The Promises

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

 

Taecyeon heard a small sound came from the suitcase. It got louder as time went by. He slowly approached it and realized the sound was from a phone. He wanted to open the suitcase but he was scared, scared of what he would see inside of it. He frowned and nervously stared at the suitcase. The sound suddenly stopped, but it went on again.

“I have to open it up…” he said to himself

He kneeled down with his eyes closed. Placed both of his hand on it, he searched for the buckles.

“Please God…” he prayed

He finally touched the buckles; and even though with much hesitation, he still went ahead and unbuckled them. His heart was pounding so fast like it wanted to jump out of his chest.

It took less than a minute to open the suitcase, but to him it felt like an eternity. He took one deep breath and opened his eyes.

And there he was relief, he was happy to not have to see what he didn’t want to see.

“Thank you, God” he said

The phone rang again and he picked it up from the suitcase. Immediately, he recognized the voice from the other line.

“Took you a long time to answer the call” the voice said

“You are…Khun?” Taecyeon recognized the voice

“Well if you figured out, I have no need to hide” said Khun

“What do you want? Why do you have to do this? Where is my daughter?” Taecyeon asked with anger

“Calm down. Don’t ask me a bunch of questions.”

“How can you told me to calm down when I have no idea about my daughter safety?”

“Just come inside” Khun then hung up.

Taecyeon followed what Khun said and went inside the room, while Yoona and the polices watched him from afar. She tried to run to him but the polices stopped her before she could. They said it was too dangerous.

“You guys also know it’s dangerous. I can’t let him go in there alone!” Yoona worried

“Miss, I know, but even you go with him it won’t help. Leave it to us.” said the head officer, “I’ll order my people to go to the back by the windows and be ready”

“Taecyeon ah, don’t scare me” Yoona helplessly said

 

---

 

Finally, Taecyeon and Khun were face to face. Angrily, Taecyeon walked straight to Khun, who was sitting on the chair, and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

“WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER?” Taecyeon asked

By then, Khun’s bodyguards already got their gun out and pointed at Taecyeon.

“That wasn’t very nice of you” he shook Taecyeon’s hands off his shirt, sat back down to his seat, and ordered his men to put the guns away.

“Why are you doing this?” Taecyeon asked

“Because I hate you” Khun answered

“Then just put your target on me, why did you have to take my daughter away?”

“So that you can feel the pain when you got your love one taken away from you.” said Khun

“Where is she now?” Taecyeon asked again

“Vincent, tell him” Khun ordered

“Vincent?” Taecyeon looked over to the man that had been stood next to Khun all these time.

“She’s safe at my house. My wife is taking care of her” said Vincent

“It’s him…The man that saved me that night ” Taecyeon thought to himself.

Khun got up from his chair and walked closer to Taecyeon. With his hand in his pocket, he pulled out a gun and pointed straight to Taecyeon. Surprised by the action, Taecyeon took a few steps back.

“What do you think you’re doing?” said Taecyeon

“I want you to disappear” said Khun

“Are you crazy?”

“I guess I’ve lost my mind, all because of you”

“Listen, Khun…” Taecyeon took a few more steps back; he was near the door.

 

---

 

“Sir, things are going bad. The kidnapper is pointing the gun to Mr. Ok Taecyeon. Seems like the kidnapper wants to kill him. We have to do something soon. Over” one of the police reported

“Okay, as soon as you hear my command, go in. Over” the head officer said

“Yes, Sir!”

Yoona heard everything. She couldn’t stand any longer and decided to go in there with Taecyeon. She took a deep breath and ran as fast as she could.

“Miss!!” the head officer yelled silently

 

---

 

“This is the end, Ok Taecyeon. After this, you will forever disappear in this world, and Yoona will belong to me.” Khun took a step closer to Taecyeon

“No…”

“Now even God can’t save you” said Khun, “Good bye.”

