The Plan

Melody's Kiss

 

Aclaire’s POV

Did I hear her right? Did she just say who I think she said? I couldn’t tell if I was feeling excited or frustrated. Didn’t he say he was going to school as a normal teenager and not as an idol? What was he doing telling people that he was Lee Joon?

“Are you sure it’s him, it could be a look alike,” I suggested.

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen him yet but some of the students have and the news spread to the whole school in seconds,” she explained.

At that moment, a horde of girls screaming their heads off raced ahead of us. Hyosung then dragged me along with her to see what the excitement was all about. When we reached the center of interest I found out that it really was none other than Joon.

“Joon oppa, is it really you?” One of the girls asked.

“Sorry but I think you’re mistaken. My name is Jin,” I heard him reply. I couldn’t see his face through the crowd but I could tell he was panicking from the sound of his voice. I immediately felt bad because I just accused him for spreading the word about his sudden appearance. Looks like I misunderstood the situation.

“I just saw his face! It really is him!” screamed Hyosung as she grabbed my hands and started jumping up and down.

Wow. She must really like him. Suddenly teachers came out of nowhere and started to disassemble the mob. Moments later my home room teacher Mrs. Park came and escorted Joon inside the building. He walked past me and I was sure he noticed me standing there but he quickly looked away. I was a bit taken back by his actions and his new haircut! When did it become so… short?

Joon’s POV

An old female teacher helped me escape the crowd and I noticed a familiar face staring at me. Aclaire? What was she doing here? Oh wait, she must go here too… What if she exposes me…? I quickly looked away in case she recognised me. Well now that I think about it, I doubt that did any help. From all the commotion earlier on I was sure that I had to think of a plan fast if I wanted to persuade the school I wasn’t Lee Joon.

The teacher who escorted me showed me where my locker was and handed me my diary.

“Well, welcome to Aiquiss High. I must say you really do resemble that idol… what was his name again…?” She trailed off.

“Lee Joon,” I interrupted and gave her a smile.

“Yes, that one! By the way, I’m Mrs. Park and I’m going to be your home group teacher,” Mrs Park stated and reached out her hand for a handshake.

I did the same, followed by a bow. Mrs. Park began to ask some questions when she was cut off by the bell indicating the start of lesson one. Yes! Saved by the bell! She then gestured for me to follow her to our class.

I tagged along at the back, making sure that I took a good look around the school. My class was upstairs and I noticed many girls were staring at me in disbelief. I gave them a friendly smile and was surprised when one of them staggered back and almost fell from shock. Luckily her friends supported her and she was ok. How am I going to keep a low profile at this school when people keep staring at me?

We were outside the classroom and already I could hear conversations about my arrival. I needed to think of a plan but what? I walked in behind the teacher and I immediately recognised Aclaire sitting by the window. I got it! I hope this plan would work.

“oh my god, its him…”

“…He looks exactly like him…”

“….I hope he’s single…”

I heard snippets of conversation from a group of girls sitting at the back. Mrs. Park raised her voice and settled the class down.

“G’morning class, as you can see we have a new student today. Lee Jin if you please,” She said and signalled for me to introduce myself.

I cleared my throat and began to speak, “Good morning everyone. My name is Lee Jin. As you have noticed earlier today, many people have mistaken me for the idol Lee Joon. I want to tell you now that I am not him and hopefully this has cleared any confusion. My cousin is also in this class so if you want to, you can confirm with her about my identity,”

The class suddenly started turning heads to see who my cousin was, even Aclaire. I gave a chuckle that was barely noticeable and continued to talk, “As I was saying, I really am not Lee Joon. Well I hope we’ll get along,” I finished talking and bowed.

There was a round of applause. To be honest I was quite pleased with my speech. Hopefully everyone was starting to believe the fact that I wasn’t Lee Joon.

“Who’s your cousin,” one of my classmates asked and I was glad he did. I gave a charming smile and continued my plan.

