Lost Dream

Lost Dream

 

Life couldn’t be more perfect for Nam Woohyun.

He was in one of the hottest Korean groups in Korea, Infinite, and they were slowly rising up to become top stars.

Woohyun could see his dream which was smiling at him as he was one step closer to achieving it every single day and everything was just perfect.

And to add onto that, Woohyun had the most beautiful man on earth (well he saw it that way) as his boyfriend which was none other than Kim Sunggyu, the leader of Infinite.

Sunggyu was now a big part of Woohyun’s life and sometimes Woohyun even feels that Sunggyu could be even more important to him than his dream.

“Woohyun ah!” Woohyun hears that melodic voice call his name and he immediately brightens and opens his eyes slowly, realizing that he had fallen asleep on the sofa while waiting for Sunggyu to be ready.

“Come on, we got vocal training~” Sunggyu whines and shakes Woohyun lightly to wake him up.

“Okay, I’m awake, let’s go Hyung.” Woohyun says and gets up, putting his hand in Sunggyu’s as they walk out of the dorm.

The managers were busy taking the other members to their respective schedules which left Woohyun and Sunggyu with no choice but to walk to their vocal training.

Not that they would mind though, it meant extra time for the two of them, alone.

“Ya, Woohyun, did you forget again?” Sunggyu complains softly as he puts a cap on Woohyun’s head to cover up his face more which was already donned with black sunglasses.

“Stop being so paranoid, Hyung.” Woohyun chuckles as he tightens his grip on Sunggyu’s hand.

“What if fans see us?” Sunggyu whispers as they walk along the street, hand in hand.

“Is it shameful to be seen with me?” Woohyun pouts, but quickly says as he sees Sunggyu’s face darken, “I know you’re worried Hyung, but it doesn’t matter, we’re Woogyu, remember?”

“Whatever, I’m always the one worrying…” Sunggyu says, crosses his arm and walks in front of Woohyun.

“Hyung~ You’re mad?” Woohyun says, trying to use his aegyo on Sunggyu, but Sunggyu continued to walk away from him, ignoring Woohyun.

Woohyun sighed. He hated that Sunggyu was such a sensitive person, but at the same time, he loved it when Sunggyu was sensitive about things regarded to him.

“Hyung! Wait for me, come on, don’t be mad anymore…” Woohyun whines as he tries to catch up with Sunggyu.

As Sunggyu is about to cross the road, he turns around and gives Woohyun a glare before crossing, completely ignoring the traffic.

Woohyun has sharp eyes though, especially on things regarded to Sunggyu and he immediately spots the car which is obviously driving over the speed limit and ignoring the traffic light.

Without thinking or hesitating even for a second, Woohyun runs as fast he could towards Sunggyu and shields his body from the impact about to come.

“Woo-“ Sunggyu tries to say but the impact comes and they are both knocked onto the ground but to Sunggyu’s surprise, he doesn’t feel a thing as his head lands softly onto a big hand which was cradling his head and his body was protected by a strong one which was directly on top of him.

Sunggyu gets up quickly to see a pale looking Woohyun on the ground, Woohyun’s hands still protectively holding onto Sunggyu.

“Hyun?! Are you okay? Hyun? Look at me!” Sunggyu says, panicked as Woohyun’s eyes were fluttering open and close, as if he was trying very hard to keep his eyes open.

“Hy-ung…” Woohyun manages to say as blood trickles down the side of his mouth.

“Woohyun? Are you okay? Oh my god, stay with me baby, please don’t close your eyes…” Sunggyu says as tears threatened to fall from his eyes.

“I love you Hyung…” Woohyun says and tries to smile.

The last thing Woohyun hears is Sunggyu’s strangled voice and his tear stricken face before everything went black.

 

Sunggyu was pacing outside the operation room as he prayed and prayed that Woohyun would be alright.

The event played into his mind again and again.

Why was Woohyun so foolish as to save him and end up hurting himself?

“Hyung!” Sunggyu hears Dongwoo’s loud voice and turns to see the other 5 members rushing towards him.

Seeing Sunggyu’s disheveled face, Dongwoo immediately pulls him into a hug and lets Sunggyu cry uncontrollably into his chest.

The other 4 members were frozen to the spot as they had never seen Sunggyu like this before, so weak and helpless.

Myungsoo was holding on to Sungyeol as the latter was on the verge of crying while Hoya was comforting Sungjong who was sobbing silently.

At that moment, the lights on top of the operation room flicker off and the doctor comes out.

Hoya, who was the most composed at that time, left Sungjong in Myungyeol’s hands as he quickly asked the doctor about Woohyun’s condition.