Khun then pulled the gun, right then Yoona opened the door and ran in just in time to shield the gun shot for Taecyeon. The bullet went to the stomach. Everything happened so fast that only when Yoona fell down to the ground, Taecyeon and Khun realized what had just happened.

“Y..Yoon..a? Yoona? YOONA!!!!!” Taecyeon screamed. He got down and held her close.

Khun was in an extreme shock. In no way he meant to hurt Yoona. He dropped his gun and tried to come closer but Taecyeon yelled and told him to stay away. Vincent by then ran over and knocked Khun down to the ground. Khun didn’t fight back. His eyes were still on Yoona, as she lay there lifeless. Khun’s men tried to fight Vincent but the polices broke in and got everything under control.

“You’re under arrest” the head officer said to Khun. “You are not obliged to say or do anything unless you wish to do so, but whatever you say or do may be used in evidence. Do you understand?”

His eyes were still on Yoona.

They put the handcuff on him and escorted him out of the room. His eyes never left Yoona until she was out of sight. They were full of sadness and regret.

“I already called the ambulance, I’m sorry that I couldn’t prevent this to happen.” said Vincent

“Yoona, Yoona…are you okay?” Taecyeon asked while hugging her tight

“Ta…Taecyeon…” she put her hand on his face, “Promise me…If…something happens…promise me to take care…of Yoorim”

“Nothing will happen! You will be okay. We will have our wedding as well as raise Yoorim up together!” he cried. He never cried this hard in his life.

“Why are you taking the bullet for me? Don’t be so selfish!”

She smiled…

“I guess…this is my “thank you” for the idiot…that saved me from the car when I was 7”

“Because I should, If I didn’t call you at that time, you wouldn’t run out and got involved in the accident!” he cried

“…you…remember?”

Then Taecyeon noticed that he remembered, he remembered everything.

“My name was Ian…you are Yoona…and…” he looked up to Vincent, “Vincent, is that you?” he asked

“Yes…” Vincent answered with joy

“Yoona, I remember!” he said

“So great…” she cried.

Yoona felt a sharp pain from her stomach and she passed out. Left Taecyeon in panic.

“Yoona, you can’t sleep! YOONA!!” he cried, “Where is the ambulance??”

“Mr. Ok Taecyeon, the ambulance is here!” said one of the police as he ran in.

 

---

 

Yoona was admitted to the local hospital, but because they didn’t have enough staffs to do a big surgery, they transferred her to Seoul hospital. Mr. Ok was one of the main doctors for her surgery.

“Dad, please save her” Taecyeon begged

“Don’t worry son, I will try my best.” said Mr. Ok

The red light went on as the door closed. Taecyeon clasped his hands together and prayed. Taeyeon also arrived with two red eyes. The atmosphere was very heavy.

They heard footsteps coming, they looked up and saw Vincent held hand with Yoorim and were walking toward. Taecyeon’s face lit up as soon as he saw his beloved daughter safe and sound. Yoorim was good, she knew what was happening and didn’t say a word. She just gave Taecyeon a big hug with some pats on his back.

“This is a very needed hug, Yoorim. Thank you” Taecyeon said

 

---

 

3 months has gone by…Yoorim had been living with Taecyeon since then. Taecyeon woke up one early morning and dressed himself in a black suit as well as put on Yoorim a beautiful white dress.

“We’re going to visit your mom today” he said

On the way, he stopped by a flower shop to pick up a bouquet he arranged yesterday on the phone.

They arrived at the hospital. He held the bouquet tight in one hand, got Yoorim with his other hand, and they both walked straight to the graveyard.

“Good morning, grandpa!” Yoorim greeted the old graveyard worker.

“Good morning Yoorim~ Going to visit your mom?” he asked, “You look absolutely beautiful today!” he said

“Thank you.” Yoorim politely said

“Let’s go Yoorim, umma is waiting for us.” said Taecyeon

They both looked at each other, gave each other a smile, and walked into the graveyard.