Phase 1 A: Reconnaissance---The Second First Encounter

Counter-clockwise (NEW)

 

Date: October 31

Day: Wednesday

8pm, Mirai University High School Sector Thirteenth floor. The Haunted Science Lab

 

Lights are flickering on and off at the stairs near the Haunted Science Lab. Five Senior High boys are there. They plan on ghost hunting. They are minding their own business, as usual, oblivious to whatever entity that might have been watching them…

 

The shadows cast on the plain white walls of the hallways and the Science Lab were tormenting. As the lights flickered on and off, shadow figures loom into the ceiling, patiently waiting for their victims. Not that the Mirai University itself was creepy. It was just that certain room on that certain floor. In fact Mirai University is the best (elite education, top-class faculty and facilities, first-class rooms, equipments, and furniture with the most comfortable ventilation ever-the heaters also functions as coolers during summer) university all across the Aa Archipelago. To explain the flickering lights-it’s either a lousy electrician forgetting to fix it, or a paranormal activity is present.

 

“Where are you going, Seung Gi?” says a spiky-haired guy named Felix. His deep voice gave Seung Gi goosebumps. Felix is your typical rebel. Messy uniform with one or two buttons open, undone/loose necktie, slacks torn at strategic places, worn-out  sneakers(not really worn-out, in fact, they’re brand new. They’re just made to look worn out as fashion), spiky dyed hair, earrings, and tattoos give him away.

“Er…home…I guess.” Seung Gi replied. He scratched his head and thought of his other options for escape. Aside from Drew, he is the most opposed to this idea. Not that he’s afraid of ghosts. He just had his own reason. Now that you think of it, he probably was.

Seung Gi is the kind of guy that lives up to the quote “What you see is what you get”. His uniform were customized from the finest silk and suited to look like the normal Mirai University High School uniform. He even wore a branded necktie to match it. His shoes were made from the finest leather that was to be thrown if ever a single scratch or mark were to appear to them. His hair is- a salon-mess. Meaning the mess his hair’s always in was customized in top-class salon, or probably by top-caliber stylists. Add up his charming dimple, and what you get is the usual Seung Gi.

Felix was blocking his chance to escape. He gotta think of a way to prevent all of this from happening…

 

Seconds later, his face turned pale and became very sweaty as if he saw a ghost.  His shaky hands pointed at the back of Felix. Felix slowly turned his head and soon, Seung Gi was gone!

Where could he have gone?

Felix rolled his eyes around to look for the missing Seung Gi.

Could he have been abducted by the rumored ghost?

Or could he have made his successful escape?

 

“Haha! I got you now! Here you go, boys!” A girl named Hale suddenly appeared at the stairway. She probably came from the elevator and saw Seung Gi struggling to escape (and even considering going down thrirteen gruesome floors just to). She grabbed Seung Gi at the back of his collar and threw him towards his friends.

It turns out, Seung Gi tricked Felix so he could escape, though Felix doesn’t seem to get what Seung Gi pointed at earlier, and he probably forgot about that by now.

Though Seung Gi fooled Felix, he was blocked by Hale. This means that there’s no escape to this inevitable event now…

Though Hale is a girl, she is taller than most of the guys in her class. But from where Hale came from, she is actually pretty short. Hale waved at the guys and pressed the elevator button. Hale is the typical rockstar chic, with scarlet hair, band shirts (which are visible through her blouse), creepy accessories and all (with matching short-cropped messy hairstyle-imagine that fashion plus a typical High School uniform)

“You sure you’re not coming, Hale?” Nathan asked. He put his hand in her shoulder to stop her. Nathan is your mediocre student, with thick round glasses and braces, and messy, curly hair. When I say messy, I mean, real messy. Seung Gi’s hair is just wavy and nothing compared to the mess Nathan’s hair is at. His necktie is even too tight, and the buttons in his uniform are closed (including the ones in the neck). He’s always sweaty, and all, though he’s not in any sports. I wonder what he did to be included in Seung Gi’s group.