“He’s still under the anesthesia and the operation went smoothly but there are some complications, may I ask for all of you to follow me into my room?” the doctor said.

Sunggyu, who has managed to gather himself at the moment, is on the verge of breaking down again.

Complications? What complications?

Everyone piled into the room, Sunggyu clutching onto Dongwoo in case something shocking was to be known, Sungjong and Sungyeol both in Myungsoo’s arms and Hoya who sat down on the chair in front of the doctor, calm as always.

“Normally, for normal people, this complication may be alright as it is temporary, may I emphasize, it is temporary, but the time length is different for every single person, it may last for a few weeks, a few months, even years. Normal people may cope with this quite well…however; I do know that Nam Woohyun is not a normal person.” The doctor says.

“What is the difference between Woohyun Hyung and normal people?” Sungjong says softly.

“You’re all not normal people. You’re idols, and you make living through singing and dancing…Okay, I’ll be straightforward now. Nam Woohyun has temporarily lost the ability to speak.” The doctor continues as he eyes the members slowly.

Myungsoo’s eyes widen, but his expression stays cool as always, Sungyeol and Sungjong hold each other while Dongwoo’s face crumbles. Hoya shakes his head slowly and Sunggyu is just rooted to the ground, dumbfounded.

“What? He has lost the ability to speak? What? How can that be? What is this?!” Sunggyu is near shouting as he gets agitated and Hoya quickly grabs onto Sunggyu before he can kill the doctor as Dongwoo is already too weak to do anything.

“He had quite a hug blow to the back of his head and unfortunately, it affected the nerves which connect to his vocal chords. I already said that this condition is temporary…it depends on each person, everything else will be normal, except that he won’t be able to speak. I know this will greatly affect his career, but I’m sorry, we aren’t able to do anything except to wait.” The doctor says apologetically.

“You can go see him now, I’m sure he has woken up and would like to see all of you.” The doctor continues and gestures for them to leave the room.

Sunggyu immediately rushes out of the room.

Dongwoo is now in Hoya’s arms and Sungyeol and Sungjong walk nervously behind Myungsoo.

When Sunggyu opens the door to the room, Woohyun is already sat up on the bed and it’s obvious he knows about his condition as his eyes are filled with sadness, but he still smiles when he sees Sunggyu.

Sunggyu runs towards Woohyun and hugs him tightly as he cries uncontrollably.

Woohyun pats the back of Sunggyu’s head slowly and gently as if to tell him that ‘it’s okay’.

The other members who witness this keep their heads bowed down and Dongwoo is nearly hysterical now that Hoya has to accompany him out of the room.

Sungjong is whimpering but with Sungyeol and Myungsoo comforting him, the three of them stay calm but leave the room quietly so that Woohyun and Sunggyu have their time alone.

Sunggyu finally lets go of Woohyun and he frowns at Woohyun’s damp clothes from his tears.

“Woohyun ah, baby, do you hurt anywhere, are you okay?” Sunggyu immediately asks, looking for any signs of injury on Woohyun and there are bandages on his arms, legs and a huge one around his head, but Woohyun shakes his head slowly and smiles.

“Don’t lie to me pabo! Look at you, I know these injuries must be painful…It’s all my fault, why did you have to save me? Why did you have to take my place on this hospital bed?” Sunggyu says, and annoyance is clear in his voice, he was angry at Woohyun but it was because he hated it how Woohyun risked his life for Sunggyu, not caring about his own.

Woohyun immediately picks up the pen and paper on the bedside table and starts writing.

Seeing this, Sunggyu starts to tear up again as the reality hits him harder than before, Woohyun wasn’t able to speak, wasn’t able to voice out his feelings, and Sunggyu wasn’t able to hear Woohyun’s deep and calming voice anymore.

Even though it was temporary, Sunggyu was still annoyed, Woohyun didn’t deserve this.

Woohyun finally stops writing and hands the paper to Sunggyu.

‘I’m willing to give up my life for you, Hyung, if the same event took place again, I would do the same thing and save you.’

“Why?” Sunggyu immediately asks.

Woohyun looks at Sunggyu with a ‘are you just dumb or clueless?’ face, but seeing Sunggyu’s questioning face, he starts writing on another piece of paper.

‘Because I love you. And that will never change.’

Holding the piece of paper, Sunggyu starts to sob again and Woohyun’s heart breaks as he sees the man he loves break down in front of him and quickly wipes Sunggyu’s tears away.

Woohyun knows why Sunggyu can’t stop crying, he knows the reason for the other boy’s pain.

Infinite will no longer consist of seven members.

