Always There

EXO Scenarios

"Okay, I'll see you there! Bye." I hung up the phone after talking to my boyfriend, Kris. We've been dating for about six months, and I'm gonna be spending my Saturday with him at a cafe. I was beyond excited to the say the least.

"You're going on a date with that Kris guy again?" My best friend, Lu Han asked. We've been best friends since that time when he moved here to Korea years ago, and he was picked on by our classmates back then for him having a weird accent and not being able to understand much Korean. I was the only one who talked to him and made friends with him, and we've been great friends ever since. We stood by each other through everything, and me having a boyfriend made him more protective of me, which I thought of as nice and considering, but a bit too much at times. 

"Yeah. I gotta go change." I hurried over to my bedroom. He followed me, and leaned back against the door. 

"I'm not sure about Kris." He said with his arms crossed as I quickly went to the bathroom to change.

"Back in a sec." I said to him before I slammed the bathroom door shut. After I changed clothes, I went out and saw him waiting by the bedroom door, still.

"What were you saying again?" I asked.

"I said that I'm not sure about that Kris you're going out with." He answered. "I mean, he seems like a total player. He doesn't look, you know, trustworthy."

"And how would you know?" I replied. "It's not like you dated him before or anything." I laughed at my own joke.

"No, seriously." He said. "I've heard girls talk about him cheating on his past girlfriends and stuff. Plus, he seems like a total ."

"And you believe them?" I said as I brushed my hair. "Kris's a nice and sweet guy. He'd never do that." I caught Luhan roll his eyes and shrug.

"I'm just saying, be careful with him. I know you've been together for a while, but I still don't trust the guy." He said sternly.

"Whatever." I said and hurriedly took my purse and headed outside. "Bye, Luhan! I'll talk to you later!" I waved at him goodbye and left my house with him to take care of it.

"Bye." He said and waved back. Kris didn't even pick her up from her own house.


I arrived at the cafe. I saw Kris waving at me at a nearby table.

"You came!" Kris exclaimed as I sat down in front of him. "I'm so glad you're here, Yejin." He said while staring at me with those dark eyes.

"Yeah, me too!" I said happily. A waitress suddenly came up to us and asked for our order.

"What do you wanna eat, baby?" He asked me.

"This chocolate cake looks really good." I said while looking at the menu provided.

"Great. We'll have two pieces of chocolate cake and two cups of milk tea." He said to the waitress.

"Thank you!" The waitress said and left us.

"So, tell me about your week at YG." He said, looking eager.

"Okay." I said. "I've been training for countless hours! I'm really tired, but I feel like--" He cut me off.

"Wait just one sec, okay? I gotta go to the bathroom." He said and quickly left our table.

"Okay.." I said softly without him even hearing it.

I waited for him for about ten minutes, and he finally came back.

"That was a long pee." I said to him. He laughed.

"Yeah, sorry, there were a lot of people in there." He said, chuckling in between.

"The restroom's only for one person." I said. "And there isn't any line outside there."

He blinked a few times and laughed. "Well, you got me! I had to take a--"

"I don't wanna know!" I exclaimed. We laughed for a while, and stopped, realizing how awkward we were.

"Okay, uh. Back to what you were saying a while ago.." He said. "How was YG?"

"Well, like what I said earlier, it was really really tiring to be training that consistently for long hours." I said. "But I still was really--" He cut me off again.

"Ayo, whattup Kris!" His friend, Chanyeol came up to us and jumped up his seat to greet him.

"Chanyeol!" He exclaimed. "Hey, Yejin, I gotta go talk to this guy for a bit. I'll be back!" The two walked off, laughing and babbling to each other. I sighed heavily. It's been only a few minutes and I'm already getting fed up. But then I realized that Kris left his cellphone on the table. I hesitated for a bit, thinking that I should look through his phone and see any texts from a different girl. But I trusted him, and I would be a bad girlfriend if I would do it. So I let it be. All of a sudden though, his phone started to ring. I looked at his phone and saw "Babe" on it. Could he be cheating on me? The phone answered it before I could.

"Hey, baby. Sorry for hanging up earlier, I was busy with my dance practice and my trainer made me hung up. Don't worry, I'll meet you later tonight. Bye, babe. I love you. Call me if you get this, alright?" The girl said.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. That lying bastard's been cheating on me all this time.

"Hey, Yejin!" Kris exclaimed as he sat down. He took his phone and looked at the call from his other girlfriend. "I'm really sorry, babe. I gotta make a call real quick. I'll be back."

"WAIT." 

"What?" He asked.

"Who're you calling?" I asked, even though I know it already. I just want to know if he'll say it.