Nathan got his wrist twisted. Then Hale calmly said: “Yeah, go on ahead. Rina is waiting for me. And I doubt you’ll see your precious ghost there. Besides, they’re not real.”

“I know, but…” Nathan whispered on Hale’s ears.  He seemed startled by her gross skull earrings, but he ignored it for a chance to smother himself with the scent of Hale’s shoulder-length scarlet hair.

“Let me guess…You’ll take their pictures and upload them on MiraiFriends.com.” Hale guessed, pushing Nathan’s creepy head away without Nathan noticing.

“You bet! It’s gonna be the hottest pic, peaking on 300 hits!” Nathan wailed, self-satisfied. By screaming on Hale’s ears and showering her with his sputum (Man it was gross, look at his braces), he received a blow in his gut from Hale’s shoulder. It knocked his soul out of his body. Figuratively, of course.

“We can hear you, moron!” Seung Gi said to Nathan. The guys had a good laugh. Seung Gi then confiscated his overpriced camera (so he could not succeed in taking such embarrassing photos) and tried to flee amidst the chaos.

“Still thinking about going home? Then forget about me teaching you the riffs of Knocking on Heaven’s Door.” Felix said, suddenly blocking Seung Gi on the stairs. Felix and Seung Gi both play the guitar. Everytime Felix plays a riff that Seung Gi doesn’t know, he’d strangle Felix to teach him.

“Man, I could learn them by myself; there are lots of tutorials in the internet!” Seung Gi said.

“Don’t you guys think Seung Gi is acting a little weird today?” Ethan asked. Ethan is your typical athlete, a towel on his shoulders, jersey shirt and shorts, and Mirai Sports Team sponsored shoes and socks give him away. Oh and a messenger bag that contain a change of clothes and water

“Yeah. All of a sudden, he’s uninterested on learning your riffs, Felix.” Nathan said, trying to wrap his shoulders on Hale’s waist.

“He’s probably just afraid of ghosts.” Hale said as she flipped Nathan and threw him inside the Haunted Science lab.

“Hehe! Seung Gi’s such a wimp! Scared-y pants!” Felix teased. But Seung Gi tapped Felix’s shoulder and grinned at Felix wickedly. Drew and Ethan gazed into each other, wondering what Seung Gi and Felix was planning.  Surely, Seung Gi and Felix is scheming something wicked .

“Guys, I think it’s really time to go home, it’s too dark now.” Seung Gi said as the door creaked. Seung Gi said that with an evil grin on his face. A powerful, black, evil aura is emanating through him. Of course that’s not true.

This could have only resulted from a paranormal activity. There’s no way a door at Mirai University would creak.

“Hah! Did you guys hear that?! Seung Gi is really scared of ghosts!” Nathan said as he tried to get up and rush towards the closing door of the Haunted Science Lab. As the door closed, Nathan’s friends outside sprinted, as if they were chased by something.

SLAM!!! The door slammed shut.

This could have only resulted from a paranormal activity. I’m sure. There’s no way a door at Mirai University would produce such a horrifying slam like that.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Nathan wailed.

“Man, that was a good scream. Louder than my Mom’s when she wakes me up in the morning!” Ethan said.

FLASH! Seung Gi took a picture of Nathan through the open window. This was made possible by Rocket Triple Lens Camera. It has the technology to capture photos in sheer darkness with its UltraFlashTM technology.

“Yeah man! I’m sure that picture would get 3000 hits on MiraiFriends.com! Nice job, Seung Gi.” Felix said.

“Hmm…No reaction from Nathan. I wonder what he’s up to. Come on, does he really believe there are ghosts here? Or perhaps, he’s already crying in there. You guys are so harsh” Drew said.

Drew’s ExtraSensory Perception must’ve been very dull.

Seung Gi hushed Drew, winked at him and said. “It’s just a prank, Drew, don’t take it seriously.” Seung Gi whispered to Drew. “Don’t you guys know how buildings that have more than 13 floors are built? They offer lives, as in human lives. They mix blood on the cement, which they use from the first to the thirteenth floor.” Seung Gi said aloud so Nathan could hear.