“I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you…” Sunggyu says over and over again, but Woohyun knows he doesn’t mean it and it’s just a way to express his anger and frustration at the current situation.

Woohyun’s the one full of injuries, but in the end, it’s him who cradles Sunggyu in his arms to soothe his beloved Hyung.

 

“This is the best way to deal with this situation, Sunggyu.” Infinite’s CEO says and frustration is shown in the way his eyebrows are creased but he’s trying to control his emotions.

Sunggyu on the other hand, has completely lost it.

He is practically shouting at the CEO now, and the other members have long left the room, not wanting to be part of this heated argument.

“Yeah, leave! It doesn’t matter to anyone of you that Infinite will now consist of six members, it doesn’t matter that our family will not be complete anymore, all you… you traitors!” Sunggyu shouts at them when they leave and the CEO shakes his head slowly.

He knows, he knew from the time Woohyun and Sunggyu started smiling at each other, he knew that they had a special relationship, it was special, which was why he didn’t do anything about it.

But right now, he had to break off this relationship, as well as Woohyun’s relationship with the rest of Infinite, so that by sacrificing Woohyun, he could save the other members and their careers.

“Sunggyu, wake up, this is reality, you cannot change anything! Even though it is temporary, Woohyun won’t be able to sing, let alone speak for a long period of time and during this period of time, Infinite cannot stay and wait for him, Infinite has to move on, you as the leader should know that very well! If Infinite stops promotions, they will gradually be forgotten, you know how things work in the entertainment industry. I’m very sorry to Woohyun as well, but what can I do? The only thing I can do now is to sacrifice one person’s career to save 6 others.” The CEO says as he looks at Sunggyu, praying for the latter to understand him.

However, all Sunggyu could think of right now was Woohyun, Woohyun and Woohyun.

“So what? You’ll kick Woohyun out of the group, make the fans accept that fact and Infinite just moves on like nothing had happened? Is that it? What is Woohyun going to do? What can he do?!” Sunggyu loses his mind and shouts but is quickly pulled back by Woohyun.

Woohyun temporarily calms Sunggyu down and he looks at the CEO knowingly before quickly writing something down on his notepad.

‘I’ll leave. Don’t worry, I’m sure Infinite will be just fine with 6 members. Hyung nim, thank you for taking care of me all this while, thank you for giving me a chance.’

The CEO cannot hold back his emotions anymore as he gives Woohyun a big hug.

Woohyun, as well as the rest of Infinite were like sons to him and having to let Woohyun go was hurting him as much as it was hurting Sunggyu, but he had no choice.

The CEO nodded and quickly left the room.

“Where do you think you’re going? Ya!” Sunggyu shouts and tries to run after their CEO, but Woohyun pulls him back.

Woohyun shakes his head at Sunggyu, indicating to him to not go.

“Woohyun, do you know what you’re doing? Do you? I can’t let you lose your dream just like this, I can’t, Woohyun, Infinite will always be 7 members… I-” Sunggyu says but is cut off when Woohyun puts his notepad into his hands.

‘I can’t bring Infinite down with me, Hyung. It’s okay, I’ll be okay, the dream…I’ll just forget about it, it doesn’t matter anymore.’

Woohyun forces a smile at Sunggyu, but the tears falling down his cheeks give him away and Sunggyu softly caresses his face.

Only Sunggyu knew about Woohyun’s dream, and he knew how hard Woohyun works every single day so that he will be one step closer to reaching his dream, how can he let Woohyun’s dream fly away just like this?

 

He remembers the day when they were sitting on the rooftop, gazing at the stars after their first win with ‘Be Mine’.

Sunggyu swears he has never seen Woohyun smile as brightly as he was doing right now since the first time they met.

He knows Woohyun is elated, they all are, but Woohyun seems as if he was glowing.

“Hyung. I can see my dream right in front of me and life is so beautiful.” Woohyun says as his smile nearly reaches the sides of his eyes because he is so happy.

“Tell me your dream again, Woohyun ah?” Sunggyu says, he has heard Woohyun’s dream at least 100 times already, but he loves it that whenever Woohyun talks about his dream, he looks so happy and happy Woohyun is the Woohyun Sunggyu loves most and he always wants Woohyun to stay that way.

“One day, Infinite will be the most popular group in the entertainment industry, and everyone will know the seven talented boys of Infinite. We will have had concerts in every single country in this world and be able to say thank you to all of our inspirits. And I’ll look to my side and see all of you with me and I’ll be the happiest person in the world because I have my family with me and it will always stay that way. But I’m already so happy now, I can’t imagine how happier I can be…” Woohyun says and smiles brightly at Sunggyu.