"Uh.." He looked nervous. "My other friend, Kai!"

"Liar." I said. "Would Kai ever call you 'babe' and say 'I love you' like you two're in a relationship?"

He was speechless. He wasn't saying anything back.

"I-I can explain." He stuttered.

I raised my eyebrow. "I don't think you ever can, Kris." I took my bag and hurriedly left the table.

"Yejin! Wait." He grabbed me by the hand. I escaped from his grip.

"Bye, Kris." I went out of the cafe and took out my phone.

"Yejin! What's up?" Luhan asked cheerfully.

"You're right." I said.

"Huh?" He asked, confused. "Right about what?"

"About Kris being a total and a jerk and a dickhead and a--" I stopped from my rambling and took in a deep breath. "Just.. take me home."

There was dead air on the other line. I was ready to punch a hole in Kris' face, kick his crotch and shove a ten foot pole down his lying . I was so angry and hurt, but what can I do? I was made a fool, and I can't turn back time to prevent it from happening.

"I'll be there in five minutes." He said. "Wait for me there, okay?"

"Okay." I answered and hung up. I tried my best to hold the tears in. I waited outside the cafe for Luhan. But I was actually waiting for Kris to storm out of that cafe and ask to take him back. Which he didn't. He was still inside the cafe, chatting with Chanyeol. It was ridiculous. And I am an idiot for thinking that he actually cares for me.

A few minutes had passed and I saw Luhan's car. He went outside and came up to me.

"Where's that bastard?" He asked me angrily.

"No point in looking for him, Luhan." I said, looking down on the floor. "I wanna go home."

I went to the car door and Luhan quickly opened it for me. I went inside and we drove off back to my house.

On the way there, I tried to not cry. But Luhan looked as if he already knows I will. He handed me a piece of tissue.

"No use in holding them back in." He glanced at me as he gave me the tissue.

"I'm not going to waste my tears on someone who's not worth it." I said.

"You're right. But I can't stand it when you're trying to hold back your feelings." He said. "Just cry if you want to. If you don't then it'll only hurt you more."

"You want me to cry?" I asked him. He immediately turned his face to me, looking very hesitant to say what he was going to say.

"No I didn't mean that I just--"

"I know what you meant." I said as I looked out the window. He wanted me to cry so I could release all that pain and anger. But something in my mind keeps saying that I shouldn't.

We arrived at my house. He opened the car door for me, and I went outside. We walked to my house's front door. I unlocked it and opened it.

"You can come in, if you want." I said and he followed me inside. I sat down the couch, placing my hand on my forehead. I was tired, and very angry and hurt, I felt like my whole world was going to fall apart. I felt very weak. Luhan sat down beside me. He lifted my chin up and I faced him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Just a little tired, that's all." I said. He looked displeased with my answer, as if he didn't believe me. He suddenly gave me a very warm hug. I felt relaxed in his embrace. I felt... safe. I never felt so secure like that that I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I started to cry.

"Sshh.." He whispered softly as he hugged me. "It's okay."

I cried harder. I realized how stupid I was to trust Kris like that. I realized how much of an idiot I am for not believing Luhan, instead I took his opinion with a grain of salt, thinking that what he was saying didn't matter.

"I'm sorry.." I said in between my crying.

"You shouldn't be sorry." He said gently. "Kris should be the one who's sorry." He rubbed my back gently as I poured every single drop of pain through my tears. Luhan was always there for me. Even if he was hurt himself, he's still there to make me feel better. And this moment right here's another example of how great of a person he is. He looked at me with a comforting expression and wiped my tears away. He gave me a small smile.

"I hate seeing you cry, you know that?" He said to me as he cupped my face. "But I hate seeing you hurt yourself by holding it in even more."

I smiled back at him. Seeing him care this much for me makes me realize how even more stupid I am for not seeing this any sooner. It's Luhan. Luhan's the one. I recalled every single bit of my life with him. He was practically my knight in shining armor in every single pathetic situation I've ever been in. And no matter what it is, he's always there for me. Always.

"Listen, Luhan, I--"

"I love you." He suddenly said.

"What?!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He said as he let go of me. "You just went through a break up, I'm sorry. I'm so stupid. I'm really really stupid. I'm an idiot. I'm--"

I kissed him. From the looks of it, he was as surprised as me. When I stopped, his face was frozen. "I- I don't understand.."

"I love you too, Luhan." I said.

"R-really?" He stuttered. I nodded as a yes. I could see his eyes beaming and he leaned over to kiss me. Then he hugged me very tightly. "I love you, Yejin. I love you, so much."