Blessing in Disguise

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Yoona finally was able to convinced Taecyeon to go back inside the car. He fell asleep and they stayed in the car for an hour, waited for the rain to lessen a bit so she could drive him home. Yoona called Taeyeon and told her that she won’t be home tonight and asked Taeyeon to tuck Yoorim to bed. She searched for Taecyeon’s phone, and then called his friend to ask about Taecyeon’s house address.

Yoona took Taecyeon back to his house around 1AM; she searched for the key and found it in his pocket. The maids already went back to their houses so no one was at home. She took him to his room and dropped him down to his bed, then she went to the closet to find him some dry clothes.

Yoona took off his wet shirt, only to find out that he got badly beaten up. She put a dry shirt on him, and proceeded to change his jeans with her eyes closed. She then went down stairs to look for some bandages and medication to treat his injuries. She wondered why she cared about him, and thought to herself that maybe she’s falling for him, but quickly wiped off that thought and told to herself that she was just in a pity mode. She went back to his room and applied treatments on him.

“This idiot! Why make yourself so miserable!” Yoona said to Taecyeon

She carefully applied the medication on his forehead, and then the corner of his lips, which got torn.

“Aren’t these hurt?” Yoona asked

But as soon as she proceeded to this right forearm, she noticed a scar; it was somewhat like a dog bite scar.

“A dog bite mark?” she said, “Reminds me of that time…”

 

---

Flashback

“Ian! Look!! A dog and her puppies!!” little Yoona called out for Ian as they saw the dogs from the neighbor's backyard. 

“Can we play with it?” little Yoona asked

“Yoona, I don’t think it’s a good idea…we’re not allowed to get outside the orphanage!” Ian reminded Yoona

“But it’s so cute!!” little Yoona begged

“…Okay, but don’t touch it!” said Ian

Little Yoona and Ian sneaked out of the orphanage’s backyard by jumping out of the fences and went over to the neighbor’s backyard. The dogs wear asleep so Yoona tried to come closer. She sat down and petted the puppies.

“Yoona, don’t touch it! The dog might get mad!”

“They’re asleep, Ian!” Then Yoona picked up one sleeping puppy.

“Ian, come here! Look!”

“Yoona, don’t!!” Ian yelled as he noticed the mother dog woke up. “She’s awake!!”

The dog barked at little Yoona while she was scared to death. She dropped the puppy and ran behind Ian. Ian put out both of his hands out in the air as in he wanted to protect her.

“Don’t come close! We didn’t mean any harm!” Ian yelled at the dog, but she was still barking at them.

“I’m sorry Ian!” little Yoona cried

“It’s okay, I will protect you!” Ian comforted Yoona.

“Doggy, don’t come!!” Ian said to the dog, and then he turned to Yoona, “When I say run, you run back to the orphanage okay?” Yoona nodded.

“Alright…1…2…3…RUN!!!!” Ian yelled

As soon as Ian said run, little Yoona ran straight back to the orphanage’s backyard; but when she looked back, Ian was nowhere in sight.

“IAN!!!” little Yoona yelled out his name. She ran back to the neighbor’s backyard and she saw Ian lying there with blood on his right forearm. 

“Ian!! Ian are you okay? Let me take you back to the orphanage!” little Yoona put Ian’s left arm around her shoulder and tried to help him back. The dog already went back to her puppies.

“Ian, there are so much blood! Why don’t you run with me?” little Yoona cried.

“But I’m glad you’re safe…” Ian smiled

“Babo!!” she continued to cry.

Ian smiled at little Yoona, “Don’t cry, I’m fine!!” and he wiped her tears

 

---

Yoona looked at her necklace and she dropped a tear. She missed Ian.

“Ian, if you’re still out there, I really hope to see you again…” Yoona wiped her tear. She then went on to finish applying the medication on Taecyeon's body. 

