Meeting Joon

Melody's Kiss

Chunji’s POV

“What? No!” she responded and stood up.

“Then I guess this secret’s not going to be so much of a secret anymore…” I said as I gently tapped my lower lip.

She closed her eyes and swallowed. She took several breaths and when she finally opened her eyes, they were red and she was at the brink of crying, again.

Surprised I tried to reach my hand out to wipe them away but I forced myself not to.

“Tsk, why are you crying?” I asked in the rudest way I could manage.

She swallowed again. Although tears ran down her cheeks her eyes were full of determination.

“Chunji. You know what? If you keep this secret I think that I would at least retrieve some positive feelings towards you. What you’re doing now is just absolutely cruel,” she stated.

Aclaire took steps towards me and her strong determination struck something deep inside my heart.

“I don’t hate you Chunji. But if this secret gets out, not only are you ruining anything left of our relationship but you’re also destroying someone’s dream. And because of this crushed dream, everyone will have no trust for Joon anymore. He would suffer, and seeing him suffer makes me suffer. Can you handle that responsibility Chunji?” She declared.

Stunned by how good she was at manipulating my thoughts, I was about to give in.

“So? What will it be?” she asked a bit louder this time.

Frustrated, I decided to just get persuaded. I placed a hand on her shoulder which made her change her expression from determined to surprise. I gave a friendly smile, one that I haven’t showed her in a while now.

“Ok, I’ll keep it,” I said.

“…really?” she asked uncertainly.

I stood up and placed my hands behind my head with my back facing her.

“Well, sometimes I want to play the good guy too,” I said, “But… I want you to introduce me,”

She gave a sigh of relief, “No problem,” she said.

Aclaire’s POV

That sure was a change of character. I didn’t expect Chunji to agree like that although he did say he wanted to meet Joon. I guess that’s his idea of a favour in return. Therefore, I decided to give Joon a surprise visit the next day.

~~~

“Hey, how do I look?” Chunji questioned.

I raised an eyebrow, “Fine,” I replied.

“Don’t give me that look. I’m here to meet an idol, I should at least look decent,” he answered.

I nodded slowly and rang the bell.

The door opened and Joon was wearing a tank top with the worst bed hair I’ve ever seen. I smiled brightly at how cute he was. He was half asleep and when he saw the both of us he immediately slammed the door shut.

“Are you sure that’s really Lee Joon?” Chunji asked.

I rolled my eyes. Just because he was keeping a secret didn’t mean I had started to stop disliking him.

I decided to ring the bell again. This time, he opened the door with a t-shirt on and his hair neatly brushed down.

“Sorry, please come in,” he suggested and the two of us entered his apartment.

The first thing I noticed was the state of his apartment. I blinked several times and tried to persuade myself I was seeing things but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. Clothes were scattered around the lounge room and empty packets of chips were left on the floor. How could he live in here? I looked over at Chunji and he was just as surprised as I was.

Joon probably noticed and spoke up awkwardly, “Yeah, sorry about the mess. I’ve been busy,”

Chunji nodded slowly and I did the same.

“So what’s up?” Joon asked.

Right. “Oh, My friend Chunji here, kind of, um…, Chunji you tell him,”

“What? Why? You’re the one who told me so you tell him,” Chunji retorted.

Joon had a confused expression on his face.

“Joon, you see…” I started when Joon’s eyes widened.

“Aclaire. I’m Jin.” He said in a slightly panicked voice.

“Yeah, um… we don’t have to pretend anymore,” I said.

Joon was now really shocked, “What do you mean? Pretend what?” he said as he gave a nervous laugh.

I sighed. “Chunji knows,” I finally said.

Joon’s mouth gaped open. He looked at me and then directed his gaze to Chunji.

“How…?” Joon asked now locking eye contact with mine.

I bit my lower lip. “I kind of told him,”

Before Joon could say anything Chunji butted in, “Well then, since the secrets out. I’m Chunji. Nice to meet you Joon,”

“Er, yeah. Nice to meet you,” Joon replied, “Aclaire, can I talk to you for a sec?”

I nodded and starting following him and Chunji did the same. Joon sighed, “Alone?”

Chunji then stopped in his tracks and watched us walk away. Joon led me into his room and closed the door behind us. When he was certain Chunji wasn’t eavesdropping he turned to face me.

“Aclaire, I can’t believe you-” He began.

“I can explain,” I quickly interrupted.

He put his hands on his hips and nodded slowly. “Ok, explain.”

“You see, he had already suspected that you weren’t Lee Jin and he kind of found out when he saw my browsing history,” I explained.

“Browsing history? What does that have to do with anything?” He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

I hung my head low in embarrassment, “I was googling you,”

I heard him snicker. “You googled me?” he said as a smirk formed on his face, “And Chunji saw it and immediately knew that I was Joon,”

“Basically. I’m really sorry! He just found out,” I said with my head still facing the floor, “I’m terribly sorry and I’m ready to get scolded, hit, ignored and anything that would make you forgive me,” I apologised.

“Look, I’m not angry or anything. I just needed to know if he can keep a secret,” He said.

“I’m sure he can, he promised.... So you’re not mad…?” I asked as I slowly lifted my head.

He shook his head, “Nope, I’m a little annoyed but not mad,”

What? Annoyed and mad were basically the same thing.

He sighed and ruffled his hair, “Well, what’s done is done. If you think this guy is trustworthy then I guess I just have to deal with it. I’m glad you told me though. If I found out that he knew because you told him behind my back without informing me I would’ve killed you,” he then smiled, one of those scary smiles that you don’t want to mess with. 

I gulped, I’m pretty sure he was being dead serious when he said he was going to kill me.

“Ok, well I wouldn’t want your friend to be waiting alone outside so let’s go,” he said and jerked his head towards the door.

Joon’s POV

Surprisingly, I wasn’t as angry as I thought I would be. For some reason I just couldn’t be angry at Aclaire. Maybe it’s because she’s helped me so much, getting totally furious because her friend had figured out I was a fraud didn’t mean she did it purposely.

