The Unexpected Gift

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Again, there was only silent

“What do you mean? What do you mean…two lines?” Yoona asked in panic. “…what two lines?”

“The thing you’re looking for…I saw two lines.”

Yoona couldn’t say a word, because she just saw her dream crashed right in front of her. Taeyeon opened the bathroom’s door…

“Unnie…I…” Yoona cried

“Was it that guy? The guy took you away in that night?” Taeyeon asked, worried. “Let’s go and report it to the police.”

“Unnie, don’t. It wasn’t .” Yoona answered in tears. “It was…the drug.”

“So what are you going to do now? You can’t go to America alone with the baby! What’s the guy name? and where do he lives?”

“…I don’t know”

“Now you don’t even know any information about the baby’s father?”

“He said I can look for him at the Seoul Hospital because his parents own that place…”

“So he’s a rich kid? Such bastard! I’m going there to get back your rights!” then Taeyeon ran off to catch a taxi. “To Seoul hospital please, thanks” she said to the driver. 

“Unnie, wait!!!” Yoona yelled as she saw the taxi got away.

“What to do now?” Yoona thought, “There is really a baby inside. Why did it have to be me? I’m still too young to be a mother now. I still have all my dreams that I want to fulfill. Now with this baby, what I’m going to do?” She was in tears. “I can’t keep this baby…the baby’s father is no more than a stranger to me…why God gave me such a gift, right at this time? I’m afraid, I’m really afraid to receive it.” She held her stomach.

Taeyeon arrived at the Seoul Hospital

“Excuse me, may I talk with the son of the person that own this place?”

“Who are you talking about miss?” Ask the reception

“The son of the person that own this place! I need to talk to him about a very important matter! Please call him out!”

“Miss, the masters are usually not at the hospital, but I can help you connect to their phones. There are two of them, who do you want to talk to?" 

“I don’t know his name, but I think he is around 20-21 years old.”

“Oh that’s Ok Taecyeon, the second son of Mr & Mrs. Ok. I will call him for you, please wait a moment.” Then the reception tried to call Taecyeon. “Taecyeon ssi, some young lady wants to talk to you” the reception handed the phone to Taeyeon “Here you go, it’s Taecyeon.” 

“Thanks” said Taeyeon

 

---

On the phone…

“Hello, this is Ok Taecyeon, and who are you?”

“I’m Yoona’s sister”

“Who is Yoona?”

“Jerk! You don’t even remember my sister’s name?”

“Sorry miss, but who is your sister?”

“She’s the girl that you took away one night 3 months ago”

“…so that girl name is Yoona” he thought to himself

“I remember her now. Sorry, because I didn’t know her name so I wasn’t sure who you’re talking about.”

“Do you know that you left something for her after that night?”

“Sorry, but I don’t get it?”

“She’s pregnant! Idiot!! How can you ruined a young girl life in just a night?” Taeyeon cried for her sister

“Sh..she’s pregnant?...with just…only one try?” Taecyeon said in disbelief

“She’s so miserable right now. It hurts to see my little sister like that. How could you?” Taeyeon continued to cry

“Miss…I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to and I don’t know thing will lead this way…Where is your sister now? May I talk to her?”

“…She’s at home…” Taeyeon sobbed

“I remember where you guys live. I’ll go there right away”

“Please, don’t hurt her anymore” Taeyeon begged

“I’m sorry…” Taecyeon gave one last apologized then hang up the phone. The only thing in his mind right now was to find the girl. He grabbed the key on the table and ran to his car.

 

---

*Ding Dong*

“Unnie, you’re back?” Yoona asked and went out to open the door

 “Unnie….” and Yoona was surprised to see the person standing in front of her. It has been 3 months since she last saw this person, but the 3 months didn’t make any different. He’s still a stranger to her.

“Your sister talked to me,…Yoona” Taecyeon said

“So you know my name…” Yoona looked away

“Call me Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon.” He said to her.

“Your sister told me you’re…pregnant…” he stopped then continued “…with my baby.”

“Nonsense.” Yoona said back

“Your sister told me everything. I’m not an irresponsible man so I will take responsible for this…please let me…”

“You don’t need to, the baby is no longer there. I aborted it. “ She gave him a look with much bitterness. “Now you can go, you don’t need to take responsible anymore, and plus I don’t want to see you.”

“…you aborted the baby?” asked the speechless Taecyeon

“I’m going to America in 2 weeks anyway, I can’t keep the baby. Now that it’s gone, I can continue with my dream. For you, Ok Taecyeon, please just don’t appear in my life again.”

“If you hate me that much…then I will go…but the baby? You really aborted it?”

“Yes, now please go!!!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll go right now, but I hope that someday we can meet again and be friends, and forget all about that night…” Taecyeon left, with much sadness on his face.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon saw and heard everything as she watched...

 

“Why did you lie to him?” asked Taeyeon

“I just don’t want to do anything with him” cried Yoona

“Now what are you going to do with the baby, keep it or…?”

“I can’t abort this baby…It’s a life…and it’s mine…I just can’t bring myself to even think about it.” said Yoona while continued to cry

“I understand…” Taeyeon consoled her sister. “I’ll be here with you, we will raise this baby together. This baby will have a mother and an aunt! This baby can live a happy life even without a father!”

“Thank you, unnie…”

“What about your America’s plans though?”

“I guess…I’ll have to put it aside…” Yoona said in a sad tone while hugging her stomach, as she knows that there's a baby living inside...and the main the reason that she had to put her dream behind.