Model!?

Melody's Kiss

Aclaire’s POV

We reached the bottom of the school building and Joon had put me down.

“Thanks,” I said shyly.

He placed his hand on the top of my head and smiled, “Your welcome,”

We stood there waiting for a bus to arrive since I couldn’t walk. After what felt like hours the bus parked in front of us and we boarded. I took a seat next to a window on the right and Joon came and sat next to me. For some reason the bus was quite empty. There were only a young couple and the elderly present. Joon and I didn’t talk much. Although we sat in silence, it was quite enjoyable just having him next to me.

The bus finally came to a stop and we got off.

“Can you walk?” Joon asked.

“I can try,” I answered.

Joon then grabbed my arm and placed it around his shoulders. Oh god. Why is he doing this to me?

“This should help,” he said.

We walked slowly and reached my apartment at last. My Mum opened the door and was shocked at my state. “What happened?” She asked worriedly and got my other arm and placed it around her shoulder so she could help support me.

“I think she’s sprained her ankle,” Joon replied.

My Mum shot a glance at Joon and then at me. “And this is…?” she questioned.

“Oh, right. This is Jin. That guy you saw when you first arrived,” I explained.

My Mum nodded understandingly and Joon gave a slight bow.

I walked into the lounge room and overheard my Dad yelling on the phone.

“What do you mean she’s not going to do it because she doesn’t like the male lead?” My Dad inquired.

I narrowed my eyebrows. What was he talking about? Joon came and stood beside me while my Mum went to the kitchen to bring me some ice.

“And now he’s quitting because he’s offended? How could they just bail out? The shoot is in three days. How are we going to find the right models in this short amount of time?” Dad said sounding even more frustrated with each word he said.

My Mum came back and immediately started to aid my ankle. I shivered when I felt the cold ice brush against my skin.

“Sorry dear,” my Mum said.

“It’s ok, the cold just shocked me a little that’s all,” I answered.

She finished and carefully bandaged my ankle.

“Ok, all done,” she said, “You should be careful next time,”

“Yeah I will,” I replied.

She got up and looked at Joon.

“Oh and Jin. Thank you for helping her. Why don’t you stay for dinner?”

Joon seemed surprised by the sudden offer and blinked a couple of times. He then gave a bright smile and replied.

“Sure, I’d love to,”

My Dad then came into the lounge room with an unhappy expression. He was still talking on the phone and his eyes twinkled when he saw me. I was confused, what was he thinking?

“W-wait, don’t cancel the shoot, I think I just found ourselves a possible model. I’ll call you as soon as they agree ok? Bye,” he said.

Did I just here him right? A model?

He approached me with a wide smile which in my opinion was a little scary.

“H-hey Dad,” I stuttered.

“Aclaire!” He said and clasped my hands, “Could you do me a big favour?”

“Um, yeah I guess. What is it?” I asked.

My Dad’s face lit up, “Aclaire, you have just been hired as my new model,”

My mouth gaped open, “Model?”

“Model?” Mum said in shock.

“Model?” Joon then followed.

“Aclaire, a model?” My Mum and Joon said in unison as they pointed at me.

“Yes, that’s right. My daughter is going to be the new model for Bridal’s new issue,” My said proudly as he lifted his chin high.

“Oh, and this young man here is going to do it as well,” he said and gestured towards Joon.

“Me?” Joon said and pointed to himself.

“Yes, you. By the way, I don’t think we’ve met. Who are you?” My Dad asked.

Joon gave a bow, “I’m Aclaire’s classmate, Lee Jin. It’s nice to meet you,” he introduced and extended his hand for a handshake.

“Ah Jin. You’re that guy we saw last time. Well so what do say? Are you in?” My Dad said.

Joon took a moment to think, “Thank you but I don’t think modelling really suits me, besides I have no experience of it at all,”

“Well, I guess I can’t force you,” My Dad said disappointingly.

“I’m terribly sorry,” Joon apologised.

“Nah. Don’t worry about it,” Dad said. He then put an arm around me. “Well, Aclaire, welcome to the business,”

Joon’s POV

I actually wanted to do it, but modelling would mean I have to be in public. What if someone recognised me? Aclaire’s Mum then sudden spoke and broke off my thoughts.

“Ok, ok. Enough chatter. Why don’t you help me prepare dinner dear,” Aclaire’s Mum suggested.

“Oh, of course,” Aclaire’s Dad replied and rolled up his sleeves. They left for the kitchen and Aclaire and I were alone in the lounge room.