An ominous gust (that makes the hair on your skin stand out) blew from the closed Haunted Science Lab. Nathan, who was trapped inside was being unnaturally quiet. He’s probably sobbing due to the embarrassing picture that Seung Gi took, or perhaps, he peed his pants from the eerie and gloomy view of the Science Lab at night. Unnatural fumes are lit up by the faint sliver of the moon seeping from the windows. But not to worry, this is a Science Lab. Fumes and Smokes and the likes are natural, probably from an undisposed chemical.Nathan thought

The flutter of a huge bird’s wings startled him. Probably  a crow or vulture, or maybe a bat.

“GG…GGuys, I need to pee… Please, You can… You can upload that pic. I..I.. I don’t care! Just let me out here.” Nathan finally uttered.

“Man, I didn’t believe that Nathan would buy that lame story of yours, Seung Gi. Well, I gotta be going.” Hale whispered.

“Did you guys see Nathan?” Ethan asked in a fiendish manner. He was observing Nathan through a dark window in which Nathan couldn’t look, or perhaps too scared to look.

“No, he probably went home already.” Felix said.

“Come on, let’s go home, before the ghosts arrive. Nathan’s probably sleeping sound already.” Seung Gi said.

“HHHHHHEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I’m here! Help! Seung Gi! I promise I’ll never tease you again! You can call me scared-y pants for a whole month if you let me outta here! I’ll treat you guys lunch everyday! GUYS!”

For some reason, the door wouldn’t budge. It happens, at times, due to rusty hinges, or something blocking it, or due to haste and stupidity. It was perhaps the latter. But Seung Gi didn’t lock it for sure, and if he did, of course he wouldn’t need a key to open it. Most doors could only be locked and opened from the inside right? And if you were outside, you would need a key. If you were inside, you just need to turn the knob and you’re free!

How naïve could this High School guys be? Couldn’t they realize that there’s no way a lock at Mirai University could fail? There has to be some evil at fault here. Good thing the evil hasn’t declared its presence yet. Or would it? If so, Nathan is in big trouble. Come to think of it, Seung Gi’s story might actually be true-about the blood offerings during building construction.

“Man, just let him out already,” Drew said.

Drew must’ve finally sensed something. Nathan is now hitting the door with all remaining force he has left. That’s his huge mistake. He should’ve conserve his energy for the need to run later.

“I sure didn’t lock it. He could’ve just opened the door himself. But well, it’s a good deal. Hahaha! Scared-y pants, here I go!” Seung Gi said.

The door creaked open. But no one’s around. The hairs on Nathan’s shoulder stood. Suddenly, the lights stopped flickering and went out. The ominous wind made him shiver as he fumbled in the dark corridor. Something fell. Seung Gi went out (he was hiding to scare off Nathan) to see what it was that grabbed his arm.

“Seung…Gi…Th…thanks…but…ll…let’s run…NOW!!!!!!!!”It was just Nathan. He sprinted out and tried to yank Seung’s Gi’s arm.

“Nathan. I ain’t gonna fall for that. But seriously, I’m sorry for locking you up. I think I…hehe…broke your Rocket Triple Lens Camera. Hehe. Don’t worry, I’ll pay for it.” Seung Gi fumbled through the darkness to pick up the expensive camera. It’s kinda creepy in total darkness. You never know what your clumsy hands might pick up. Good thing the floors on Mirai University are always clean and free from bacteria. Suits Seung just right.

The lights finally and shone a steady light. Seung Gi looked up. Nathan was gone. The Camera was safe in his hands. Instead, a girl was sobbing in front of her. On her feet lay shards of broken glass. Her face was covered by her hair so she couldn’t be recognized. Her body was splashed by the color of crimson. No wait, is that blood?

Wait, where did this girl came from? And why is she covered in crimson red? Something’s not right…

She looked at her shaking hands, picked up her things and ran away.