10

Haunted

"You lied to me," I said breaking the thick silence in the room. After a long two hour session with the therapist, Baekhyun had walked into the room. Although I had talked to him plenty the day before, I considered this the first time talking to him since he came back. Considering the fact that I didn't really acknowledge him as a real person the day before. 

"I know. I'm sorry," Baekhyun said with his head held low. "It had just been so long since I've seen you and when I questioned you, you became upset and I just wanted you to be happy." 

"Yeah because I'm so totally happy now," I said with my voice dripping with sarcasm. "Why would you pretend that I was actually in a dream? Is my happiness really worth my sanity?" 

"You're not insane," Baekhyun said, finally meeting my eyes. 

"Well, the whole world seems to think otherwise."

"I don't." Even when I was angry at him, he somehow still managed to make my heart skip beats. But it still didn't excuse the fact that he was the main reason I was in the mental wing of a hospital. 

"Please leave," I said with no particular emotion. He stood up and stared at me for a long moment before heading out the door. I threw my head back on the bed and heaved a heavy sigh. I heard the door open again and rolled my eyes. "I thought I told you to leave." 

"Huh?" The voice didn't belong to Baekhyun. I lifted my head up and saw Luhan and Sehun standing at the door. "Can we come in?" Luhan asked. 

I nodded and they let themselves in. "What did you do to Baekhyun? He looks worse than he did when he got hit by the ca-" Luhan nudged Sehun before he could finish his sentence. I lightly smiled at Luhan as a thank you. 

"You shouldn't be so hard on him though," Luhan said, taking a seat in one of the chairs beside my bed. 

"Why? It's his fault that I'm here," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Not necessarily," Sehun said, also taking a seat. "The blame shouldn't be put on just one person." 

"He's right. Baekhyun didn't choose to be sent away to China for three months nor did he choose to hide that information from you," Luhan said as a matter of fact.

"He could have at least called..." I said with a small voice. 

"Have you even asked Baekhyun how he was? Do you even know what he's been through before coming back? Did you know that he's been in a coma for the past three months? How could he have called you?" Sehun pelted me with rhetorical questions as my heart sank deeper and deeper into my stomach. I was so caught up with my own problems that I didn't even think once about how Baekhyun was feeling. I didn't know anything about what he had been through. 

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, so I my side with my back facing the two. "I'm so stupid," I said letting the tears spill over. I unwillingly sniffled, making it evident that I was crying. 

I felt the bed sink behind my back. "Hey, please don't cry," Luhan said, rubbing my back. "We came here to make you feel better, not to make you cry."

It wasn't them I was upset with. I was more upset with myself. I knew that Luhan and Sehun didn't have the intentions of making me cry. They just wanted me to realize that I wasn't exactly being fair with how I was treating Baekhyun. 

With a sigh, I turned back on my back and sat up. "Baekhyun's sitting outside, right?" Luhan nodded. "Can you tell him to come back inside?" 

 

 

Super short chapter, but don't worry, I'll update again later tonight. c: Sorry if I'm not really updating that frequently... The last weeks of school are harder than they should be. All that procrastinating during the year piled all this make up work on myself. T__________T 
But omg you guys. Infinite is coming back this week. IM GOING TO DIE. THIS MEANS INFINITE AND EXO AND BAP WILL BE STANDING ON THE SAME STAGE. O__O Have any of you seen Dongwoo's hair lately?
ITS BLUE. haha 
And next week smtown will be in L.A. and I'll probably just be home. -___- It's sooooo expensive and Anaheim is kinda far from where I am ._. The Staples center would have been a much better location >.< Ugh whatever. T^T I might just drive to LAX and watch them walk to their car. HAHAHA