Learn to Forgive

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

Yoona was quite down because of the incident so she decided to stay home for the morning. She sat outside at the bench and was in some deep thinking. Being the good sister, Taeyeon noticed something wrong with Yoona right away. She sat next to Yoona; and with a concerned voice, Taeyeon asked…

“Yoona, something went wrong last night? You seemed unhappy…”

“Unnie…we met again…” Yoona gave Taeyeon the answered while looking down on the ground.

“You meant…you met him again?” asked Taeyeon with a shocked expression. Yoona looked at Taeyeon and nodded.

“Did he found out about Yoorim?” Taeyeon asked.

“No…we didn’t talk…I ran away” she answered. “

You can’t hide this forever…Someday he will know…So isn’t better to let him know now, while Yoorim is still young?”

“I don’t know…”

“I know 5 years ago I told you that Yoorim will be fine without a father, but watching her growing up in these past years, I realized that a father figure is important to her.”

“What will happen after I told him about Yoorim? Do you think he will take Yoorim away from me since his family is so rich?”

“I don’t think he will do that. He seems like a nice guy”

“But you never know…” Yoona worried

“Let’s give it a try…” Taeyeon said, “Maybe I will go and talk to him first to see how thing goes, then we’ll decide to tell him or not.”

 

---

Taeyeon went to the Seoul Hospital and asked for Taecyeon’s number. She called him and asked to meet at a nearby cafe. Taecyeon was surprised that Taeyeon contacted him, and wondered what was the reason behind it.

“Hello, sorry for making you wait.” Taecyeon apologized

“Don’t worry. I called you out because I want to talk to you.” Taeyeon said

“How’s your family background?” she asked

“Uhm…my family included my parents and one older brother. The Seoul Hospital building belongs to them. My older brother is a businessman and he often went overseas. As for me, even though I’m not as great as them, but I have my own recording studio…”

“Okay, that’s enough. Then what do you think about my sister?” Taeyeon asked with a serious voice.

“Your sister?...she’s a nice girl, for sure…but she seems to hate me.”

“There’s a reason for that…”Taeyeon murmured

“What?”

“Oh, nothing. Okay, so let me ask you…do you want to have a better relationship with my sister?”

“We’re still sort of strangers to each other…but if I can make your sister hate me less, I guess that will be nice too” Taecyeon said.

“This sister of mine…she’s quite stubborn” then Taeyeon handed Taecyeon a piece of paper with an address on it.

“Here, this is the address to our bakery store. Go there if you want to see her.”

“…Thanks” said Taecyeon with an unsure looks.

Taeyeon left the cafe and went back home. On her way back, she couldn’t stop thinking about both Taecyeon and Nichkhun, wondered who would be better….

“Yoona seems to like Nichkhun better…they’re childhood friend after all…and he’s nice to Yoorim too.” she thought…”But Taecyeon is Yoorim’s father and it would be better if Yoorim gets to know him…”

“Ahhh this is too confusing. Well, I already gave Taecyeon a chance, going further or not it’s his choice. May God helps my sister and let her find the perfect man.” Taeyeon said as she looked up at the sky, put all her faith to the above.

 

---

Taecyeon was still at the cafe. He held the piece of paper and started think…

“Should I go and look for her?” he thought.

“But she wasn’t anything to me!” he said to himself

“Though…I should be a man and give her a formal apologize…” then he took out his cellphone, called his girlfriend and cancelled their date.

 

---

At the bakery…

“Hello Yoona, hope you got a good night sleep yesterday…” Khun walked into the store.

“Hi Khun” she smiled, “Do you want something?” she asked

“Oh no, I’m fine. I ate before I came here. Just go and do your business. Ignore me. I’ll play with Yoorim” he said to her.

“Yoorim~~ Khun appa came~!” Yoona called out her daughter

“Khun appa!!!” Yoorim ran to him for a hug from the bakery’s kitchen.

“Yoorim, you’re such a good girl!” he told her while hugging her.

“Let’s go out to the play ground and play, agree?”

“Let’s go to the playground!!” Yoorim excited

“I’ll take her out, we’ll be back” Khun said to Yoona

“Thanks for taking care of her” Yoona smiled to Khun

“No problem~ she’s my goddaughter.” then he turned to Yoorim, “Let’s go~~” Khun picked Yoorim up and carried her to the playground.

It made Yoona happy to see Yoorim so happy. At this time, Taeyeon got back to the bakery from the meeting with Taecyeon.

“Unnie, you’re back”

“I just went to see him”

“Who?”

“Yoorim’s father, Taecyeon”

“…what did you told him?” Yoona asked, as she felt uneasy

“I didn’t tell him anything yet, just gave him the address to this bakery.”

“But…unnie, I’m still worry about it…”

“This is all for Yoorim, she deserves to know about her dad”

“I’m still not ready to face him again…”

“Yoona, it has been 5 years. Just think of it as a mistake. Now erase all that memories. You two can be friends if you don’t think about the incident 5 years ago anymore. Also, can you imagine your life without Yoorim?”

“Maybe you’re right…I can’t live without Yoorim now. She’s my everything.”

 

---

“The address to this bakery seems like the one me and Jiwon visisted…” Taecyeon said to himself

“And there’s that playground again…” He looked out at the playground through the passenger’s window.

“Oh…and there’s that little girl…with a guy…seems like her father…But he looks familiar…” he thought

“The bakery is over there. Indeed it is that one…”

Taecyeon got off the car, took a deep breath and walked into the bakery.

“E…excuse me…” he said as he opened the door

“Oh…so you decided to come” Taeyeon said as she saw him

Yoona looked up. They met once again. This time, in her bakery.

“…Hello” he said

“…Y..you came…” said Yoona while looking straight into his eyes. This was the only time after 5 years that she could look at him and talk.

“Your sister gave me this address…” Taecyeon told Yoona

“Is there anything you want to say?” she asked

“I came here to see how you’ve been doing…as a friend…and I want to send you my apologize again…”

“Already 5 years…it’s over…No need to talk about it or apologize anymore….”

“But you still seems to hate me…”

“…I’m fine…I don’t hate you…”

By that time, Nichkhun and Yoorim came back into the bakery hand in hand. Yoorim ran to Yoona.

“Umma!!! We picked a flower for you!! Khun appa said that you look pretty as a flower!” Yoorim excitedly handed Yoona a white flower.Taecyeon looked at Yoorim, and he realized Yoorim is that little girl at the playground.

“…Did she just call you umma?” Taecyeon asked

Yoona didn’t answer

Yoorim looked at Taecyeon and she recognized him

“Umma, he’s the stranger that day…” Yoorim told her mom

“Khun appa! You put this flower on umma’s hair!” Yoorim ran over to Khun whose was still standing at the back. Taecyeon turned back and looked. He recognized Khun, the guy he saw yesterday at the restaurant with Yoona… He looked at Yoorim, Khun, then looked back at Yoona. With confused eyes, he asked…

“…You got married?”

Taeyeon at the side couldn’t believe what she just heard…

“What an idiot!” she thought…