Cho Kyuhyun ~ ballad king

Dream High 3

6th Character: Cho Kyuhyun

 

Super Junior's 13th member and maknae

Super Junior's main vocalist, lead dancer.

3rd Feb 1988

Took part in Immortal Song 2 and won

Came 2nd in Chin Chin music festival 2005, Soyeon came 1st.


 

Background

 

His father was against him becoming a singer, his father wanted Kyuhyun to become a lawyer instead but Kyuhyun's mind was set somewhere else.

He made a deal with his father that if he was rank 1 in his school year, he would be allowed to pursue music and become an idol, his father agreed to the deal because he thought that although Kyuhyun was smart, he would never come first.

Kyuhyun did come first and his father agreed to Kyuhyun's choice of becoming an idol. On April 2007, Kyuhyun with 4 other members were in an accident. Kyuhyun had the most injuries, and suffered from a fractured hip, facial bruises and more.

The doctors believed that he could only be saved by drilling a hole in Kyuhyun's neck but it would end his music career. His father immediately rejected the suggestion and said that Kyuhyun wouldn't be able to live without music. An older doctor though of a different way to treat Kyuhyun without affecting his voice.

Kyuhyun was discharged after 78 days.

 

Family background :

 

Father owns an academy for the gifted and talented in Seoul while Kyuhyun's mother runs an art academy and a cafe. He has a sister, Cho Ara. After the accident, Kyuhyun and his father formed a strong bond.

 

Personality :

 

He is very kind and honest, due to the accident, Kyuhyun felt  that s would feel sorry for him, therefore, he started becoming more open and confidence towards s thus gaining the nickname 'Evil Kyu' and 'Evil Maknae'

He started playfully bullying s even Leeteuk, the leader and is known for his witty remarks and comments during shows. He can be a bit of a flirt if he likes a girl. Kyuhyun loves his band members  and he also knows how good his vocals are, causing him to be a show-off sometimes.

 

He was the school president for a lot of years and also the best at maths in his father's academy. He is also very popular at Kirin Academy.