“Well we’re more like distant cousins. It’s Aclaire,” After I said her name, all heads in the class turned towards her including Mrs. Parks’. Using this opportunity I placed my hands together and pleaded for her to play along. As soon as the heads flashed back in my direction, I quickly changed my expression and repositioned my hands. It was quite funny actually. The whole class darted from Aclaire to my direction and back again as if they were watching a tennis match. This went on for a couple of seconds when a voice suddenly broke the silence.

“Aclaire is it true? You’re related to this guy?” the girl next to her said.

Aclaire’s POV

The whole class concentrated for my response when Hyosung asked me if I was related to Joon. Sorry I mean Jin. I saw his pleading face earlier and decided to help him since no one else knew about his situation.

I hesitated but finally gave a response, “Yeah I am,”

Hyosung clasped my hands and it made me jump. “Why didn’t you tell me you had such a hot cousin?” she whispered. I wanted to say I had no idea too. When was it decided that I was related to him?

Before I could give a response, Mrs. Park scanned the room for a spare seat and gestured for Joon to move. He walked towards my direction and I could feel something wasn’t right. He stopped at my desk and bent his face close to mine. He was so close, I could feel his breath when he spoke.

“I need to talk to you, meet me after school at the front gate,” he whispered and continued walking. I unconsciously flushed red. Immediately, I turned away to hide it and didn’t notice the daggers I was receiving from my female classmates, well, besides Hyosung of course.

His seat was directly two rows behind me. I heard a voice coming from the back and I knew it was Jonghyun’s.

“Welcome to Aiquiss, I’m Kim Jonghyun,” He introduced.

I didn’t dare turn around in case Jonghyun had noticed my red face. There were three spare seats in the class, why did Joon get seated next to Jonghyun?

“Nice to meet you Jonghyun, I’m Jin,” Joon replied.

The thing was I had a little crush on Jonghyun ever since the start of last year. But I never got the chance to even talk to him. I told myself I wasn’t going to get jealous over Joon and just face it, I’ll never be able to have a decent conversation with Jonghyun.

~~~

Joon’s arrival caused quite a commotion but at the end of the day he somehow managed to survive with people believing he was Lee Jin. For that I had to give him some credit for, he even cut his hair to disguise himself!

But because of Joon, my best friend has gotten more obsessed with Mblaq… she was saying how she couldn’t wait until the concert and how Lee Joon is now her favourite member. She seemed really excited and I wanted to just tell her Lee Joon was right in front of her face but I knew I couldn’t. We walked out of class and started to head home when I saw Joon standing at the front gate. Oh right! He wanted to talk to me.

Hyosung seemed to have noticed him too and pulled me along in his direction.

“Hey Jin!” Hyosung said brightly.

Joon turned his head and gave a small wave. Hyosung gave me a nudge indicating me to introduce her. I swallowed my saliva and began the introduction, “Jin, this is my best friend Jun Hyosung.” Hyosung gave a sweet smile and Joon returned it.

“Nice to meet you Hyosung, I have something to tell Aclaire so if you don’t mind…” he trailed off.

“Oh sorry…well I guess I should go, bye Aclaire. See you Jin,” she said and left us alone.

“Let’s get out of here quickly,” Joon said and grabbed me by the arm. This grabbing arm thing of his was beginning to become a habit. We walked in silence until we were at the back of the school building.

“So what did you want to tell me?” I asked.

He took a deep breath and began to speak, “Aclaire, I’m really sorry for dragging you into this mess. It’s just I had no other option, so will you play along and be my distant cousin?” he asked.

“Well, I guess I could. I’ve helped you this far, might as well go all the way,” I said. Surprisingly I had no objections to helping him. 

He let out a sigh of relief and gave me a big smile, “Thank you so much! Please don’t tell anyone about my real identity," he pleaded. 

I nodded.

“Promise…?” he inquired.

A confident smile sneaked across my face, “I Promise.”

***

Omg! Chapter 5 is up!! So… what did you think of Jonghyun’s arrival? Comment your thoughts… :D

Sorry this chapter is quite long and it’s probably dragging the story line a little. I also apologise because I didn’t know where to end it so it has a crappy chapter ending… :\

As usual thank you to those who commented and subscribed and a big thank you to YOU for reading!!! <33