Her Name is Im Yoorim

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

2 months later...

“Unnie…unnie..!!” Yoona called out for her sister in the middle of the night. “Unnie…I think…the baby wants to get out…”

Taeyeon ran over to see Yoona on the floor hugging her belly.

“What’s wrong? Isn’t you have another month to go?”

“I don’t know…I just feel a pain every five minutes. It has been for over an hour already…I think she will be out soon…” Yoona bite her lips as she tried to endure the pain.

“Let’s go, let’s go to the hospital!” Taeyeon helped her sister to get up. They got out of the car and got on a taxi. “Please, get us to a hospital as soon as possible! My sister is in labor!” Taeyeon hurried the driver.

“The nearest hospital in this area is the Seoul Hospital. Lucky for you girls, that’s the biggest hospital and they specialize in children.” said the taxi driver.

“S…Seoul hospital??...please…don’t…not that hospital…we can’t go there…” said Yoona who were almost out of breath.

“Please take us to another one, just not Seoul hospital. Please hurry up!” Taeyeon again hurried the taxi driver.

“Alright, then I’ll take you to the second nearest, it will take around fifteen minutes…Hang on, just don’t give birth on my car!”

 

----

“We have a patient on labor!!! Get her right to the labor room!” yelled the doctors.

“Unnie…it’s so…painful…” cried Yoona

“Don’t worry, I’m here, I’m here. Hold onto my hand!” Taeyeon worried

“I…think I’m…going to…pass out”

“Hey, do something, my sister is in pain!” Taeyeon screamed at the doctors.

“Miss, we’re trying to do our job here, please be patient. All women in labor are in pain!” said the doctors.

Then they rushed Yoona to the labor room. Taeyeon was allowed to go inside since she is Yoona’s only family.

 

---

“Breath in…breath out…when I count to three, you push!” said the doctor

“One…two…three…push!!”

“Uhggg~~~~”

“Again, one – two – three, push!!”

“Arhhh~~~~~”

“You’re doing a good job! Now push again! I saw the baby’s head!” said the doctor

“Please baby…please come out…” Yoona thought as she pushed.

“One – two – three, push!! Good! the baby’s head is out…put in more strength and push!!”

Yoona held onto her sister’s hand tightly. “Baby…come out…”

“Almost there, almost there…There you go!! One last push!!”

.

.

“And we have a beautiful baby girl!! Congratulation!!!” announced the doctor

The nurse out the fluid from the baby’s mouth and nose. They clamped the umbilical cord in two places and then cut between the two clamps. They wrapped the baby in a towel, put on a hat then placed the baby into Yoona’s arms.

Taeyeon looked at her sister and the baby, then cried out… “She’s beautiful!”

Tears rolled down on Yoona’s cheeks.

“Miss, what’s your name?” The nurse asked

“My name is Im Yoona.”

“How about the father?”

Yoona looked at her sister, unsure what to do.

“Just tell them his name, you don’t want the baby to have her father’s name as blank on her birth certificate.” Taeyeon told Yoona

“Miss, what’s the father’s name?” the nurse asked once again

“T..Taecyeon…Ok Taecyeon.” Yoona answered in sadness

“Have you decided on a name for the baby yet?” again asked the nurse

“Yes…Im Yoorim, her name is Im Yoorim” said Yoona

“I’ll take the baby for measurement and run some check up. Again, congrats on the beautiful baby girl!” said the nurse

“Thank you.”

“Yoona, I think she looks so much like you!” Taeyeon said in happiness. “And Yoorim is such a beautiful name too!”

“Don’t you remember mother used to call me by that name for the first few months she visited me at the orphanage?” Yoona smiled

“Oh, I almost forgot! I remember! Mother liked that name so much that she wanted to change your name to it but you was having none of that!” Taeyeon laughed

“I don’t know how hard will it be…for the years ahead…” Yoona tone suddenly dropped

“We will go through it together” Taeyeon encourage her sister. ‘We’re a family.”

 

---

They brought the baby back to Yoona’s room half an hour later…

“The baby is perfectly healthy, congratulation!” said the doctor as he handed the baby back to Yoona. She looked at her baby girl now has a name, Im Yoorim. A beautiful baby that resembled Yoona a lot.

“Even though we can’t see her features that well since she’s still small, but I can already see you in her,” said Taeyeon. “Thanks God she did not look like him…”

“Yoorim, thank you for coming to me” Yoona kissed her daughter’s cheek. “I promise I will be a good mom and give you a happy life.”

 

----

Each year passed, and as Yoorim grew up, she resembles her mother more and more. People always compliment what a pretty child she is. When they asked Yoona about Yoorim’s father, Yoona would smile and answered, “She’s my surprised gift from God.”

 

 

And then 5 years later…

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

sorry! these chapters are kind of short ><

Taec will get back to the story soon, in the next chapter...as well as Khun will soon make an appearance! ^^