15

Haunted

"Really?" After hearing that I actually had a chance of waking up, a bit of my hope of returning back to reality was restored. "How?"

"Baekhyun basically opened a door to your subconscious. I'm pretty sure if you find that door, you'll be able to regain consciousness."

"Really? That's it? That seems simple."

"You really think I'm going to let you go find it?" I frowned.

Obviously he wouldn't let me find it. I would be gone from him forever, until I fell back asleep at least... It was then that I realized I couldn't simply just 'find the door'. I could find the door, walk through it, and wake up, but as soon as I fell back asleep, an angry Baekhyun would be waiting for me and who knows what he would do then. I couldn't let that happen. I had to kill him. 

I never once thought that I would ever have the thought of actually killing anyone, let alone Baekhyun, before. Sure, I've probably joked around about it before, but actually killing someone definitely wasn't something I'd ever even dream of doing. Although, here I am, in a dream, about to kill someone. 

But I had to remember that it was all in my mind. This Baekhyun wasn't real. He only exists in my mind and my mind only. Killing him would finally be the end of my misery. I would no longer be haunted by a being that my own subconscious mind created. 

The only problem was how I would kill him. Other than those machines and a supposed 'door' there was nothing but void, empty space. There was no way I was strong enough to kill him with my own bare hands. I took taekwondo classes with Baekhyun when I was younger, but that was years ago. Considering I really had no weaponry to choose from, I had to rely on techniques that I barely even remembered. I decided against the idea and tried to come up with something else. Then it hit me. 

I slowly walked over to Baekhyun, grabbed his tie and pulled him down for a rough kiss. The only way I could ever get a chance to try and choke him with his tie was to distract him. He didn't seem to hesitate at all and kissed back. I was able to push his shoulders down so that he was forced to sit on the ground. I pushed him even further so that he was laying on the ground. He smirked as I hovered over him. He didn't know what was coming for him. 

I gently caressed my hand along his cheek before whispering in his ear. "Goodbye, Baekhyun." I wasted no time and quickly took hold of his tie and pulled with all of my strength. He tried fighting back, but I kept a firm hold of the tie. I watched as his face turned blue and his arms fell limply to his sides. I sighed and released the tie. I stood up and stared down at the lifeless Baekhyun. I almost felt bad for killing him, but I quickly remembered that he wasn't real and that the real thing was waiting for me on the other side of that door. 

I wandered around the red space at a quick pace searching for the door. I never realized how big the void actually was until now. Everywhere I went was just a blank red space and I couldn't even tell if I was walking in circles or if I was walking further and further away from where I originally was. I quickly grew impatient finding nothing, but I continued my search. After what seemed like hours of wandering, I still found nothing but emptiness. I collapsed to the ground and tried to catch my breath. 

I thought that being with an evil being in such an empty space was bad, but nothing seemed to be worse than being alone in a world of nothing. A tear escaped from my eye as my head dropped in defeat. "I just want to go home," I whimpered. I lifted my head and before me was a door only a few feet in front of me. That wasn't there before, I thought. 

I placed myself back on my feet and stared at the door. I took a deep breath. On the other side of the door was the life I had been waiting so long to live. I stepped towards it and placed my hand on the knob. I took one more deep breath before turning the knob and walking through. 

---

My eyes quickly shot open and I was blinded by the whiteness of the room. I slowly sat up and looked around at my surroundings. I was hooked up to several machines that I assumed were keeping me alive this whole time. I sighed in relief. I was finally awake. 

"You're awake!" I looked to my right and my brother got up from his chair and quickly embraced me. "I never thought you'd wake up! I have to call everyone over here!" he said pulling away and pulling out his phone. "Oh my god, Baekhyun is going to be so happy," he said placing the phone by his ear. 

"Baekhyun?" I asked. "Who's that?" 

Sehun narrowed his eyes at me before speaking to the phone. "Yeah, she's awake. Hurry and come down here!"  He placed his phone back in his pocket and asked, "What did you just say?" 

"Who's Baekhyun?" I repeated. 

"Please tell me you're joking," he said with a dumbfounded expression. 

The doctor walked in before I could answer him. "Ah, you're finally awake. I knew you'd come around. How are you feeling?" 

"I feel perfectly fine," I said with a small smile. 

"Um, she's not fine. She can't remember who Baekhyun is!" Sehun exclaimed. 

The doctor tilted his head down and stared at me incredulously. "Why on earth would she forget who Baekhyun is?" 

My brows furrowed as I looked back and forth between Sehun and the doctor. Who was this Baekhyun person they were talking about? 

A group of people walked in that I recognized as my parents and neighbors. An unknown boy ran up to me and embraced me in a tight hug. He pulled away and placed his hands on my shoulders before leaining in. My eyes widened as I pushed his face away from mine. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" 

"My girlfriend's been in a coma for a month. I think I'm allowed to kiss her after so long, no?" 

"But I don't have a boyfriend..." The boy's arms dropped to his side as he slowly straightened up.

He looked at the doctor with a frown. "Why doesn't she remember me?" 

"I don't know. She didn't get a concussion. I don't know why she would be suffering any brain damage..."

"Does she remember who we are?" 

"Of course I remember who you guys are. You live across the street from me," I said looking at my neighbors. 

"That's strange. She remembers Baekhyun's parents, but she doesn't remember Baekhyun. How long have they known each other?" the doctor asked. 

"Our entire lives," the boy that I assumed was Baekhyun said. 

"Interesting," the doctor said approaching me. "You remember who your brother is, right?" I nodded. "That's strange. Sehun didn't come into her life until after she met you. Usually patients can only remember up to a certain time. They usually don't forget one person." 

"What are you guys talking about? I've never met this boy in my life." 

 

 

:c

I'M SORRY FOR ALWAYS SPAZZING TO YOU GUYS, BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. EXO WAS AT DISNEYLAND TODAY. DISNEYLAND. THAT'S LIKE MY FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH. I GO EVERY YEAR. MY DAD EVEN SAID I COULD GO THERE TODAY BUT I HAVE NO MONEY. T_T IT'S SO FRUSTRATING BEING SO CLOSE TO THEM, YET BEING SOOO FAR. ._. My friends keep telling me that I'm crazy and that they're just people, but THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND. T^T I'm not even seeing them at smtown tomorrow. D; But at least you guys understand my poor fangirl feelings, right? .-.
On the bright side... Exo performed as one on Inkigayo today. c: