Ok Taecyeon, Who Are You?

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

“Ian…is this you??? Ian??” Yoona asked as she still hugged Taecyeon, but she got no answered from him.

“Ian…please answer me!!” she asked again, with her tears already down her cheeks. Taecyeon was confused for a moment, wondered whose name she was calling.

“…Who is Ian?” Taecyeon asked Yoona, confused.

She broke the hug, and looked straight at him in the eyes. She then realized that it was Taecyeon all these times. The person saved her wasn’t Ian, and she was disappointed.

“I thought you are…”

“Are who?”

“Never mind…” Yoona tried to get up but she was still weak.

“Let me help you.” Taecyeon said as he put her arm around his shoulders, his arm around her waist and helped her get up. He walked her inside the house. Yoona reluctantly let him help and followed him.

Taecyeon walked Yoona to his room so she could rest on the bed. Yoorim followed them. Yoona once again had to wear Taecyeon’s clothes because her clothes got all wet.

“Should I call the doctor?” Taecyeon worried

“I’m fine. You don’t need to call the doctor.”

“Are you okay, umma?” Yoorim asked

“Umma is fine~” Yoona rubbed Yoorim’s head

“I’ll give you a kiss, so you could feel better!” Yoorim then gave Yoona a kiss on the cheek, which of course will make any mother feels much better.

"Thanks, Yoorim" Yoona smiled at her daughter

“Yoorim, let’s go. Let your mom rest for awhile” Taecyeon told Yoorim. He took her hand and they headed out the room.

“Taecyeon…!” Yoona called him. He turned back and looked at her.

“Thank you for saving me…” She shyly said.

“I should…” he smiled, “I should protect you.”

“You really reminded me of my friend…”

“Was it the one with the name Ian you called out earlier? He must be really special to you.”

“Yes…He’s a very special friend…”

“Anyway, I’ll tell the maid to bring up some food and drink. Just rest here for a while, I’ll take care of the party downstairs. Yoorim, you haven’t eaten your birthday cake!”

Taecyeon closed the door and walked downstairs with Yoorim to continue the almost ruined birthday party.

“How’s my sister?” Taeyeon asked

“She’s fine, don’t worry noona” Taecyeon answered, then he asked the guys

“Where’s Jiwon?”

“Uhmm you should ask them…” Wooyoung gave a glance at the girls.

“She looks pretty bad…” Chansung chuckled

“Well I think I pulled some of her hairs” said Taeyeon

“I think I broke her nails” said Sunny

“I smacked her on the face with the cake” said Sooyoung

“I think her face got some scratches from my nails” said Yuri

“I think I accidentally stepped on her toes…” said Seohyun

“That’s really…impressive…” The boys couldn’t help but laughed.

“I’m surprised the other 3 didn’t do anything!” said Junho

“Actually we went inside the house to get the brooms but she already went away when we got out” said Hyoyeon

“Girls can be so scary” Chansung claimed

“That’s what she gets for messing with our Yoona!” said Taeyeon, “So Ok Taecyeon, you must be good to Yoona; you’ve been warned”

 

---

The maid brought food and drink upstairs to Yoona. She knocked on the door 3 times.

*Knock knock knock*

“Please come in”

“Miss, here is your food and drink. I’ll leave them on the table for you.” said the maid

“Thank you so much! And sorry that you have to bring it up for me.” Yoona thanked the maid as well as she apologized for bothering.

“No problem, miss. It’s our duty.”

“Thank you!” Yoona smiled

“Miss, you’re so much nicer than master’s old girlfriend”

“Oh don’t be misunderstood, I’m not his new girlfriend or anything!” She let out a small laugh

“But I see that he really cares about you…” the maid expressed

“Really, thanks for letting me know” Yoona smiled

“Please rest well, and I’m sorry for saying too much” the maid apologized

“Don’t worry, I don’t mind at all! Thank you for the food!”

The maid left the food and drink on the table then she went out. Yoona tried to get off the bed and walked to the table. As she picked up the glass of water for a sip, she accidentally dropped it and the water spilled all over the table. She panicked and took some tissues paper on the table to clean up the mess. The water got through the table drawer because Taecyeon didn’t close it completely. When Yoona opened it, the pile of papers in there already got wet.

“What to do!!! It got all wet!!” Yoona panicked

She opened a small package to clean the papers inside, only to find out the shocking contents. It was no other than the missing pages from the notebook, the notebook that kept all of their memories. She held the papers while her other hand cover her wide-open mouth.

“How come he has these???” Yoona was completely in shock.

She ran downstairs. The party was over; everyone was gone now. Taecyeon and Yoorim were sleeping on the couch. She stood on the stairs and looked at him. 

“It can’t be…” said Yoona, while still holding the papers in her hand. Yoona took a look at the papers again. It was obviously from the notebook. There were Ian’s famous cat drawings, and some parts of their diary.

 

---

July 30th, 1993

Yoona, how are you?

My Korean improved so much! Thanks to you.

I was sick this whole week so I couldn’t visit, but don’t worry because I will get better soon!

I can’t wait to see you.

Also, I think Khun doesn’t like me. I tried to talk to him but he never answer. I hope we can be friend, someday…

Ian

 

-

August 2nd, 1993

I’m so happy to see you today, Ian.

I’m happy that the dog bite isn’t that bad.

It’s still my fault so I feel terrible! I’m sorry!

While you wasn’t here, nanny bought us some bikes!

I still can’t ride it yet but I think it will be fun once I learned how.

You know how to ride a bike right? Teach me!!

Yoona

 

---

“Ok Taecyeon, who are you, really?” Tears streamed down her face, “Don’t dare to tell me you’re Ian!!” Yoona wiped her tears and headed to Taecyeon, woke him up from his sleep.

“Ok Taecyeon, get up!” she called him

“Ok Taecyeon!!!”

“…What…happened?” Taecyeon rubbed his eyes

“Are these papers yours?” Yoona showed him the notebook papers. Taecyeon took a look at it and realized she was talking about those papers he received earlier this week.

“Not really…someone sent it to me…” Taecyeon said

“Someone?”

“Yea, I don’t know who. It came without the sender information. I have no idea why the sender sent me this”

“That’s strange. The sender must know you to send these to you. Maybe these are yours?”

“Definitely not! I have no memory about these papers…” Taecyeon explained

“I think I remember you once said you don’t remember anything from your childhood?”

“That’s right…but…” Taecyeon looked at Yoona, confused about why she asked him all these questions.

“Never mind, I’m sorry.” said Yoona

“Don’t worry.”

“I think I should leave, before the sun goes down”

“Let me take you home!” Taecyeon offered.

“Actually, I want to walk. Thanks for the offer though.” Then Yoona turned to the sleeping Yoorim and picked her up. Yoorim’s head rested on Yoona’s shoulder.

“We’re going. Thank you for the party today. I think Yoorim had fun”

“Then, good bye. Be careful!” Taecyeon said to Yoona, “And Yoorim, good-bye to you, too!” he gave the sleeping Yoorim a kiss.

 

On the way home, Yoona’s head was filled with thoughts. There were many possible things that Taecyeon could be Ian.

“But why didn’t he remember me?” Yoona said to herself, “Was it because of the car accident?”

“Yoorim ah…” Yoona talked to the sleeping Yoorim, “Umma is very confused right now…because your appa could be Ian, that very special friend of mine…”