The Journey to 100 Steps while Listening to the Trivias of a Former ADHD Patient

The Teacher, The Student, and The Ghost (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         It seems summer is getting near. The sun keeps on glaring at the center of the sky every each day that passes. The rays of it are scorching hot for springtime. However, it’s getting usual for our senior student to have this kind of weather.

 

        ‘Sigh’ Chanyeol released a deep breath as he stepped his foot at the stairs his climbing on to. He turned back how far he had gone. He guessed he already set his feet 47th step of the stairs. To tell you frankly, that was a lot already.

          “Chanyeol!” A loud tenor voice called out the chestnut hair that he described as annoying. Chanyeol’s eyes focused into two of his best pals that were following him all this while. He rolled his eyes before he continued his walk up.

          These boys called Jongdae and Baekhyun tried to catch up with him even they were exhausted and tired enough.

          “Gosh, Baekkie what’s wrong with Chanyeol? Didn’t he just get recovered from being ill?” Jongdae took off his glasses to wipe the sweat forming on the corners of his eyes as well on his forehead.

          Baekhyun looked at him while both of them were gasping of air. “I don’t even know. I’m also worried of his condition.” They stopped walking at the same time while viewing the tallest getting farther from them. “But he’s persistent.”

          Chanyeol glanced at them again, noticing that his friends were not after him anymore.

          “Guys?”

 

         Before this journey started, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to go with him somewhere after school this morning. Jongdae overheard them that interest him to join even his not aware where to go to. That was why they ended up in this part of the story.

         The two hurried then run to reach him. When they synced in pace, the boys took this opportunity to talk.

          “You know Kim Jongdae-Sshi, if you want to go you are free to do so.” Chanyeol coldly said as he fixed his glasses.

          “But Baeks and I were wondering on where you got that stamina to go this temple trip. What are you up to? And, don’t call me on my full name Mr. Classs Representative! I keep telling you guys to call me CHEN.”

          “What are you? A Chinese guy?” The chestnut hair fastened his pace again then stopped. “I just want to help this friend right now.” Chanyeol’s eyes were aiming at Baekhyun and he resumed walking.

          The chocolate brown hair started to became anxious because of it. Jongdae tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

          “What does he mean about that?”

          “It’s because…” He didn’t know how to continue.

          “His house is hunted.” Chanyeol added.

          “What?” The boys stopped climbing at the stairs for the nth time.

          “His right.” Baekhyun stared at the tallest before Jongdae. “Recently, our house was getting this freezing aura like you could say it’s creepy. I sense my late Grandma was visiting us so I asked Chanyeol to help me.”

          “So you’re looking for a monk or some kind of spiritualist to purify your house?”

          “Yes, something like that.” Baekhyun smiled as Jongdae got what’s the mission for this trip about.

          As this nerdy friend finally figured everything out, he became busy giving some trivia which he usually did if they were into something. Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s right hand. The two exchanged look and pretended they were listening to Jongdae because…

          “Chanyeol, thank you for doing this for me.” You said inside Baekhyun’s body. Chanyeol’s friend was sleeping inside his container because you’re controlling him again.

          “I promise that I’m going to help you yesterday, right?” Chanyeol spoke with you in your usual telepathy conversation. “And it seems you’re enjoying my friends body than mine, huh.”

         “No, I just think it’s more convenient if we were both talking with warm bodies other than being in ghost-human relationship. Why? Are jealous because I’m not using you as my container anymore?”

          “Not exactly.” Chanyeol said loudly out of your telepathic world because your hands got disconnected.

          You chuckled and held his hand again. “Hey, don’t be mad. Anyway, I’m just wondering. Why you think a monk could help us with my problem?”

          “Because it’s that kind of person that I believe could give us hint to solve and find your past.”

          “My missing body! Yes!” Chanyeol looked at you and nodded.

          Your conversation was suddenly interrupted by a pair of skinny arms wrapped on both of your shoulders that was owned by Jongdae. He went in between you and the chestnut hair. Chanyeol glared at him before he looked away and hissed.

          “I feel like the third wheel on a date, or something.” Jongdae said.

          “Well, I told you before to go home if you’re feeling like that.” Chanyeol tried to move Jongdae’s arm out of him but the shorter stubbornly keep it there.

          “No, I’m already here. So, I’m not gonna leave not until you’re done.” The shorter said with pride. Chanyeol just sighed instead of disagreeing with his pal. “And, this is going to be fun now that you mention that this will be like ghost hunting and—”

          You tilted your head at the back of Jongdae that Chanyeol followed.

          You mouthed. “Is he always like this? So hyper and talkative.”

          “Yeah. He was actually healed from ADHD but he’s like coming back with it.” Chanyeol also mouthed.

          The boy seemed to not notice your chat at his back while the three of you were attached and continued talking.

          You and Chanyeol went back to place, letting Jongdae to talk continuously.

        “How many steps do you think we have climbed right now?” You tried to go changed his topic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter