05

Haunted

My dream started out much different than it ever had before. 

No one ever really knows how dreams begin, or rather; they don't remember how their dreams begin. But I never remember starting a dream off waking up in my own bed. It wasn't even morning, although the bright moonlight could've tricked me otherwise. 

I sat up in bed feeling a bit groggy, a feeling I didn't think was possible to feel in dreams. But then again, anything is possible in a dream, so why was I questioning everything so much? 

As my senses were slowly coming back to me, I noticed the silhouette of someone sitting at the end of my bed and jumped. My dreams have never felt this real before. He turned his head and the bright moonlight glowed onto his perfect features. I sighed as I relaxed my nerves. Of course it was a dream. "Oh, it's just you."

"Just me?" he said with a questioning voice. 

"Yeah, you scared me there. Maybe it's just because my dreams never start out like this," I said crawling over and placing myself next to him. 

"Dream...? You think this is a dream?" he asked looking down at me. 

I sighed. "You already played this trick on me before, Baekhyun. It's not going to work again," I said, remembering the time.

It was already a month after his death. He had told me that my dream, in fact, was not a dream. I don't know why I believed him. Maybe it's just because I wanted to believe it was real. Although, it hurt a lot more than it should have when I saw him get hit by the same car. You could say I wasn't pleased with him the next night. 

"I don't really understand what you're talking about... Why would you think this is a dream?" 

I was starting to get fed up. "If you're just going to keep pestering me with questions that you already know the answer too, I'd rather just wake up. Your parents are here, you know." 

"Wake up? But... you are awake and my parents left a while ago," he stated with a confused expression. 

"Well, I guess I'm technically awake. Like, subconsciously awake? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist," I said, grabbing his hand. He seemed pleased by the touch and his confused expression went away. "And you're parents did leave a while ago, but they're back I guess." 

And his confused expression was back. "Are you okay?" he asked, pressing the back of his hand against my forehead. "Well, you're not running a fever..." He observed me a bit more. "Everything seems okay... So, why do you think this is a dream?" 

I rolled my eyes. Why was he still going along with his immature, little trick? "Because you're dead, Baekhyun." 

His mouth dropped open. "I'm dead?" Then a look of realization struck his face. "Oh right... I guess I am dead..." 

I slowly nodded as I spoke. "Yes, you explained this all to me in the first dream, remember?" 

"First dream? You've had these 'dreams' more than once?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yes, Baekhyun. Every night, as a matter of fact. But you should know that already." 

"I should?" 

This dream's Baekhyun was starting to get on my nerves. He wasn't cute and clever like the other one. Well, I guess he was still cute. Especially that confused, little face of his.

"Yes, Baekhyun. You should." 

"Are you sure this is a dream? Does it feel like a dream to you? Because it feels pretty real to me..." 

That was the final straw. "Yes, it's a dream. You're dead Baekhyun. You only sit here before me because you only exist in my subconscious mind," I said with a harsh tone. 

He threw both of his arms up in the air. "Okay, okay. Calm down. Yes, this is a dream. I'm sorry for upsetting you, Miss Psychologist." 

I chuckled. There was the Baekhyun I knew and loved. "Well, all your questions made me tired again, so I guess I'm just going to end it," I said kissing him on the cheek and crawling back into my bed. "Be careful out there. Even though your fate is kind of inevitable..." 

"You want me to leave?" 

I stared at him questioningly for a moment. "That's how my dreams usually end. You get hit by that car..."

He stayed sitting. contemplating something in his mind for a while. "Well, I'd rather not tonight. Do you think I could just sleep here with you?" he asked with pleading eyes.

Well, if I woke up in this dream, going back to sleep should end it regardless if he dies or not, right? "I guess it couldn't hurt," I said with a shrug.

A smile grew on his lips as he crawled into my bed next to me. He patted his chest, signaling for me to lie there, and I gladly complied. I snuggled into him and fell back asleep to the beating of his heart.

Maybe this dream's Baekhyun wasn't that bad.  

 

 

 

Yay for double updating! ^^ lol I can't sleep and I was excited for this chapter, so here you go. But the SATs are next Saturday, so I don't think I'll have time to update before then... Because I'll be studying... Unless I procrastinate... 
No. Procrastinating is bad. You hear that everyone?! It's bad! It's so very bad! lol i'll try to resist the urge, but I doubt it because I love writing this fic so much~