06

Haunted

The next morning felt a bit hazy to me. Well actually, the whole day felt hazy. I couldn't even remember when I woke up. Was I really having memory loss issues? I tried not to think too much about it and carried on with my day. 

I then realized that it was sometime in the afternoon. I had successfully slept through the previous night's dinner somehow. I sighed in relief and went downstairs. 

"What happened to you last night? It was impossible to wake you up. Baekhyun's parents were quite disappointed, you know," my mother said from the living room. 

I frowned. "I don't know, I wasn't feeling too well. I didn't even realize I fell asleep," I lied. 

"Well, they had very important news to share with you," my dad said. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and joined them in the living room. "Like what?" 

"They buried his body in China," my mom said bluntly.

My heart stopped. "China?" They both nodded. "Why on earth would they bury him all the way over there?!" I quickly felt my heart start racing as my blood started to boil. 

"It was their decision. You shouldn't be so upset. They are his parents after all." 

"I don't understand. Why China?" 

"His father's company is opening a subunit over there, so they're moving there and they wanted their son to be with them as well."

"That's selfish of them," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. 

My dad sighed. "You were just his girlfriend. You have to remember that." 

"Just his girlfriend? I can't believe you guys think this is okay," I said storming up to my room. 

I collapsed into my bed. This wasn't the kind of closure I wanted. 

---

I woke up in my dream again; surprisingly on Baekhyun's chest. I looked up at his face and he was still asleep. It was quite confusing going to sleep and waking up in a dream; especially since it was morning in this one. I pulled myself up and gently placed a kiss on his cheek. He made a few whining noises before his eyes fluttered open.  

"Oh, hello," he said with a smile. "Have you been awake long?" I shook my head as I sat up. He pulled me back down onto his chest. "I just want to stay like this for a while. We haven't really done this in a while, you know?" he said while caressing my hair with his other hand. 

"I guess not," I said with a sigh. The earlier conversation with my parents was still lingering in my mind.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked. Even in dreams, he still had the ability to know when I was upset. 

"Your parents buried you in China." 

"Oh, really?" he said with a chuckle.

I quickly sat up and glared down at him. "Why is that funny?" 

"This is still a dream to you, isn't it?" he said, also sitting up and matching my gaze. 

"I'm really not in the mood for this, Baekhyun," I said with a pout. 

He grabbed my hand and placed it in his own as he it with his thumb. "I'm sorry, continue on." 

"There's not really much else to say. I just don't know why they wouldn't consult me first about this. My dad even said that my opinion shouldn't matter because it's ultimately your parents' decision." 

"Why should it even matter where my body is anyways? I'm here now, aren't I?" 

"Yeah, but-"

"But what? Maybe it's better that it's in China. I wouldn't want you spending all of your time at a cemetery." 

I had never really thought of that before. If his body was here in Korea, I would probably spend all of my time there without a second thought.

I heaved a sigh. "I guess you're right." 

A knock interrupted the silence. I stared at the door wondering who it could be. After the accident, no one, other than Baekhyun, had ever appeared in my dreams before. I muttered a 'Come in,' and the door slightly opened as Sehun poked his head into the room. He sheepishly smiled and said, "I didn't interrupt anything, did I?" I shook my head and he opened the door wider and let himself in. "Baekhyun Hyung, the guys were wondering if you wanted to come down to the dance studio today." 

Baekhyun's face lit up. "Really?" He looked over at me and said, "Only if it's okay with her." 

"O-of course you can go," I said with a reassuring smile. 

A wide grin grew on his face as he embraced me in a hug. "We'll hang out after, okay?" I walked them down the stairs and bid them goodbye at the door. Before completely leaving, Baekhyun stood in front of me and said, "I'll take you out to dinner tonight." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and placed a sweet, gentle kiss on my lips. It felt so much more real than his kisses have ever felt in dreams. Before he could pull away, I placed my hands behind his neck to ensure that  the kiss would last a bit longer. 

"Hyung, come on!" Sehun whined from the sidewalk. Baekhyun smiled against my lips and pulled away, leaving his forehead on mine. 

"We can continue this later. I promise," he said giving me one last kiss and walking away with Sehun.

I didn't really understand what was going on with my dreams. They never continued from the previous dream and it would always be just me and Baekhyun. They've never felt so real before either. Maybe I was just getting better at dreaming...

 

 

 

I shouldn't be updating... But I couldn't resist. LOL. It's okay, I'm taking the SAT again in September... Oh gosh, I have the worst mentality ever. xD
Thank you all for your lovely comments~ <3