Woohyun’s dream can also be what everyone in Infinite hopes for as well, but to Woohyun, it is his main motivation in life which is why Sunggyu loves this boy so much, his whole life revolves around Infinite, Woohyun hardly ever thinks about himself.

Sunggyu sees Woohyun turning to him and interlacing their fingers together before adding on, “And Hyung, everything is much more beautiful with you here, by my side. I love you so much.”

Sunggyu blushes as he thinks he thinks he is not worthy of being part of Woohyun’s beautiful dream, but when he looks at Woohyun who is looking at him with those eyes filled with love, he hugs the boy softly and whispers into his ear, “Thank you, for letting me be an important part of your life.”

“No, thank you Hyung, for coming into my life.” 

 

Now Sunggyu regrets. He regrets being a part of Nam Woohyun’s life, regrets bringing him into Infinite, regrets crossing the road without looking, regrets everything.

The beautiful boy he loved so much standing right in front of him right now was letting go of his beautiful dream, the dream that brightens up his life every day, how can Sunggyu let him do that?

Woohyun can sense that Sunggyu is dying inside and quickly brings the man into his arms before Sunggyu breaks down.

In times like this, Woohyun would normally sing a lullaby to Sunggyu to make him calm down, but unable to do that, Woohyun could only pat Sunggyu’s head softly, hoping it’ll soothe his nerves.

“I can only agree to you not promoting with us and Infinite being a 6 member group, but you will still stay with us.” Sunggyu finally says and Woohyun wants to protest, but seeing Sunggyu’s pleading eyes, he nods in agreement.

The CEO also relents since its Sunggyu’s only request and there isn’t really a big complication for Woohyun to still stay in the dorm, and if there were to be complications, he could sort them out later on, what was most important right now was for Sunggyu to be composed and calm.

If the leader wasn’t alright, how will the other members cope?

 

As soon as Woohyun and Sunggyu return to the dorm, all the other members are sitting in the living room and the atmosphere is so tense and it is the first time the dorm is so quiet.

On the way to the dorm, Woohyun had already used his notepad to tell Sunggyu that he had already wrote down whatever he plans to tell Infinite so Sunggyu doesn’t have to say anything.

Sunggyu just nods and doesn’t say a word as he is a little relieved for he knows if he has to break the news to Infinite himself, he would not be able to take it.

Woohyun walks to the middle of the living room, right in front of the TV and Sunggyu finds a seat next to Dongwoo as he also wants to know what Woohyun will say.

Woohyun smiles as if to reassure everyone that it will be okay before he takes out his notepad.

‘From today onwards, I will no longer be a part of Infinite.’

Sungyeol seems to be confused and looks at Myungsoo for answers but Dongwoo immediately gets it and he starts sobbing silently while Hoya holds on to his hand to comfort him.

‘I cannot bring all of you down with me since it is my own problem. I believe Infinite will be perfect even with 6 members.’

“Wha-?” Sungyeol starts but Myungsoo holds him back and Sungjong is clutching onto his teddy bear, holding in tears.

‘I want to thank all of you, thank you for letting me be a part of this amazing group and for treating me as family, giving me a home to go to.’

The tears Sunggyu has been holding have already escaped from his eyes at this point.

Everyone knew how Woohyun became an orphan from a very young age and he has never been able to trust anyone or feel like a normal person until he met infinite.

Infinite was like family to all the members, but they all had their own family as well so if one day Infinite was to break up, they would all have a place to go to but Woohyun, he only had Infinite.

 ‘Sunggyu Hyung has suggested that I continue staying in the dorm, but I would like to know what the rest of the members think before making a decision.’

Woohyun looks at the members expectantly waiting for their answers.

In less than 30 seconds, Dongwoo rushes to hug Woohyun and says in between his sobs, “Of course, Woohyun ah, we’re family after all…”

Hoya pats Woohyun’s back as he smiles, which is his answer.

“I never know I’ll say this, but don’t leave Nam grease…” Myungsoo says with no emotion but gives Woohyun a hug as well.

Sungyeol and Sungjong both hug Woohyun at the same time and they seemed to not have any ideas of letting go until they heard Sunggyu clear his throat.

“I love you so much, Hyun baby.” Sunggyu whispers into Woohyun’s ear only for him to hear when he finally gets the chance to hug his boyfriend.



 

Word Count: 3595 words.

Okay. Well this oneshot wasn't supposed to end like this...it was supposed to be more angsty etc, however, before I decide if I am to continue this oneshot or not I want to hear comments from readers :)

Would you like me to continue this and make into a twoshot/threeshot? :)

WARNING: if i continue it, it will probably contain more angst, if you readers are okay with that :)