Kai to accompany Jooyeon while he got to be with Sunmi instead.

Kai closed his eyes for a moment as he read Jooyeon's thoughts from outside the room. *Aish why isn't Sunmi coming yet?* she thought.

Kai gulped. She was looking forward to meeting her friend, would she like seeing him instead?

Nevertheless, he knocked. The door opened to reveal a very surprised Jooyeon, whose hair was in her usual untamed mess and in a large hoodie. "Kai?" she gasped in surprise.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he explained how Sehun had whisked Sunmi away and now they were the only two left for each other. Jooyeon rolled her eyes. "That Aegyo king..." she muttered. "To think he just stole my friend from me like that."

Kai's face fell. Did she not like him being here? Did she want him to go? Did she prefer someone else's company? Did she-

"But at least you're here!" Jooyeon smiled brightly. "Thank goodness you didn't abandon me here or I'll just die of boredom, no joke intended." she grumbled.

Kai's lips twitched up in a small smile as he followed Jooyeon into her room. She was sincere in what she said, as supported by evidence in the thoughts in her head. And that made Kai feel happy, because when she said she liked him being here, it wasn't just something she said out of politeness.

"Awww what should we do?" she muttered. "It's so boringggg~" she pouted as she surfed the channels with the remote and not stopping at any particular show.

She finally stopped it at one of the Korean dramas where the female and male lead were quarreling. Apparently, the male had hidden the truth from the female and she was fuming mad.

"Don't you think that if you want me to love you, you've got to be completely honest with me first?" the female snapped.

Jooyeon nodded as she hugged her pillow, watching intently. *True. Honesty is the best policy.*

Kai lowered his gaze as he considered this. *Is honesty really the best policy?* he wondered. *Should I tell noona about my powers? What if it makes me look like a freak?*

"But it's embarrassing and I don't know what you'll think about it!" the male lead protested.

The female lead frowned at her partner intensely. "So?" she questioned. "If you had told me, I would have learned to accept the way you are and I'll love you eventually. But lying and hiding the truth is definitely not the way!"

Kai gulped. Is this it? Is this heaven giving him a hint that he should be honest for once?

"N-noona." Kai called, unsure.

"Hm?" Jooyeon responded half heartedly, wondering if there were still macadamia cookies at home.

"You like them?" Kai blurted at her mental image of freshly baked cookies.

Jooyeon blinked and turned to look at him curiously. "Like what?"

"Macadamia cookies." Kai responded, his cheeks slightly tinged with pink. "You like them, noona?"

"Yeah! They're my favorite!" Jooyeon exclaimed enthusiastically. "Especially if they're gooey and gluey insid-..." she faltered. She frowned and looked at him. "How did you know I like macadamia cookies?"

Kai his lips. "Uhm...you were thinking it, noona." Jooyeon scratched her head. "Huh? I wasn't aware I said my thoughts aloud...."

"No it isn't that." Kai wrinkled his nose. This sort of honesty thing was seriously a little difficult to do, especially when he wasn't that good with words. He was used to girls looking for him, going for him and wooing him. Not the other way round.

"I can read minds, Noona." Kai declared in his deepest voice.

Jooyeon looked at him for a second. *No way.*

"Yes way." Kai let out a small grin.

Jooyeon's eyes widened. *Did he just-*

"Yep I read your mind noona." Kai let out a low chuckle. "And now you're thinking what sort of sorcery this is and you're actually thinking of looking around the room for the hidden camera after you manage to chase me out of here."

Jooyeon's eyes were wide opened as she stared. "You can read my mind!" she gasped.

"I thought we established that fact a while ago." Kai rose his brows at her teasingly. Her face was the most interesting thing to watch. She wasn't able to hide any expressions even if her life depended on it. She everything she thought and felt was written so clearly in her mind, it was like Kai could read her emotions even without his power.

Jooyeon made a face and punched his arm lightly. "This is amazing!" she exclaimed. "Can you read what I'm thinking now?"

Kai raised his brows. "You hate math and econs, and you want to be a teacher when you grow up. You like kids and would love to have a daughter, and ... what?" he blinked.

Jooyeon grinned sheepishly. "I was wondering if you'd say that out loud."

Kai pushed her forehead lightly. "I will not say that I'm an arrogant robot." he muttered.

Jooyeon laughed and slapped his hands away. She looked at him and sighed enviously. "How I wish I have some sort of power too." she grumbled. "People here in Seoul are sure different."

Kai was too busy laughing and getting amused by her facial expressions to read her mind at that instant to find that she was thinking about Taemin and his powers.

*Does this mean that Taemin's powers are real as well?* she thought. *That i'm really his soulmate?*

She shook her head. *Nah. He must be lying. Kai is the real thing but he isn't.* she insisted.

She turned to Kai and smiled brightly again. "Now tell me what I'm thinking again!" she grinned.

Kai gave Jooyeon a look when he read her thoughts.

"I do NOT have a huge mouth noona. I think it looks perfectly fine with my face." he retorted.