~~~

I groaned when the bell rang to signal the start of the last two lessons, Math. I walked into class and noticed Aclaire was there already. How did she get here so fast?

“Hey,” I greeted and she greeted me back.

 “I still feel so bad, I’m really sorry,” she apologised.

“Didn’t I tell you, I’ve forgiven you already,” I answered. I’ve lost count on how many times she said sorry. I mean she already said it a hundred times when Chunji came for a visit.

“Yeah, but I still-”

“Stop. The more you apologise the more I feel that maybe I shouldn’t have forgiven you,” I replied hoping it would stop her from saying sorry.

She nodded. Mr. Lee’s booming voice reverberated across the room. I felt sorry for the students sitting in front of him, I’m pretty sure they would either burn from his glares or go deaf from his voice. He continued with another boring lecture. I yawned. Before I knew it my eyes had closed and slowly I couldn’t hear Mr. Lee’s voice anymore…

I felt my arm being nudged. I groaned and continued my nap.

“-in, Jin,” a male’s voice whispered as my arm was being nudged continuously. It suddenly stopped and a deafening bang made me shoot right up. I opened my eyes slightly and noticed a hand on the table.

The figure of Mr. Lee hovered above me with an unhappy expression.

“I see you’ve been enjoying this lesson,” he said.

I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment, “I’m sorry sir,” He walked back to his desk and started filling out two forms.

“Detention for you, and can you please wake Aclaire next to you as well, I’ll be seeing you both after school,”

I looked over to my left and saw that Aclaire was asleep as well. How on earth did she not wake up when Mr. Lee literally smashed the table with his hand? I elbowed her but she was motionless. I tried poking her cheek and she still didn’t wake. I furrowed my eyebrows. Everything didn’t seem to wake her so I leaned in close to her ear and whispered.

“Hey, Aclaire. Wake up,”

She mumbled something. Ok, there was a reaction so maybe this would work. I continued.

“Aclaire, wake up,” I whispered more loudly this time. She twitched. For some reason I was finding this very amusing. After several more whispers she finally lifted her head. Our faces were inches apart and she blinked wearily. She probably realised how close we were and immediately shrunk back to the edge of her seat. She had moved too quickly and ended up rocking the chair to a side which was dangerously unbalanced.

“Watch out,” I yelled. 

****

Ok, I’ve decided to have a double update as a thank you for being patient. I’ve had exams so I was quite busy but yeah they’re over now so I will probably be able to update more frequently.

And yeah I’ve also been having a writer’s block so… forgive me for the dragging storyline…

But please look forward to the next chapter =D

xxx