His cousin?

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

Jooyeon was glad to be by herself for once. Taemin had extra dancing classes, Sunmi had to do design the poster for health club, and Sehun went out with the rest of EXO-K.

She finally let out a sigh as she picked up her bag, ready to get home. Many things were on her mind right then.

Her minor thoughts were about what Taemin had told her about his parents. She had said that she thought it was just lies to tease or frighten her, but inside she knew better.

Someone like Taemin wouldn't do something like that. He could get whoever and whatever he wanted. He was capable and handsome at the same time, being talented in dancing and singing.

Someone like that didn't need to put himself down to gain sympathy to get something he wanted.

But despite knowing that it was most probably true, Jooyeon feverishly told herself over and over again that Taemin was just pranking her.

Because if she didn't, she'd soften at the sight of him. Because even though logic told her not to, she would start caring for him.

And she didn't want that, not when she was already dating Himchan.

Which led to the bulk of her thoughts: How to get rid of Lee Taemin.

She was desperately thinking of measures of keep him away from her, even venturing to thinking of bringing banana milk every day to school to bribe him away from her for just a few precious minutes.

Jooyeon was just into her final stages of her banana milk plan, when she almost walked into someone. Some one tall.

Or rather, that someone had cleverly positioned himself in front of her so that she would meet him.

Jooyeon saw the pair of familiar black converses she saw everyday when she went to  get her books from the lockers. "Kai!" Jooyeon smiled at him.

Kai smiled bashfully at her, a cute crooked smile hanging by his lips. "Hey noona."

Jooyeon looked around him and frowned. "Why aren't you with the rest of the Exo-k guys, Kai?" she asked curiously. "I heard from Aegyo king that you guys are going to the movies today."

Kai gulped. *Because I read your mind when we were at the hallways earlier and found out that you were going home alone today.* he facepalmed himself. *You can't possibly say that you idiot.*

He coolly shrugged, as if this whole meeting wasn't planned and was just a whole lot of coincidence.

"I'm going to the library, Jooyeon noona." he gave a half smirk. "Don't tell me you don't even know that there's a library near your house?"

Jooyeon stuck her tongue out at him. "Yeah yeah. Laugh at the newbie in the neighborhood." she grumbled. They walked side by side and Kai relished how their shoulders would collide once in a while. Even though Jooyeon took no notice of it, it took all of Kai's determination not to react everytime they touched.

"So...I heard Himchan Sunbae and noona are dating." Kai muttered casually, though carefully scrutinizing her every reaction.

To his disappointment, Jooyeon brightened significantly when she ears about her beloved boyfriend. "Yeah!" she exclaimed, her eyes dreamy and full of adoration. "Sometimes I would still wake up in the middle of the night and wonder if it's a dream. I mean, Himchan oppa actually picked me!" she squealed.

Kai remained silent. *I can think of a lot of reasons why he should pick you. But somehow, I don't think he sees you for any of those reasons, noona.*

He bit his lip, wanting to change the topic. He wasn't really good with the conversing type of stuff. Taemin had always been the one to make girls coo at how cute he was, but Kai just charmed the girls with his silent coolness.

"Don't you think Himchan oppa's like Draco Malfoy?" Jooyeon suddenly blurted. "I mean, he's handsome and everything. Things he do, like drinking and smoking may not be what the perfect student does, like how Draco Malfoy joined the Death Eaters and all that, but both of them are just so breathtakingly gorgeous don't you think?"

Kai broke into a smile. "I suppose you like Draco then?"

"OF COURSE!" Jooyeon exclaimed, as though horrified at the fact that someone might NOT like her beloved. Oh well, second beloved besides Donghae.

"Don't you read Harry potter?" Jooyeon asked. She sang a little part of the song to herself, smiling at her favorite childhood read.

Unexpectedly, Kai continued the song where she left off. Jooyeon spun around to look at him in surprise. "You know?"

Kai chuckled. "I never said I didn't." he shrugged. "Caucasian women aren't my thing though. More like my hyung's." he added as he thought how Taemin liked Emma Watsons.

"That's awesome!" Jooyeon clapped happily. "Harry Potter is by far the best book I've ever read, just second to Jane Austen's Pride and prejudice. That's a classic." she added.

"I love the Dramione couple!" she squealed. Kai blinked confusedly. "Dra...mione?" he asked, not knowing what that was.

"Draco and Hermione!" Jooyeon explained. "I think they look so good together. If only she didn't end up with Ron, even though they were like childhood best friends and all that, but don't you think it'd be unexpected if she ended up with Draco instead?"

Kai thought about it. "Definitely. But most readers won't be able to accept it because Draco wasn't the one she was supposed to be with."

Jooyeon shrugged. "Sometimes, things just turn out that way." she murmured. "Even if things result in something that wasn't expected, that wasn't meant to be, doesn't mean it's not necessarily for the best right?" she smiled her pretty smile.

Kai thought about it. *Thats right. Even if you and Himchan are together right now, it doesn't mean you being with me isn't going to be a better thing.* he thought.

"I just wish I had all the book of the Harry Potter series." Jooyeon commented briefly. "They're too expensive for my poor pocket." she patted her jeans pocket which jingled with her spare change.

"I can lend you." Kai offered. He initially thought it would be too eager of him to offer his prized books to her, but retracted all doubts when she spun towards him happily. "Really?"

Kai chuckled. "Neh noona."

Jooyeon squealed and jumped up and down. "You're the best Kai!" she beamed. She looked at him and smiled. "And you should smile more often. That cool look you always wear at school's boring."

Kai's eyes widened. *She notices me at school.*

"Well it might help of you tell me dear brother Sehun to be so cute all the one either." she grumbled. "He complains about the fangirls when he doesn't know he's attracting them all the time with his aegyo!"

Kai pouted lightly. So she wasn't watching him exactly, but she did see him right?

All of a sudden, the both of them stopped in their tracks when they saw a guy and girl walk past them.

"Himchan oppa?" Jooyeon squeaked.

Himchan had his arms slung foun the girl's shoulders and they were walking too closely to be friends.

"He told me..." Jooyeon muttered. "He told me that he had some family matters today.."

Kai clenched his jaw as everything worked out. That bastard was cheating.

"Noona, do you want me to go up there and beat hi-" Kai started.

"Oh no don't interrupt them!" Jooyeon exclaimed. Her eyes lingered on Himchan's disappearing figure. "I'm sure that's just his cousin."

*His cousin. It must be.*