“I’m so sorry, my parents are a little… weird,” Aclaire said.

“No, that’s fine. They’re way better than my parents,” I said. Suddenly thoughts of my Dad came into mind. Was he going to keep his promise and let me continue being an idol if I graduate?

“Hey, I wonder where Chunji went?” Aclaire asked and broke my train of thoughts.

I shrugged my shoulders to suggest that I didn’t have the slightest clue. Seconds later he appeared in the lounge room drying his wet hair. It was as if he knew we were talking about him. When he noticed us he scoffed and turned around.

“What’s his problem?” Aclaire asked quietly to herself. 

~~~

Aclaire’s parents had prepared dinner and everyone ate it deliciously.

“Here, you should try Mum’s honey soy chicken, it’s the best!” Aclaire exclaimed and placed some onto my plate.

“Thanks,” I said and took a bite. I was suddenly put into a trance. It was so good! The flavours melted in my mouth and my tastes buds were craving for more.

“This is delicious!” I finally managed to say.

Aclaire’s Mum gave a small laugh, “I’m glad you like it,”

The atmosphere was so warm and I haven’t felt this warmth in quite a long time now. This made me miss my members so much.

Chunji was sitting next to me but he didn’t utter a word. Was it because I was here? Well he seemed pretty down so I decided maybe he needed a man to man talk.

I offered to help with the dishes as a thank you for the fantastic dinner. Aclaire went to the bathroom and I took this opportunity to go to Chunji’s room. He left his door open and I just casually walked in.

“Hey,” I said.

Chunji jumped and then turned around to see who it was.

“Oh, it’s you. Come in,” he said.

I did as I was asked and shut the door behind me.

“Something wrong?” He asked.

“I should be asking you that question. Is something wrong?” I asked him back.

“No, why would there be?” Chunji replied.

“Come on, it’s just the two of us. No one’s going to hear it. Come on, spill it. I know when something is wrong with a person,” I told him.

He sighed. “It’s just something stupid. So don’t worry,”

“Hey, that’s not fair. You know my secret, now tell me yours?” I said.

He gave a slight laugh. “It’s ok. I appreciate the thought but it’s nothing, really,” he reassured.

I raised an eyebrow and then pretended to stare at my nails.

“You know, Aclaire said that you guys were friends. I mean, you seem like a decent guy. I wonder what happened,” I started.

“What? Aclaire talked to you about me?” He said suddenly interested. He was falling for my plan. I am such a genius!

“Well, this and that,” I said casually.

“I must’ve sounded like such a jerk,” he said and turned around.

“So if you tell me what’s wrong, I’ll tell you what else she said,” I suggested.

He turned back around to face me and sighed, “Why is it that I can never act like a jerk around others and only Aclaire? Anyway here’s the story,”

~~~

“WHAT!? You like Acl-?” I said but was stopped before I could continue.

“Yeah... To be honest, I’m a little jealous of her relationship with you but hey I deserve this,” He said.

“You are such an idiot. There's nothing going on between us and this afternoon? Maybe if you waited a bit longer after school you would’ve seen her,” I said.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. Oh, don’t you tell Aclaire that I waited for her,” He suddenly said in panic.

I gave a small chuckle, “I won’t, promise”

“But yeah, she hates me. It’s ok though, I’m going to be going back to the States tomorrow,” Chunji said.

“What? But that’s so fast. You just got here and now you’re going to leave,” I said in disbelief, “At least tell how you feel or apologise or, or just do something,”

Chunji shook his head and clasped my hands.

“I’m going to leave Aclaire to you. I mean you may not see it but she really cares for you so you better not make her worry, ok?”

“What? So you’re never going to tell her the truth?” I asked.

He sighed, “Well even if I do, she’ll still hate me. It makes no difference,”

“I can’t believe you. That’s it, if I keep listening to you I think I’ll start to drag Aclaire in here for you to talk to her,” I said and started to walk out his room.

“Hey you better not tell her what I said,” Chunji yelled across the room.

I nodded. “I promised I won’t didn’t I?”

~~~

I got back to my apartment and didn’t realised it was so late. I threw myself onto my bed and laid there. Chunji’s words have been ringing in my head for the last hour.

“…you may not see it but she really cares for you…”

What on earth was that supposed to mean?

**********

Yes! Chapter 18 is finished!! This chapter took me so long to write!

But Anyway, as always thank you for reading. Comments are always welcomed <33