What am I to you?

Melody's Kiss

Aclaire’s POV

A loud bang scared me and caused me to run to the door and open it. I was about to run into the kitchen when Joon’s body had stopped me. He laid flat on the floor and looked as if he had passed out.

“What should I do?” I panicked and wasn’t sure how I was going to handle this. I looked around the room and sighed.

“Ok, whatever.”

I bent down and tried to lift Joon up. God he was heavy! I managed to sling one of his arms around my shoulders and somehow lifted him. My legs were trembling as I walked over towards my bed. Joon wasn’t helping as I was practically dragging his feet across the room. Just a few more steps-

Thump!

The weight on my shoulders immediately vanished and half of Joon’s body rested on the side of my bed. I carefully lifted his legs and placed them onto the soft mattress. I peered at his handsome face and saw sweat dripping from his forehead. I quickly went to the bathroom and got a cool wet towel. He looked like he was suffering so much and for some reason that made my heart ache. Without hesitation, I placed the towel onto his forehead and pulled the blanket halfway over him. A yawn escaped my mouth and my eyes were heavy. I wheeled my chair over to my bed and sat there wiping sweat from his face. Sleepiness invaded me and soon my head had dropped and I was asleep.

Joon’s POV

A throbbing sensation filled my head and my throat was dry. I failed to open my eyes and slowly sat up. A piece of cloth fell from my head and landed roughly on my lap. It felt like a just woke up from a hangover. My eyes finally opened and the first thing I saw was this pale pink blanket covering me. I looked around my surrounding and furrowed my eyebrows, everything seemed too feminine to belong to me. Suddenly my eyes landed on a female resting her head on the side of the bed and I jumped… literally.

That wasn’t a good idea though. I was so shocked that I moved too quickly and lost my balance on the other side of the bed. I landed on the hard floor and pain shot through my lower back. I placed a hand on the mattress and supported myself up. My head was still throbbing and I had to stay still to prevent dizziness.

I didn’t recognise this room and the things in here were definitely not mine. Curious, I silently walked over to the female to see who she was. My hands cupped my mouth to stop a loud gasp from escaping. It was Aclaire.

Was she sleeping like this the whole night? I thought to myself.

Unexpectedly, I couldn’t help myself but smile like a little kid who was about to receivie his favourite candy. I walked over to her and bent down slowly. The space between us closed and I was inches away from touching her cheeks with my lips. I closed my eyes and whispered, “Good morni-”

Smack!

Before I could even get close enough, a hard head shot up and knocked against my nose which sent my head flying backwards. I stumbled back and landed on the floor with a hand covering my nose in pain. Aclaire looked around the room in a haze and probably missed me because I was below her eye level. The fall didn’t help my aching head and now my nose was another centre for pain. I stood up slowly in case I fell due to dizziness and saw Aclaire’s eyes widen.

Aclaire’s POV

I gasped as I saw Joon standing right there in front of me. What? How? When did he get in my room? Then I recalled what happened last night and felt relieved. So he didn’t break in or anything.

“Why are you standing there? You’re sick. You should be in bed resting,” I said and pointed at the bed.

“I’m feeling a lot better now,” he said followed by a chain of coughs.

“Of course you are.” I replied sarcastically and walked over to him. I gave his back a gentle push so he would walk over to bed and rest.

“Wait here and sleep. I’m going to make some food and then I’ll give you some medicine.” I said while letting out a yawn.

“What about school?” I heard him whisper as I walked out the door.

“We’re taking the day off,” I answered and went to prepare some good old-fashioned sickness-curing- food. Porridge. Well at least that’s what helped me get better when I was sick.

~~~

I inhaled deeply as the scent of the amazing meal I just prepared finished cooking.

“Perfect.” I said happily and grabbed a bowl to scoop some of the porridge into it. I hope Joon wouldn’t find this absolutely disgusting.

I carried the food that I wholeheartedly made inside my room. Joon was lying in bed like I had instructed and I couldn’t help but notice how much he resembled a puppy. Cute! His head lifted up when he noticed me approaching. I took a seat beside him and looked a little embarrassed.

“This isn’t the best dish, but you won’t be able to eat anything much anyway,” I said as I scooped a spoonful of the porridge and hovered it in front of his mouth.

He sat up, “This better not kill me.” He said and slowly took a bite.

He immediately scrunched up his face and turned away fanning his tongue.

“Hey, it can’t taste that bad,” I said a little upset.

“-ot,”

“What?”

“H-hot,” he replied.

“Oh, sorry!” I immediately apologised and watched as he slowly recovered.

“You almost burnt my tongue,” He cried.

“I’m sorry… here I’ll cool it down.” I said and began to blow on the spoon in an attempt to lower the temperature.

Joon’s POV

This girl. She’s driving me insane. I watched as she put all her concentration into cooling down the food. Why is she so nice?

“Ok this shouldn’t be so hot anymore,” she said and raised the spoon to my mouth with insisting eyes.

I engulfed the whole spoon and swallowed the porridge. I don’t know what happened but my whole body felt warm and tingly. It was delicious, plain but with a hint of sweetness to it.

“So how is it…?” Aclaire asked.

I rocked my head from side to side, “It’s, edible.”

Aclaire frowned, “Well that’s better than disgusting… I guess.”

There was a moment of silence and I wondered if she was going to keep thinking about my comment.

“Well are you going to feed me more or not?” I asked.

She gave a slight smile and scooped up another spoonful of porridge, this time cooling it down carefully before she fed it to me. Damn. My heart was not listening to me again. I became so focused on her that I didn’t notice the spoon coming towards me. I quickly snapped out of it and felt a little nervous when she gave me a warm smile. What am I feeling? Maybe it was the headache, or nose-ache, well whatever it was, it caused me to do this. After I ate another spoonful of the porridge, I gently grabbed onto Aclaire’s hand. She dropped the spoon from shock and looked at me with surprise.

“What is it?” She asked, “Was the porridge too hot this time as well,”

I pulled her hand closer and placed it onto my chest.

“Can you feel this?”

Her face turned a slight crimson and nodded.

“Good. Now I want to ask you something. What am I to you?”

She looked startled and tried to pull her hand back. I stopped her and held it firmly in place.

“W-what are you saying?” She stuttered, the colour of her face turning a few shades deeper.

“Aclaire, what am I to you?”

********************

Yesh!! Another chapter completed!!! Sorry for not updating more frequently! The school holidays are slowly approaching so I might be able to update more during that time. :D

Thank you for reading!

Please comment! I love reading your comments. They just make my day =D

<3