Thank you, My Ever-Violent-Dongsaeng

The Teacher, The Student, and The Ghost (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Funeral Day

 

          Finally this day had come. After 2 weeks of your autopsy on the authorities’ hands, they have released you. Your family, schoolmates and Chanyeol with his family gathered together. In that summer morning in the green fields, that was where they would bury your body.

          Almost everyone you knew was there. The people who you thought would never notice your existence also came. Your classmates Kim Jonghyun, Lee Hongki and Park Sanghyun were some of them. Chanyeol brought his friends as well, who helped you made all this possible.

          All these people gave their deepest condolences, giving all the support the family could get. If this would not happen, you might still be nobody for all of them. It is all because of the Class Representative’s help. Thank you.

 

          On the other hand, your case and the other missing students had technically been solved. The Ministry of Education removed the licenses of the teachers and school personnel who were involved to this incident. All of them including the Principal were terminated and going to be replaced by new sets of faculty.       

          Some of the students who died in the school were found hidden in the depths of that place, proving that all the speculations were true.

          Everything was almost right. You found your body, the perpetrators were found, and Chanyeol’s parents finally showed their love to him that they did not showed for a long time. Chanyeol thought with these have been settled, you might really have been gone in peace.

 

          Going back to present, the funeral was almost finished. When your body was buried in the ground of the soil, the guest made their leave one by one.

          The Shin Family thanked Chanyeol along with his friend for all their help. Even this was a sad truth that you could never reunite to them alive, they were happy to have at least got your remains back to them.

          The Ceremony was done, but Chanyeol stayed there for a bit. He climbed up a hill to have same rest for a while. He sat under one of the trees while viewing your grave from a far down.

          He rested his back, closed his eyes and smile. He was happy. Finally, the adventure he had with you ended.

 

          “You’ve done well.” A baritone voice complimented.

          Chanyeol were surprised that he was not alone. He leaned back because that is where he heard it.

 

          His tall English teacher was standing there at the back of the tree with a bright smile on his face. He’s still the same, wearing a James Bond like suit but that just matched the occasion.

          “Seonsaengnim.” Chanyeol kept blinking his eyes as he exchanged look on the man standing in front of him. Kris was too bright for that sunny afternoon. “Long time no see.”  

        “Yeah.” Kris chuckled as he walked forward. His hair moved with the summer wind beautifully. He pushed it back mildly and looked at the field down them.

          “How’s the interrogation?” Chanyeol, who was still looking his teacher, bent his knees and hugged it.

         The older answered him a slow nod as a sign that it was just fine. Kris was not an exception to be questioned by the police because he was working at the school.

          “They released me as soon as found out I am newly hired teacher.” Kris said.

          “That’s good.” The boy looked at where he was looking before.

          Kris released a deep breath before he sat with his student. Chanyeol was distracted by it but looked at the fields again.

 

          They have been silent after then until…

          “I could see her.” Kris broke the silent with what he said.

          Chanyeol knew who was that “her” he was referring to. The high school student was surprised. He thought his teacher was also included to them when they saw your past.

          “When I started working at the school, I saw her always lingering wherever I go.” Kris said. Chanyeol felt embarrassed that his conclusion was wrong. “I’m just ignoring her. It’s not like I’m scared of her. I had the ability to see the dead since I was born. It’s just that… I thought she would be nuisance to my investigation.”

          “Investigation?” Chanyeol moved a little bit backward. “Do you mean you are a something like a—spy.” He rolled his eyes and sighed. “I knew it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter