The Teacher, The Student, and...

The Teacher, The Student, and The Ghost (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is it and it's gonna be long...

 

 

The Ghost

            Hi! My name is Shin Hyunae. I was 17 years old before my life was taken by a misfortunate circumstance. I was a girl that came from the slums. At the time I went missing, my older brother, who becomes a successful engineer, bought a new house for my family. It is in a different town. Even though my family did not know I was already dead at that moment, Mama created a room for me. It is full of pink, my favorite color. Right now, Mama always stays there. Tears still keep on falling from her eyes because she regrets my loss. She does not have much time to tell me how much she loves me.

           Right now, I’m no longer a part of the living world anymore. I actually thought I’m just going to stay there like a wandering ghost. I'm so thankful to the boy I met after I passed away.

           At first, I scared him. It was fun. When he got pissed off the next time I did that, I never saw any fear from him to me. Instead, he hurt me and he didn't care even if I’m a girl. He hated me. Yes, he was cold. But, I learned that his chilly personality had something warm inside. It required me to show my life story just to expose it. He was a boy who was always grouchy. He seldom smiled (or he didn't even try to). However, I started to like him being just like that.

           I initially called him boy then Park Chanyeol and finally just Chanyeol. He only doesn't want me to call him Baby.

          We’d gone through a lot of adventures. Although we have conflicting personalities, we blended just fine. Who would have thought a soul like me, who used to lose her body, going to gain true happiness after being dead? I’m grateful that fate let us encounter one another. 

 

          What I only wish for, for Chanyeol, is a happy ending too.

          I might not have melted his heart completely yet but I hope someone would do that for me.

 

          Till we meet again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom

            “Chanyeol, you’ll be leaving the country in two weeks.”

            “Two weeks? Mom, that's too early!”

          “Why is it too early? You will have a lot of stuff that we will need to fix here, boy. Your ticket is ready. I and your Appa already set the schedules for you.”

           Chanyeol, with no glasses on, sighed. He was saddened by his abrupt departure overseas for his studies. His mother who was over the phone told him what to expect in which she and her husband decided to have Chanyeol continue his high school and college in Georgia, USA. It was due to that horrendous incident and they were thinking of their son’s safety. The couple only wanted Chanyeol to have a peaceful life as much as possible, which could not be done if he stayed there. Mr. and Mrs. Park truly regretted leaving him behind in their motherland due to their respective careers so they wanted an organized future for Chanyeol.

           The boy was there, standing in his bedroom. He was looking at the stuff he would bring, which was literally everything in his room. All of it was neatly packed. The Ahjumma who was taking care of him as he grew up helped him to do it. She is always good to Chanyeol, unfortunately, this might be the last time she would see her.

 

          “Chanyeol?” His mom took him back to his consciousness.

          “Yes?” He blinked his eyes.

          “You’re spacing out.” His mom took notice. “You know what, sweetie, it’s very rare that we talk even when I was there last week.”

          “I’m sorry.” Chanyeol apologized, seating in one of the sealed boxes. He arched his back and rested his forehead on his palm.

          “Can you be frank to your mother and tell me what’s bothering you?”

          “Umma, there's nothing at all!” Chanyeol tried to convince his mom.

          “Really?” She sounded unconvinced. “One last question, are you falling with someone there now? Is it this girl called Amber? Or, is it with the ghost?”

          Chanyeol found his mom's question hilarious. He could not help but laugh nervously (with mixed emotions). He almost dropped the phone on the carpeted floor but thankfully he caught it. His belly was hurting and he had to hold it. When he could finally control his reflexes, he went back to the person he was talking to on the other line.

 

          “I’m sorry, Umma. I just can’t…” This time, he guffawed.

          “Yah, Chanyeol.” His mom got a little pissed off by his laughter, which scared him a bit. He stopped laughing to ease the growing annoyance of his mother.

          “I’m so sorry.” He sat up straight and then snorted. “But, umma, Amber is just a fella that helped me a bit on Noona’s case. And Noona, she's just like I said… Noona. In short, none of them.”

          “None? That means other than them, do you like someone else?” Seemed like his mother calm down.

          “Umma," he chuckled. "I thought just one last question.”

          “Well… alright, we’ll talk about this some other time. Goodnight, son.”

          “Goodnight.” Finally, their conversation ended. Chanyeol put the phone on his lap, breathing deeply.

 

          He stood up from the box just to sit, this time, on his bed. There, a huge white-teddy bear was on top of it. It was the stuffed animal Kris bought on their date (that actually Hyunae’s). He hugged it tightly, curling up with it.

           At that moment, Chanyeol’s heart felt so heavy. It was beating faster and louder. He did not know what was going on with him. This happened every time he heard something about love.  He did not know how it started but he knew it was just happening recently.

 

          “This is your fault. This is your fault.” He said as if he was chanting.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends

          In the middle of the summer break, the students decided to continue what they started to plan last season. They pushed for the school fair to be held. Everyone in town participated in their project. The Ministry of Education provided Shinho Academy with a new set of teachers and school Personnel. They were supportive of the resident students to start a good impression on the kids.

        Everyone enjoyed the festival, Shinho and Non-Shinho students, boys and girls, young and old. Even the monk, who helped Chanyeol and his friends, was there again after a few years of not attending.

          The students worked hard in order to give the people of the community such a spectacular three-day-school fair. The highlight of the event was the project of Chanyeol’s class, the Horror House.

 

          “Park Chanyeol, let’s go hang out.” Amber, jumping in happiness, offered as she, Baekhyun, Jongdae, and our protagonist were walking in the corridor. They were about to leave the school that afternoon as the event finally ended.

          Chanyeol looked at her quizzically. It was of course unusual that the President of the Student Body was spending time with them. But these days, Amber was always sticking with their group. Baekhyun and Jongdae just let her be but Chanyeol kept on questioning this.

          “Let’s go to the KTV nearby, what do you think?” Baekhyun suggested with a sweet smile on his lips. The shorter dragged the chestnut hair boy by linking their arms together and ran to Jongdae and Amber who were leading them.

          Their English teacher was walking on the opposite side. He stopped as he noticed the four students, especially Baekhyun’s hand who is now holding Chanyeol. The shorter boy squeezed the latter excitedly. It was annoying for him.

          He was interrupted by a fellow teacher who was wearing some gym clothes. Their conversation was progressing well, making him walk away with his co-instructor. It was Chanyeol’s time to glance at Kris. He did not know why but he felt like burning.

            “He seemed so close to Wu-Seonsaengnim.” Baekhyun whispered to the taller.

           “He’s Huang Zitao, the new P.E. teacher,” Amber said. The two finally reached the president and Jongdae.

          “He’s almost tall as Chanyeol but somehow, he looks younger than us,” Jongdae said. The four of them were looking at these teachers until they were gone.

 

          At the KTV

          Chanyeol sang with all his heart some love songs. You would think he was drunk with his matching pinkish cheeks but in reality, it’s not at all. They were still minors.

          He was pouring his feelings through the love songs he was singing. His three friends found it weird so they forced him to stop. It was getting too much. Unexpectedly, they won against the tallest this time. Chanyeol was now sitting at the corner raving his anger towards his friends.

          “Let’s make this day the happiest before you leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter