The Photo Shoot

Melody's Kiss

Chunji’s POV

I grabbed my suitcase and took a big sigh as I looked back at Aclaire’s apartment block.

“Goodbye, Aclaire,” I said to myself and smiled.

I got out my phone and dialled for a taxi hoping that there was service at 6.30 in the morning. I was relieved when someone picked up and took my request. It was freezing outside. I rubbed the sides of my arms as I stood there waiting and regretted not wearing another layer. Minutes later a taxi arrived and the driver came out to assist me with my luggage. I was about to get in when my name was yelled.

Surprised, I turned around and saw Joon walking towards me.

“Hey! You’re not going to leave just like that without a good bye right?” Joon said with a smile.

The edges of my lips curled upwards as I walked over to him. Suddenly a figure appeared behind him.

Aclaire?

Joon gave me a quick hug and leaned in to whisper in my ear, “This is your last chance.” He said and looked over to Aclaire.

I got his hint but did I have the courage? Aclaire walked up to me and my heart started to beat at an uncontrollable fast rate.

“It was nice seeing you again, Chunji. I got to see a new side of you and I hope you would continue to play the 'good guy',” She said and flashed a heavenly smile.

My body reacted before I could think. I walked up and placed my arms around her. Her body tensed at my touch but she didn’t push me away.

“I’m sorry for being such a jerk these past years,” I said and released her from my embrace. I looked at her and then at Joon. I knew that there was no room for me in her heart.

I leaned my head in close to her ear, “Good luck with Joon,” I whispered and gave her a playful wink.

I heard her let out a slight gasp. She was about to say something but I interrupted.

“I really owed you an apology. Well goodbye,”

Joon gave me another hug and patted my back. I waved at the two of them and they did the same. My eyes laid a split second longer on Aclaire. She mouthed the words “thank you” and I knew that she really liked him. Even though she didn’t say anything, her actions, her expressions when he’s around gives it all away. Too bad, Joon just hasn’t realised that yet. I got into the taxi and didn’t want to turn around.

“I didn’t get to tell you my true feelings today, but I think it’s better this way,” I quietly said to myself and made up my mind to let it go as the taxi drove me to the airport.

Aclaire’s POV

Although Chunji shocked me a little with his actions, I had the slightest feeling that the Chunji I knew back then had returned, which made me happy.

“Oh god, it’s freezing out here,” Joon said a he cupped his hands in front of his face and breathed out hot air onto them.

I smiled. He was too cute.

“We should hurry and walk to school then,” I suggested and started walking. His hand suddenly grabbed my arm, preventing me from moving any further.

 “Your foot isn’t fully healed yet. You shouldn’t be walking too much,” Joon said.

“I’m fine! After the ice, it’s fully recovered overnight,” I replied and placed my other hand on top of his hand that was holding my arm.

“Let’s go,” I said and tugged him.

“Well if you say so,” He answered and started walking in front of me.

My smile turned into a huge grin as I followed behind him like a lost puppy.

~~~

Time flew so fast. It was time for me to help my Dad model already! Gosh I was so nervous. What if I stuff up? What if the manager didn’t think I was good enough? What if I accidently ruined the wedding gown?

“Hey can we come and watch?” Hyosung asked when we exited the school grounds and interrupted my thoughts.

“I don’t know,” I replied.

“Well, we’re coming anyway,” Hyosung chimed and locked her arms with mine. She turned around to face the others, “You guys are coming, right?”

“Of course! Who would want to miss Aclaire in a wedding dress,” Himchan’s familiar voice replied.

“Stop it guys. You’re only going to make her nervous,” Michelle answered.

“Thank you Michelle,” I said with gratitude.

We arrived at the photo studio and were stopped by two men. Probably security.

“I’m Aclaire and I’m the new model for Bridal,” I informed them. They didn’t look convinced and still blocked the entry. A man then came running out of the building and I immediately recognised him. It was Dad. He whispered something to the security guards and they moved away immediately.

“Aclaire! Welcome,” Dad said but his expression changed when he saw so many people. “I’m sorry but I don’t think I’m allowed to let your friends in,”

“Oh, that’s ok,” I replied and turned to face Hyosung and the others, “I’m really sorry but he said you guys aren’t allowed in,”

Hyosung and Himchan both “awwed” while the others didn’t really care. They walked off when my Dad suddenly came down and grabbed Joon's arm.

“Oh, Jin. You came!” My Dad exclaimed when he saw Joon, “Come on let’s get inside,” he said and gestured for Joon and I to enter.

The others looked confused but didn’t want to question us and continued to walk. 

“W-wait,” Joon protested but he was already being pushed inside by my Dad.

We got inside and were introduced to the staff members.

“This is Cindy and she’s going to be your stylist,” Dad informed and I nodded.

“Um, I’m sorry to say this again but modelling really isn’t my thing,” Joon continued to protest.

My Dad let out a small sigh, “Well if you’re that against it. Why don’t you just stay and watch then,”

“Um, sure,” Joon replied and was directed to a seat.

I, on the other hand was directed to the change rooms and had my wedding dress picked out immediately. I looked at it in awe when it was presented to me. It was strapless and had a beautiful silver ribbon that wrapped around the waist area with a small bow on the edge to compliment it. The dress was very long and had two layers. The first layer was designed with some loose ruffles and gave the whole dress a very feminine touch.

“This is absolutely beautiful,” I said in adoration.

“Isn’t it?” Cindy replied and handed me the dress.

I couldn’t believe I was actually going to wear this. After putting it on I did a few twirls and admired my reflection in the mirror.

“It looks amazing on you! Ok, time to do your makeup and hair,” Cindy said excitedly.