Taecyeon woke up at around 4AM. He noticed all the bandages and medication on his face and body. He helped himself up and he saw Yoona was sleeping at the study table; by then he realized that he was in her care for the whole night. Taecyeon went over to Yoona to put a blanker over her, but noticed that her clothes were wet. He decided to wake her up.

“Yoona…Yoona~” he shook her shoulder

Yoona opened her eyes and turned around

“Oh…Taecyeon…you’re awake?” Yoona asked

“Yea…thanks a lot!” said Taecyeon

“I’m glad. I was wo…ried…” Yoona accidentally slipped the word out of . “What did I just said!!” she thought to herself.

 “Yoona, your clothes are wet, you should get change or else you will get sick.” said Taecyeon, “Come here!” Taecyeon held Yoona hand and led her to his closet to find some dry clothes for her, while Yoona got embarrassed.

“Sorry, all these clothes are too big for you, but it will do for now…” He said as he handed Yoona a shirt and pants.

“Get change, I’ll go out”

“…Thanks…”

 

---

Yoona went out with an outfit that was too big on her. Taecyeon laughed at how baggy it was.

“Don’t laugh at me!” Yoona said while laughing

“I’m sorry” Taecyeon laughed at how cute she was.

“Are you hungry?” Yoona asked

“A little…” Taecyeon said

“Let’s eat ramyun!!” Yoona suggested

They walked down stairs and cooked 2 bags of ramyun. In 10 minutes, the ramyun was ready. They sat by the table eating their ramyun. Yoona noticed Taecyeon ate his ramyun a bit different. He would twirl the chopsticks around to make the noodles all rolled up, and then he would eat it all in just one bite.

“The way you eat is just like one of my old friends!” Yoona laughed

“Really? I have never met someone that eats like me before! My parents hate it!” Taecyeon laughed

“Oh, and I want to ask…what happened to your forearm? I mean that scar?” Yoona pointed to the scar on his right forearm.

“Oh this? I don’t really remember. It was there since I was small, but somehow I can’t seem to remember anything about my childhood.”

“I’m sure you had a happy one” Yoona smiled

“But it would be good if I can remember it” Taecyeon sighed

“Don’t you have any picture from your childhood?” Yoona asked

“My parents said they lost all of it while we were moving”

“What a pity! But I bet you looked handsome as a child” Yoona laughed

“I’m still handsome now!” Taecyeon exclaimed.

The movie night disaster ended up to be a blessing in disguise. Taecyeon and Yoona’s relationship headed to a brighter side. Yoona felt more comfortable around him, and Taecyeon was happy that they’re getting better.

“By the way, Yoona, I think it’s better for you to stay away from Khun”

“I don’t know why he’s like that. He was a sweet child when he was young…”

“People could change, you know…His intention on you wasn’t good at all…I’m worried”

“He won’t harm me, I know him since small…he’s not that kind of person…”

“Just be careful~” Taecyeon warned Yoona..

Then they changed their topic to Yoorim

“Has Yoorim ever been in school?” Taecyeon asked

“Never, but I’m planning to enroll her to the school in our area” Yoona said

“Why not put her in a better school? Like in some private schools”

“Private schools are too expensive!”

“You don’t need to worry, I can pay for that”

“But I don’t want to owe anyone anything…”

“You won’t own me anything. Yoorim is my daughter, it’s my responsibility!” Taecyeon looked at Yoona to assure her. Then he continued…

“Next Monday, I’ll come to pick you and Yoorim up. We’ll go straight to the school for the interview.”

“Do I need to prepare for anything?”

“They will ask some questions about Yoorim and you have to show them that you’re a great mom. Also, children with a complete family pass the interview easier.”

“Then what should we do?” Yoona asked.

“Pretend that we’re a couple” Taecyeon smiled.

 

 

 

 

------

I felt like this chapter matches more with the "Blessing in disguise" title so I changed ch.19's title to "Disaster movie night" ^^