Making up

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"Humph!" Jooyeon harrumphed as she approached her seat in the morning and ignored Taemin pointedly.

The Shinee boys looked at each other and sighed. She was still angry at Taemin? But it's been what....three days?

Taemin twisted his lips sadly. He knew Jooyeon was angry with him. He knew he should do something about it if he wanted for her to talk to him again.

But he didn't know what to do. Girls were so difficult to handle, really.

Girls were like bars of soap, Taemin thought. *You try to hold them too tight and they slip away from you.* he pouted.

Bracing himself again, he sent Jooyeon a wonderful smile. "Good morning Yeon!" he chirped.

Jooyeon made a face at him and looked away again, as if he said something unpleasant. Taemin grabbed at his hair frustratedly and pouted, biting his bottom lip that tutted out.

He looked at his Shinee hyungs for help, but all of them looked elsewhere when his gaze landed on them. Taemin leaned over to Jonghyun pleadingly. "Hyung, you've had the most girlfriends before." he whispered. "Help?"

Jonghyun shook his head fervently. "Nononono..." he said fearfully. "I know how to charm girls, not pacify them! Look at how long Jooyeon's been angry now. If I do something wrong, maybe she'll get angry with me instead!" he let out a squeak.

And trust me. Dinosaurs and squeaks DO NOT go together.

Taemin sighed dejectedly, until he caught Sunmi coming into class. Sunmi smiled brightly at Jooyeon and said good morning, which Jooyeon responded enthusiastically to.

The girls began talking about their previous day, and Sunmi apparently had a very good time watching the Hunger Games with Sehun.

Taemin smiled to himself. *Aha~ I should ask Sunmi for help!*

 


"Oh?" Jooyeon blinked. The day's lesson had just ended, and found a card on her desk all of a sudden, appearing out of nowhere.

She opened the small pink card and read its contents curiously, wondering who it was from.

Dear Yeon,

I'm sorry. I didn't know showing you my powers and telling you and Himchan would make you mad.

Forgive me?

From,
Your Soulmate

Jooyeon snorted as she held back a giggle. Who else could it have been besides that banana milk lover seriously.

*No wonder he had been secretive all day.* she thought as she made her way out of class. Taemin had been highly suspicious and restless in his seats. He had approached Sunmi during the break for reasons she was unable to fathom then, and kept sneaking glances at her during class.

She opened her locker to put her books in, when she saw something stuck on the outside of her locker. Another card.

Dear Yeon,

I really mean it when I say I'm sorry. Please don't ignore me anymore.

If you forgive me, come to the apple tree out at the front of school. I'll be waiting.

From,
Your Soulmate

Jooyeon bit her lips to force the smile down. Why is he so sweet? She could already imagine his large glittering eyes and adorable pout as he wrote those words.

Hugging her books to her chest, she walked slowly out to the front gate of the school. She stopped before she stepped out of the gates and peeked outside.

She saw the familiar Audi R8 parked outside and it's owner pacing around in front of it. Taemin was biting his lips and he played with his fingers behind his back, kicking at floor and glancing at his watch every now and then.

It was evident that he was experiencing extreme nervousness and Jooyeon softened. *He must be really sorry.*

"I guess...even if he's a dork sometimes, he's sincere when he's friends with me." She murmured.

She took a deep breath and went out of the gates, and immediately saw Taemin straightening up from the corner of her eyes. She pretended not to see him and walked past him.

She giggled when she saw his face falling, and his whole body slumping in disappointment.

She stopped just three steps away from him and slowly turned around. Taemin blinked and looked at her curiously.

"Ah..." Jooyeon pretended not to notice him. She shuffled back to the apple tree and the bark of the tree tenderly. "So it's here. I overshot."

Taemin's eyes widened and he gaped at her, not minding that his mouth was so wide apart, flies could be merrily entering its premises without a care in the world.

Jooyeon couldn't take it anymore, and she let out a giggle. "Yah Lee Taemin!" she waved her hands in front of his face.

Taemin didn't respond. Jooyeon could almost see the wheels turning in his head as he slowly figured out what she actually meant.

Taemin looked at her, blinking.

"Hello? Taemin there?" Jooyeon puffed her cheeks. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and poured. "Apple tree remember?" She gestures wildly.

Seeing how Taemin still didn't respond, she made a face and turned away. "Aish!" she harrumphed and stepped away. He asked for her to forgive him and he was there, and now he didn't respond to her. What was this?

"KYAAAAAA!!!"

A sudden shriek from behind her made Jooyeon spin around in surprise. She saw Taemin beaming brighter than the sun as he sped towards her. "Yah Lee Taemin what now hmmmmffffff!!"

Taemin leapt towards her and pulled her into his arms in one swift movement, knocking all air out of her lungs. He spun the two of them round in dizzy circles and smiled widely at her.

"You forgive me, Yeon?" he blurted in excitement.

Jooyeon blinked, slightly unfocused from his enthusiastic movements. "Eh? Oh Hm." she responded. "Yeah. That's what you said right. If I forgive you, come to this tree."

Taemin let out another shriek. "YEAAAAAA!!" he pumped his fists in the air. "Whoohoooo!!!"

Jooyeon shook her head in amusement as Taemin smiled wildly at her. "You really forgive me? You're really willing to talk to me again and not ignore me anymore?"

"Yeah." Jooyeon smiled wistfully.

Taemin beamed. "Thanks for forgiving me Yeon. You don't know how I suffered while you ignored me all these days." he pouted.

Jooyeon punched his chest lightly. "You're the one who made me angry in the first place." she pouted.

Taemin rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry?" he bit his lip.

He sighed and looked at her intently. "I know you don't like hearing bad things about Himchan." he muttered. "So I promise not to say that anymore."

"I promise not to mention anything about you and Himchan if that displeases you." he said firmly. "But there's one thing I'd like to make clear. Doesn't mean when I don't say it, I don't think it. I still think, or rather, know that Himchan and you won't turn out well, but I won't say it. Ok?"

Jooyeon softened. His eyes were pleading, his bottom lip trembling. The way he looked at her, she couldn't believe otherwise when he said he was suffering without her.

She nodded and held out her pinky. "Promise."

Taemin smiled and took her pinky with his. "Promise."

They smiled goofily at each other for several moments, until Taemin suddenly pulled her with him and hauled her into the car. Jooyeon let out a squeak of surprise as he buckled her seatbelt and proceeded with his own.

"What are you doing, Lee Taemin?" she shrieked. "Where are we going?"

Taemin sent her an adorable smile. "Celebrate!" he cheered. "Celebrate how my soulmate made up with me again!" he pumped his fists in the air for the second time.

"First, we eat. Then we go to the amusement park, then the roller coasters, and we take pictures at the photo booth, and let's my forget about getting banana milk along the way-" Taemin listed off his fingers.

Jooyeon chuckled. It seems it would take quite a lot of energy to catch up with his enthusiasm.

Watching him fuss over her, she softly smiled. *But I don't regret having you in my life, Lee Taemin.*