~~~

“And now for the finishing touch, the veil,” Cindy said and carefully placed it on top of my head.

Joon’s POV

I noticed some female photographers staring at me as I was sitting there. They were whispering to each other and giggling. I hid my face and hoped that they didn’t recognise who I was. I sighed and flicked through some magazines.

Suddenly, the staff gathered around the dressing room entrance and I heard gasps escaping from every one of them.

I looked up. My eyes widen and my mouth opened slightly. My heart skipped a beat as the figure entered the room and smiled. Was that really Aclaire? I blinked a few times and shook my head to snap out of my trance. She looked… so… beautiful. No. More than beautiful, words just couldn’t describe her.

She walked into the studio and got into position. She was taking pictures with a young male and tried her best to act along with the stranger.

“Ok, good. Now change your pose. Ok. Smile a bit more. More lovingly,” I heard Aclaire’s Dad say as he took the photos.

Everyone seemed to be admiring the couple and to be honest I was one of them. They looked really good together. But for some reason during the whole photo shoot my eyes were locked on Aclaire and no one else. Even if there was a group photo, I was only looking at her.

Why couldn’t I take my eyes off her?

As they did more photos something started to tug inside my heart… and I felt a hint, just a hint of jealously towards the male she was taking photos with. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried not to think about it.

“Ok. Good job everyone! That’s it for today,” Aclaire’s Dad announced and started to applaud everyone for their efforts.

I opened my eyes again and saw Aclaire walking towards my way. I quickly adverted my gaze away from her.

“Hey, let’s take a photo together!” She said excitedly and grabbed my hands.

“W-what?” I asked in shock but I was already being pulled towards the photographers.

“Dad, can I take a photo with Jin?” Aclaire asked, “As, a memory,” she added.

Her Dad smiled and got out the camera. “Ok then. On the count of 3,” he started.

Aclaire then hooked her arm around mine and smiled brightly. For some mysterious reason I was nervous. My heart race started to increase and sweat was forming on the palm of my hands.

“Ok, 1, 2, 3, smile,” Aclaire’s Dad said followed by the sound of the flashing camera.

After the photo Aclaire looked at me and smiled.

“Sorry for dragging you out for a photo. I just wanted to take one with you because I know that there wouldn’t be another chance for me to dress up and get my makeup done like this,” Aclaire explained.

I stared deeply into her eyes. How have I never noticed how pretty they were?

After listening to her, I cleared my throat and looked away.

“That’s ok. I guess it doesn’t hurt to take just one picture,” I replied.

“The photos will be ready in a day or two,” Aclaire’s stylist for the day informed her. Aclaire thanked her and went into the change room to get out of her dress.

After she came out her Dad handed her a box that was decorated with a ribbon around it.

“This is a gift from the staff for helping us,” I heard her Dad say, “It’s a couple necklace so you can give the other half to a person of your choice,”

“I can’t accept this, it’s too valuable,” Aclaire said and gently pushed the gift back to her Dad.

“No, take it,” her Dad insisted.

They continued to push the gift to each other and I was beginning to get tired of watching them. I walked up with a smile.

“That’s a really pretty necklace. Can I help put it on for you?” I asked Aclaire.

“Oh, this isn’t min-,” she said but was interrupted by her Dad.

“Yes. Please put it on for her,” he said and gave me one of the two pieces of jewellery.

“Ok, turn around,” I told Aclaire and she did. I held onto each end of the necklace and manoeuvred my arm around her neck. It was quite hard to hook on because her hair was in the way. She probably noticed and immediately apologised.

“Sorry,” she said and gathered all her hair and moved it to one side.

I was slightly taken back. The nape of her neck was bare and she revealed milky white skin. Oh god. I felt my temperature increasing. I cleared my throat. Why was I acting like this? 

After succeeding in putting the necklace on she turned around and asked for the other necklace. 

"Well, I guess this other necklace should be for you," she suggested and dangled the necklace in her hands. 

Her Dad then suddenly clapped his hands together. "Well, isn't that sweet," 

Both of us then immediately looked down and to one side. 

"So. You going to accept it?" She asked and held out the necklace. I looked up and noticed she still had her head down and a smile unconsciously formed on my face.

"Sure," 

***********

Wooh~! Another chapter finished =D 

Is Joon starting to develop the slightest hint of liking towards Aclaire?? Well anticipate the next update! >.<

Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment <3 

Here's another picture of the photo shoot:

linda-ron21.jpg