Taecyeon's Little Girl

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

“…You got married?” Taecyeon asked

“Can you please leave? She doesn’t want to see you!!!” said Khun, who obviously doesn’t like Taecyeon.

“I asked him to come,” said Taeyeon. “So, Khun please stay out of this.” Taeyeon looked at Khun and suggested him to leave.

“Taeyeon noona, but…”

“This is their matter and they have to deal with it. Please Khun, leave. See you in another day.” said Taeyeon 

Khun looked at Yoona and Taecyeon then walked out the store with dissatisfaction.

“I don’t understand…?” Taecyeon said with confused eyes.

“This idiot!!!” Taeyeon yelled at Taecyeon. “Use your brain and think about it. This child is 5 years old, and what did you do to my sister 5 years ago?”

“…5 years ago…? 5…years ago…me and your sister…that night…”

“So how do you think this child is here today?”

"..."

“S..she’s…mine?”

“YES!!! She’s yours, idiot!!” yelled Taeyeon

“Unnie!!” Yoona yelled 

“But that’s impossible, Yoona told me that day she aborted the baby…” The news was still unbelievable to him.

“Then where did you think this baby came from?” Taeyeon asked

“I…don’t know…” Taecyeon didn’t know what to say

“Unnie, it’s fine that he doesn’t want to believe it. Me and Yoorim can live just fine without him.” Yoona said in a sulky voice.

Taecyeon took a look at Yoorim again. He kneeled down, touched her face and looked into her eyes. He knew that when he first met this child, he felt close to her but he could never in a million years imagine that she is his own daughter. Yoorim got scared and hid behind Yoona. She only met him once, so of course he’s also no more than a stranger to her.

“So…she’s my daughter…” Taecyeon looked up at Yoona. Yoona looked away. She also could never imagine this day would come, that she let the two of them meet. Yoorim is still scared. Taecyeon held her little hand and tried to give her a hug but she moved away.

“Yoorim ah…it’s…appa…” Taecyeon awkwardly said to Yoorim

“Yoorim only have Khun appa! Khun appa is nice! Yoorim’s appa wasn’t nice to umma…” and then she cried. Taecyeon didn’t know what to do. His own daughter just now said that she didn’t like him.

“What should I do?” he asked helplessly

“I think you should leave” said Yoona

“Taecyeon, maybe you should leave now. Let’s Yoorim calm down and we’ll meet another day. Don’t worry, thing will get better.” said Taeyeon 

Taecyeon got up, looked at both Yoona and Yoorim, then he turned to Taeyeon and said thanks to her. He left the store, couldn’t believe what just happened.

“Yoorim ah, it’s okay. He’s…Yoorim’s appa.” Yoona consoled Yoorim

“But…umma said he’s bad…” Yoorim sobbed

“…He's not anymore…so Yoorim, don’t be afraid. He’s trying to get to know how wonderful you are!” said Yoona to Yoorim

“So he’s not bad now?” Yoorim asked

“Yes.” Yoona answered

“He is as nice as Khun appa? Yoorim likes Khun appa!”

“Then that’s for you to decide whether you like him or not.” Yoona smiled to Yoorim.

“I have a suggestion,” said Taeyeon. “How about let Yoorim stays with him for a week?”

“Unnie, but how is that going to work? Yoorim doesn’t really know him. Moreover, does he know how to take care of a child?”

“Give it a try, that’s the only way for them to bond. If he doesn’t know, we’ll teach him how.” Taeyeon tried to convince Yoona

"But that will make a mother like me worry!"

"He needs a chance Yoona, give him one..."

“But...well…I guess…” Yoona finally gave in.

 

---

The next morning…

“Hello? It’s Taeyeon.” Taeyeon said to Taecyeon on the phone.

“Oh, hello…why are you calling?” he asked.

“Go over to our house now and pick up Yoorim. She will stay with you for a week!” Taeyeon said.

“S…she’ staying with me for a week?” he asked in surprised.

“Yes. It’s time for you to learn how to be a father.” Taeyeon told him.

“Is she okay with that?”

“Don’t worry, she’s an easy child. We already bribed her with a lollipop and told her that if she’s well-behaved during her stay with you, we’ll buy her a toy dog.” Taeyeon laughed

“…Thank you, noona” Taecyeon said to Taeyeon with appreciation.

“That’s all I could do. Now it’s all up to you. But be honest with me, do you like my sister? Or do you have at least some feeling towards her?” Taeyeon asked.

“…I don’t know.” Taecyeon answered

“You must answer like a man!!” Taeyeon said

“I guess…I think…a little…she’s a nice girl.” said the embarrassed Taecyeon

“My sister…she’s precious to me…as well as my niece…so treat them well. I’ll be waiting for the good news. Now hurry up and come over. I’ll text the address to your phone” said Taeyeon

“Thanks.” Taecyeon hung up.

Since yesterday, he still couldn’t believe that he has a daughter. He’s totally unprepared to be a dad, but he did feel very happy to know that the adorable little girl he met at the playground is his daughter. Also somehow, he could feel his heart beating fast when Taeyeon asked him about his feeling to Yoona. He wondered could this child led their relationship into a deeper level?

 

---

*Ding Dong*

“Coming~” said Taeyeon.

“Oh Taecyeon! You’re here!”

“…yes” Taecyeon answered. He looked into the house and he saw Yoorim was all ready.

“Yoorim, come to him” Yoona told Yoorim

Yoorim slowly walked toward him, still with curious eyes.

“It’s Yoorim’s appa. Say hi to him” said Taeyeon, but Yoorim refused to call him “appa”.

“It will take time, don’t worry” Taeyeon said to Taecyeon.

Yoona walked to Taecyeon and handed him Yoorim’s backpack. She told him that inside there are a several of Yoorim’s favorite books and he must read to Yoorim before she goes to sleep, and also a few of her clothes.

“Thanks…I’ll take good care of her.” Taecyeon reassured Yoona

The four of them walked out to Taecyeon’s car. Yoona said goodbye to Yoorim and told her she must be a good girl. Even though Yoorim was quite sad and unsure, she still remembers her mom and aunt already promised to buy her a toy dog. Yoona kissed Yoorim on the cheek, and then Taecyeon drove off.

“I hope everything will be fine…” said Yoona in worry tone.

“For me...I’m glad to see this day finally happened…” smiled Taeyeon