14

Haunted

I sat on the floor of the empty red space, hugging my knees. I was still in the same hospital gown and it was still quite cold. Baekhyun sat across from me with his hands behind him propping him up. He would often try to strike up a conversation, but I was in no mood to talk to him. After all, he was the reason for my impending death. 

"You're really not going to talk to me?" I blankly stared ahead trying to ignore his presence. "Don't you realize what I could do to you?" I inwardly sighed. There wasn't much else he could to me to make me feel worse. I wished that I could have at least slept until my death would come, but I guess sleep isn't really possible when you're dreaming, if that makes any sense at all. "Can't we just go back to old times?" 

I rolled my eyes and finally made eye contact with the boy. "Are you kidding me? You expect me to show affection to someone who basically killed me?"

"You're not dead yet," he muttered. I rolled my eyes again and turned around so I wasn't facing him. "Aren't you being a bit childish?"

"This is my mind. I can do whatever I want in here," I scoffed. 

"Hello?" a voice from afar said. 

I turned to look at Baekhyun. "There's someone else in here?" I whispered. 

"I don't know. Ever since you went through treatment, there hasn't been anyone in here," he said cautiously looking out for the unknown person.

The sound of footsteps became evident and soon enough, a figure was coming into vision. "Hello?" the unknown man repeated. Baekhyun and I stayed silent as he finally came close enough to see. My jaw dropped as I saw who it was. 

"Baekhyun?" I quietly asked. He looked at me with a confused expression. "Baekhyun, why is there another you in here?" I hastily whispered. 

He scratched his head. "I have no idea."

"Where am I?" the new Baekhyun asked. 

"You're in my mind..." 

"How did you get here?" Baekhyun asked.

The new Baekhyun's face scrunched up as he looked up in thought. It was one of my favorite habits that Baekhyun had. "I don't really know... I just ended up here I guess."

Baekhyun glared at me. "Did you figure out how to create another Baekhyun because you don't want to be with me?!" 

"I wish I could take credit for doing that, but sadly, no," I said, standing up. "But maybe this Baekhyun is better than you."

"What are you guys talking about?" the new Baekhyun asked. 

"I'm trapped in this never ending dream with that bastard," I said, glaring at Baekhyun. 

"This is a dream?" I nodded. The new Baekhyun seemed to contemplate something. "Hm, that would make sense. The last thing I do remember was going to sleep." 

"What?" Baekhyun stepped in, looking horrified. Could it have been that this new Baekhyun was actually the subconscious form of the real Baekhyun? Baekhyun paced back and forth before suddenly stopping. "Follow me," he said, quickly walking away. 

I glanced over at the new Baekhyun before following him. It seemed as though he was heading over to my hearing and sight contraptions. My suspicions were right as I saw Baekhyun turning the sight machine on. The screen was projected and there was a thin line of vision showing Baekhyun asleep in a chair. Baekhyun's head fell back as he rubbed his forehead in agony. 

"Hey, that's me," the new Baekhyun said. My brows furrowed as I glanced from the real Baekhyun on the screen to the new Baekhyun. He turned to look at me and asked, "How am I looking at myself?" 

"Aren't you more intrigued by the fact that there are two of you in here?" 

"I never really thought much of it I guess. I know this is a dream and anything can happen in them, but that really looks like I'm looking at the real world right now," he said approaching closer to the screen. 

I observed the screen and stared at the sleeping Baekhyun. His condition didn't seem to be getting better and I knew from experience that sleeping in hospital chairs was extremely uncomfortable. The door opened with a loud creek and the real Baekhyun woke up. I looked over to my right and the new Baekhyun was no longer there. 

A huge lump formed in my throat. "That really was the real Baekhyun, wasn't it?" 

Baekhyun heavily sighed. "Unfortunately, yes." He roughly ran a hand through his hair. "This is worse than getting hit by that damn car every night." 

"Why is it so bad?" 

"You might actually have a chance of waking up." 

 

 

 

ASDFGHJKL. EXO LANDED IN LOS ANGELES THIS MORNING. o_o OH MY GOD ALL 12 MEMBERS OF EXO ARE IN THE SAME CITY AS ME. AND I CAN'T SEE THEM. Even though they're just a few miles away I still have to stare at them through a computer screen. T_T *sigh* Life is so unfair sometimes. >.<  Oh, and sorry I haven't really updated that often. It's kind of crunch time at school right now... Just one more week left though and I'll be update a lot more! :D 
I'm confusing myself with so many Baekhyuns. o_o