The Grandparents

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Khun drove Yoona back to her house after they spent around 4 hours at the orphanage. Yoona thanked him for the trip back to the orphanage, and Khun also thanked her for tagged along with him. They both agreed that they had a great time.

 

---

Back to Yoorim and Taec…

“Ajussi, can you stop seeing her? Yoorim don’t like her!” Yoorim pouted

“Yoorim ah, don’t worry, I’m not planning to continue the relationship.” said Taecyeon

“Pinky promise?” asked Yoorim

“Pink promised!” Taecyeon said as him and Yoorim did their pinky promise.

“Then Yoorim will call you appa! Because now you’re nice! Nice appa!”

“Yoorim is willing to say appa now?” Taecyeon couldn’t hide his happiness. He hugged Yoorim and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then Taecyeon took out his phone and proceeded to send Jiwon a text message.

“Jiwon…I’m sorry. These days I’ve realized that my daughter meant a lot to me. While we’re not really deep into this relationship, let’s break up…I can’t give you the happiness that you want, you should find a better man than me. Thanks for the past 2 months. – Taecyeon”

Taecyeon looked at Yoorim, smiled and said “Now let’s go to buy you some new clothes at the shopping center!”

They got off at the shopping center for children and family. Even though this was the first time that Taecyeon ever bought children’s clothes, but his taste wasn’t horrible. Yoorim loved all the outfits he chose for her. She’s such a daddy’s girl. On their way out, Taecyeon saw a store that was selling matching family shirts. Taecyeon asked Yoorim if she wanted to wear the shirt with him, Yoorim of course agreed and suggested him that he should buy one for Yoona too. He bought 3 shirts in in the end, the 3 shirts with the words ‘appa’, ‘umma’, and ‘ddal’ at the back, meaning ‘daddy’, ‘mommy’, and ‘daughter’.

“Appa, let’s go and give it to umma!” said Yoorim

“Right now?”

“Yea, why not? Umma must be back home already from the bakery!”

“We go there now?”

“Appa!!!!!!! Let’s go!”

 

---

They arrived at Yoona’s house about 30 minutes later. Taec was holding the bag with the shirt, eagerly to give it to her. He smiled to himself. He held Yoorim’s hand as he rang the doorbell.

“Who’s that?” Yoona asked

“Oh…it’s me…Taecyeon…and Yoorim” Taecyeon answered. Yoona opened the door.

“Umma!!” Yoorim yelled

“Yoorim~ seem like you had a happy day today!” Yoona said to Yoorim, then she looked up at Taecyeon.

“What makes you come?” Yoona asked Taecyeon.

“Oh…me and Yoorim just went to the shopping center. I bought her some clothes…and I bought…” Taecyeon was about to finish his sentence, but suddenly he heard Khun’s voice…

“Yoona! Dinner is ready!” Khun yelled out for Yoona from the kitchen.

“Okay, I’m coming in!” Yoona yelled back

“What did you bought?” Yoona asked Taecyeon

“Oh…nothing…I bought Yoorim some clothes…and I don’t know if you like it or not…so I come to ask…” said Taecyeon as he hid the bag with the shirt behind his back…

“Don’t worry about that, as long as the clothes are appropriate for little girls” she smiled.

“I have to go in now, do you and Yoorim want to stay for dinner?” she asked

“…No thanks, the maids at home already prepared dinner for us.” Said Taecyeon.

“Yoorim, said goodbye to umma!”

“Goodbye umma!” said Yoorim

“Goodbye Yoorim! Be a good girl okay?” Yoona kissed Yoorim goodbye

Taecyeon and Yoorim walked back to the car. Yoorim was curious about why Taecyeon didn’t give Yoona the shirt.

“Appa, why don’t you give umma the shirt?” Yoorim asked

“Appa think that right now it’s not the right time to give it to umma. Appa will give it to umma another time okay?” he smiled to Yoorim.

Yoona went back inside the house and saw Khun with Taeyeon all done with the dinner.

“Who was that?” asked Taeyeon

“Taecyeon with Yoorim” said Yoona

“Why don’t you take them in for dinner?”

“I did but Taecyeon, he said the maids over his place already prepared dinner for them”

“I still don’t understand why you let him take care of Yoorim” said Khun

“He’s her father” said Taeyeon. “Let’s not talk about that anymore. Now eat~”

Yoorim fell asleep on the car on their way back to Taecyeon’s house. Taecyeon unbuckled her seatbelt and piggyback her inside the house, and then he saw his parents were sitting in the living room waiting for him.

“Dad…Mom…” Taecyeon was shocked and didn’t know what to do, Yoorim was still on his back sleeping.

“Oh Taecyeon, we’re waiting for you to come back for dinner!” said Taecyeon’s mom. By then, she noticed the child on his back.

“Who’s this little child?” she asked

“S…she’s…my daughter…” Taecyeon couldn’t hide it from his parents.

“Y…your daughter? Don’t joke! She looks at least 5 years old!” his mom laughed

“Mom, she really is my daughter. 5 years ago I was with a girl…and she was born without me knowing.” Taecyeon confessed.

“Oh please tell me you’re joking!” his mom said

“No I’m not, it’s real” Taecyeon said

His parents looked at him for a while, none said a word. Then his dad spoke up.

“If he said it’s his daughter, then believe him” said Taecyeon’s dad

“Did you even check the child’s DNA?” his mom asked

“Mom! I know she’s mine!”

“Let me see the child!” his mom requested 

Taecyeon put Yoorim down to his mom’s laps; she was still sleeping and looked like an angel.

“She’s quite beautiful” said Taecyeon’s mom

“Her ears look just like you!” said Taecyeon’s dad

“So who’s the mother?” asked Taecyeon’s mom

“I’m not really close with her” Taecyeon answered sadly

“You’re not close with her and you guys had a child together? Kids these days…” His mom sighed.

“Then what are you going to do with this child now?”

“Her mom let me keep her for a week, then after this week I have to return her back to her mom”

“You shouldn’t have a child before you got married!”

“It’s my fault” Taecyeon said

The grandparents took a look at Yoorim again, and of course they fell in love. Grandparents are usually like that!

“What’s her name?” they asked

“Yoorim, Im Yoorim” said Taecyeon

“So the mother’s last name is Im? Yoorim is a good name~” said Taecyeon’s mom

“How old is the mother?” she asked

“She should be around my age, or younger” said Taecyeon

“A young single mother, must be hard for her. I had you when I was around that age too so I know how hard”

“Okay, let's eat dinner. Should we wake her up?” asked his mom

“Let her sleep for awhile, I’ll get dinner for her later” Then Taecyeon carried Yoorim up to his room, and put her on the bed. His hand was still holding the bag with the shirt. He looked at the bag for a few seconds then he opened the table's drawer and put it inside.