Piano Lessons with Nocturne Type of Music

The Teacher, The Student, and The Ghost (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         The day of the school fair was getting near. It’s a 3-day long festival that always held at the end of spring and welcoming the season of summer.

          All the students were busy preparing for each class presentation. Some haven’t started creating plans for if they are going to create booth or performance for the said event.

          Our main protagonist did not even pay attention to the school fair even he was the class representative. But, he was the one who gave his class the idea of:

 

          “Horror House” He said boringly to everyone in their room. He was sitting at the back corner (his usual spot) cupping his jaw with his palm.

          All of his classmates wondered to his suggestion but their substitute homeroom teacher Kris agreed to it. If this cool teacher said it was a good idea then they could not help but to approve.

          The whole class became busy whey they started the project. They did not notice their class representative would not have any care of it. He left them at the classroom because he had something more important to do.

 

          It’s been a week since our Park Chanyeol last met his ghost friend. He was worried of her (of course).  He knew Hyunae was still inside the school but did not want to show her presence to him anymore.

          He was looking for her for days now. Baekhyun was never been bothered by that ghost anymore. He and Jongdae kept themselves busy cooperating with the class for the school fair. They did not even notice Chanyeol was leaving the room time by time to search for his friend.

          Chanyeol walked on the corridors, checked every room and even visit the library (your favourite place). He never got tired finding you or even thinking of giving up.

 

          One of these days, because of tiredness and dizziness, he tried to rest at one of the bench and take off his glasses. Some girls recognized him as a former celebrity in the school.

          “Doll Yeol!” One of the girls screeched then all of them started screaming. Chanyeol startled with their reactions and ran away from the crowd.

          Maybe finding Hyunae publicly while exposing his real self was not a good idea at all.

        

          “Chanyeol”

 

          He heard your voice. He did not know if it was just his imagination because he was not used to that you were not around.

          But, he could really sense you right now.

          Yes, that was correct you finally let your aura revealed. You were just there observing him. You wanted to hide to him forever after you failed getting any information about your body’s whereabouts. You did not like for him to suffer with you anymore.

          However your conscience ate you, you could not just leave him like that.

          Chanyeol tried to feel where your presence was. He followed where it was getting stronger. He ended up in the old music room at the fifth floor. That place was very familiar to him.

          You were at the front of the black upright piano, sitting in the chair of it.

          You looked so down while you were playing little keys from it.

          He could not help but to chuckle after he found his ghost friend.

 

          “Grieg Nocturne.” He said in as-a-matter-of-fact-tone.

 

          You startled when you looked at where that voice coming from. He sat with you at the piano chair to continue the piece.

          “It’s normal for me to know it because I studied music since I was little but it is stranger for me that you knew such piece.”

          He was right; you lived in the slum that was what he knew about you. He was thinking this was might be one of the things you learned after death.

          “We had a very old piano like this at home.” You said with an emotionless face. “My older sister used to play it before when I was young but she abandoned it after my parents got a fight because of that.”

 

          When you were 13, you heard this piece in a music store. It quickly marked on your mind. After that, you keep on visiting the store for just waiting that they would play it again. When your brain was filled with that music, you saw the piano covered with cloth in the corner of your house. You tried to remember the tone, it was difficult at first but you made it. You kept the same routine every now and then until you finally play the piece completely.

 

          “You had able to learn this piece by just hearing it? Wow! That was incredible!” Chanyeol hysterically said in his amazement after you told him how you acquired that ability.

          “But, that was just that song and this is actually the first time I heard the title of it.” You said shyly. It was embarrassing for you however you felt really great with his comment.

          Chanyeol played another piece; it was one of Chopin’s famous nocturnes.

          “Op. 9 no. 2.” He said proudly.

          “It was so familiar.” You said while feeling safe as you laid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter